Lt. Commander
# 171
10-17-2012, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
You can't be serious. Have you even fitted the MKXII Omega engines and seen the turnrate/max speed on that compared to any other engines in the game? It beats the Aegis which easily beats the Borg. The Borg isn't even a hyper impulse engine.
You're right i havent. I've fitted Maco and tested those

I dont believe there is that big a difference but if you want to give me numbers that's fine.

But the maco engines dont stack up to the borg to be honest and i don't see omega being that much different.

I'm going to wait and see what the fleet engines are since we're going to have them rather soon. But I'll be glad to be full fleet no matter what the set bonuses become.
Captain
# 172
10-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
I don't believe there's been one...I made a post in one of the threads that was merged in, but removed it when i saw another mod working on the same thread. I thought I'd Ninja'd my post out before anyone saw it

That is unless I missed something else.

I'm issuing a few warnings over the last few pages, please try and avoid discussing fleet names and player names guys. It's against the rules. Discussion on the power changes is of course welcome.
NP, when you guys do team DC the threads get confusing real fast.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Captain
# 173
10-17-2012, 02:55 PM
The existng cutting beam is a debuff. his is a weapon, they are not going to work the same. Current cutting beam is bassiclly a high sheild pen kenetic damage tachyon beam.
Community Moderator
# 174
10-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
NP, when you guys do team DC the threads get confusing real fast.
Haha yeah, to me too, I went to do something to one thread, and another mod ninja'd me to it (no idea who!) so when the post I made appeared in this it was a definite WTF moment ;-)
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Rihannsu
# 175
10-17-2012, 02:58 PM
The other set bonuses are terrible, so hopefully they'll rethink them along with this change.
Community Moderator
# 176
10-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
I don't know about the slander, but changing something I paid for is FRAUD and they have already done that so....

They should leave the Borg set alone as some of us did the HARD version of the STFs way back when to earn it.

Used to be Cryptic left stuff that was already in game alone to avoid the FRAUD moniker, they need to reinstate this policy.

As for devs in fleets getting stuff modified to suit their play style, I believe that would be grounds for termination.

Which pieces of the Borg set and Maco set are recommended?
Calm down, this isn't fraud, you've not 'bought' anything with real money, this is a power set adjustment - it's not exactly fraud if I trained a Boff in Tactical Team and then they changed the power's effects is it?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Captain
# 177
10-17-2012, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
No, the new holdings are either part of or just after S7 and will run concurrently with the current T4 builds going on. They are for embassies in various areas, the new Romulan zone for example and require far less in contributions than the Starbase, IIRC they are also going to be tied into the new rep system. There's a blog about it somewhere. The rewards will be new consoles again IIRC.
If you can actually get these consoles without insane levels of fleetgrind, dilithium, or needing specific starbase tiers, or another nasty surprise (I do not necessarily consider the reputation system as bad, as a note), then this might be really good.

I will refrain from judgment until I actually see it, but I am not overly optimistic, seeing as how the starbase system's primary feature seems to be making it impossible for a lot of people to get equipment that people will be outright expected to have.
Captain
# 178
10-17-2012, 03:21 PM
Eh the borg shield is not as bad as people make it out to be IMHO.

Sure its low on the capacity and it does lack cool features like the +10% resistance but it does have two things going for it.

1) +5 power is +5 power. Thats a tiny bit of resist and regeneration.
2) Sick regeneration. Around 1k at high power levels with a Mk 11 that implies there will be a Mk 12.

Think about that for a minute. 1,000 shield regeneration every six seconds per facing.
Captain
# 179
10-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw51825 View Post
You're right i havent. I've fitted Maco and tested those

I dont believe there is that big a difference but if you want to give me numbers that's fine.

But the maco engines dont stack up to the borg to be honest and i don't see omega being that much different.

I'm going to wait and see what the fleet engines are since we're going to have them rather soon. But I'll be glad to be full fleet no matter what the set bonuses become.
Do to player build specs/traits your numbers may very, but here's what my tac has using the kdf vet ship at 109/100 engine power and rcs console:

MKXII Omega: 55.42 flight speed 36.3 turn

Aegis Engines: 54.40 flight speed 35.2 turn

Reman MKXI: 37.71 flight speed 34.1 turn

KHG MKXII: 36.03 flight speed 37.4 turn

I never bothered to get borg engines for this toon or I'd have done that, but they're in the same engine class as the Reman, Aegis and Omega are Hyper-Impulse Engines, and KHG is Combat engine class.

Hyper Impulse are much better for top speed.
Captain
# 180
10-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loganwilliams1 View Post
My main character is Klingon. I don't care about 3 borg + maco. The borg set, including console, is the only set that you can mix with other sets and get two bonuses. Why not leave it that way?
This is a change to appease whiny people who want their "beautiful and unique snowflake" builds to be more viable. The existing 4-piece Borg set was not "overpowered," nor did it become "overpowered" when you combined it with a high-level shield from another set.