Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,380
Troiya of Elas, a sequel to the original series episode "Elan of Troyius" is now published and available in the Live holodeck server.

It's an entry into Kirkfat's original series contest.
It's also my first real venture into creating foundry content which is what I will probably spend most of my time doing from here on out. It's addicting.

I learned a lot making this mission.
I still have a lot to learn, but I hope that people enjoy it.

It's story(dialogue) heavy, with some challenging and exciting combat near the end.

I hope to use some of the characters you meet in this episode in future missions.

So yeah

search for HippieJohn or Troiya of Elas in the User content.
Please leave comments with your ratings

Last edited by hippiejon; 10-17-2012 at 05:49 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,380
# 2
10-19-2012, 06:53 AM
Apparently the mission is only visable if you have clicked the "become reviewer" button.
as this is my first mission , I do not know when it becomes widely available.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,497
# 3
10-19-2012, 09:11 AM
Once you have 5 reviews it will be visible to everyone
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,380
# 4
10-20-2012, 07:03 AM
Been getting feedback that the final boss is too tough.
He's just a reskinned Klingon boss.
The kind you face often in the storyline.
Why are people having trouble with him ?

Oh well, I'll take the down ratings for providing an actual challenging combat I guess.
Do people just want missions they can walk all over ?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,975
# 5
10-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Been getting feedback that the final boss is too tough.
He's just a reskinned Klingon boss.
The kind you face often in the storyline.
Why are people having trouble with him ?

Oh well, I'll take the down ratings for providing an actual challenging combat I guess.
Do people just want missions they can walk all over ?
Stay tuned for this week's Primetime UGC. What type of boss is he? Have you played the mission in the regular game on your normal toon?

Testing the mob inside of the Foundry is incredibly unreliable. I would not recommend using a 3 level captain mob, if that's what you used.

Otherwise, you'll get tons of "too hard" and "too easy" reviews. In the end, you just can't test how difficult the mob will be for folks.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,380
# 6
10-20-2012, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Stay tuned for this week's Primetime UGC. What type of boss is he? Have you played the mission in the regular game on your normal toon?

Testing the mob inside of the Foundry is incredibly unreliable. I would not recommend using a 3 level captain mob, if that's what you used.

Otherwise, you'll get tons of "too hard" and "too easy" reviews. In the end, you just can't test how difficult the mob will be for folks.
I tested both in and out of the Foundry, and find the fight challenging but not "too hard".
In the foundry I simply reskinned a Dahar Master. So yeah a level 3 Captain mob, but the only one on the map.

Like I said. I'd rather have a challenging fight, than an easy walk all over the bad guy.

Thanks for the feedback , Kirkfat.
I will consider not using the Level 3 Captain mobs in the future, or spreading the mob out some.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 580
# 7
10-22-2012, 01:08 AM
Could use some more dialogue with the Dohlman. I was hoping for more Elasian tears and setting her straight.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,380
# 8
10-22-2012, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergaminggeek View Post
Could use some more dialogue with the Dohlman. I was hoping for more Elasian tears and setting her straight.
I wanted to get it ready quickly for Kirkfat's TOS Contest, so I only had a couple days to put it together. I am learning more and more about the Foundry every time I use it. This was my first time publishing anything ....

I do plan to go back and "remaster" this episode.
I want to include more dialogue on your ship with the Ambassador getting her ready for her mission.
I also want that last dialogue with her to take place in the Elasian Council chambers.
I am learning a lot of map creation at the moment.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:20 AM.