Super Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,235
# 31
10-18-2012, 06:44 AM
Ok, for all those people who think I'm a PWE shill, stand by...



Cryptic, you've got to be kidding...

A fishtank?

200K Dilithium for a fishtank?

Ok, I'm going to give a little bit of feedback here...

Let's just assume for the moment that 150 Dilithium equals 1 Zen, more or less. 1,333 Zen. Or, $13.

See, for a few bucks more, I can go out and buy a real fishtank. One I can actually visit for more than a few minutes at a time.

Assuming I want a fish tank in the first place. What exactly does a fishtank have to do with Star Trek?

See, a lot of us feel that 200K Dilithium is way out of line for what seems to us to be very minor cosmetic and non-functional enhancements. It's hard enough keeping up with the Dilithium drain of the Starbase projects that actually contribute to building our base.

If you want us to buy cosmetic enhancements, fine. Set sane prices, and maybe we can work things out. I figure a fishtank is worth about 250 Zen.

If you want us to cough up 200K Dilithium, those projects better be relevant to Star Trek and they better be major enhancements or minor functional upgrades.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 251
# 32
10-18-2012, 06:48 AM
That's actually pretty cool.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 234
# 33
10-18-2012, 06:55 AM
first off y a fishtank/ i guess cryptic doesnt want to design any holograms u can interact with or do much intereactin in general with the starbases till when most big fleets cant even do the fleet projects fast anymore do put those projects up
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 423
# 34
10-18-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Ok, for all those people who think I'm a PWE shill, stand by...



Cryptic, you've got to be kidding...

A fishtank?

200K Dilithium for a fishtank?

Ok, I'm going to give a little bit of feedback here...

Let's just assume for the moment that 150 Dilithium equals 1 Zen, more or less. 1,333 Zen. Or, $13.

See, for a few bucks more, I can go out and buy a real fishtank. One I can actually visit for more than a few minutes at a time.

Assuming I want a fish tank in the first place. What exactly does a fishtank have to do with Star Trek?
See, a lot of us feel that 200K Dilithium is way out of line for what seems to us to be very minor cosmetic and non-functional enhancements. It's hard enough keeping up with the Dilithium drain of the Starbase projects that actually contribute to building our base.

If you want us to buy cosmetic enhancements, fine. Set sane prices, and maybe we can work things out. I figure a fishtank is worth about 250 Zen.

If you want us to cough up 200K Dilithium, those projects better be relevant to Star Trek and they better be major enhancements or minor functional upgrades.
TNG

But yes, in all honesty there should be multiple projects like this AS SIDE PROJECTS which would cost much less than a huge upgrade project.
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 261
# 35
10-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Ok, for all those people who think I'm a PWE shill, stand by...



Cryptic, you've got to be kidding...

A fishtank?

200K Dilithium for a fishtank?

Ok, I'm going to give a little bit of feedback here...

Let's just assume for the moment that 150 Dilithium equals 1 Zen, more or less. 1,333 Zen. Or, $13.

See, for a few bucks more, I can go out and buy a real fishtank. One I can actually visit for more than a few minutes at a time.

Assuming I want a fish tank in the first place. What exactly does a fishtank have to do with Star Trek?

See, a lot of us feel that 200K Dilithium is way out of line for what seems to us to be very minor cosmetic and non-functional enhancements. It's hard enough keeping up with the Dilithium drain of the Starbase projects that actually contribute to building our base.

If you want us to buy cosmetic enhancements, fine. Set sane prices, and maybe we can work things out. I figure a fishtank is worth about 250 Zen.

If you want us to cough up 200K Dilithium, those projects better be relevant to Star Trek and they better be major enhancements or minor functional upgrades.
And the congregation said: "AMEN!"

Fleet Commander
Caprica's Revenge
(...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,424
# 36
10-18-2012, 11:57 PM
So where is the Blood Wine fountain? The Blood Wine structure looks more like a pool. Fountains are structures where a liquid is moving by either falling down to a pool, then pumped to the top of the fountain or utilizes jets to fire the liquid into the air. Pools are structures where a liquid doesn't move unless acted upon by some external force.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,977
# 37
10-19-2012, 01:03 AM
I loved both projects this time. the klingon bar looks awesome with all the animal heads, and the fish tank looks very stylish.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 873
# 38
10-20-2012, 07:08 PM
I've noticed that toasting to victory gives you a one hour buff to your ground damage... does anyone know what toasting to glory or honour do? Because I cant see anything D:
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,424
# 39
10-20-2012, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
I've noticed that toasting to victory gives you a one hour buff to your ground damage... does anyone know what toasting to glory or honour do? Because I cant see anything D:
Honor gives a resist buff. Glory gives a health regen buff.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,685
# 40
10-20-2012, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Honor gives a resist buff. Glory gives a health regen buff.
That's kool

We get a buffed up minnow

I'n a fishtank.
Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:07 AM.