Career Officer
# 1 new button?
10-10-2012, 04:03 PM
i was working on one of my missions fixing typo's and saw a new button that i've never seen before "submit to cryptic for featuring" did i miss something
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
10-10-2012, 04:59 PM
It is new, it was not in the patch notes and it only appears on published missions.

When you click it, it says:

Quote:
PLACEHOLDER EULA (Legal text makes lawyers happy

This will submit your project to Cryptic for featuring. By doing this you allow Cryptic to feature your project at any time. Once a project is featured, you will no longer be able to withdraw, delete, or edit the project. You can remove the submittal at any time if Cryptic has not yet featured it.
I would suggest that people be very careful about it until we actually hear something from Cryptic about it. To me that pop-up looks like its another half-baked feature that isn't ready yet that someone let into a live build by mistake.
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

Looking for a Foundry mission for your Romulan character? Look no further!
Career Officer
# 3
10-10-2012, 06:50 PM
okey dokey just makin sure it was new and not new old and be something i missed
Captain
# 4
10-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Once a project is featured, you will no longer be able to withdraw, delete, or edit the project.
I don't like that. What if we want to remaster it in the future?
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Career Officer
# 5
10-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Well, I'll never be hitting that button. Things break all the time in the Foundry. It sounds like this is some sort of different mechanism than the current featuring mechanic, where, as I understand it, authors don't lose control of their work.

Not to mention, I think that there's a chance getting featured would just get me a bunch of one star reviews. I'm afraid that channeling the average player into a 2 hour mission might end poorly.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Captain
# 6
10-11-2012, 08:30 AM
Will they fix it when it breaks? Probably not. I too would like some info on this. Right now, I'll assume that pressing it spams BranFlakes' email. nothing more.

But, losing the ability to fix my mission when Cryptic breaks it seems like just giving up on the mission in general.

I'm very intimidated by that button.
Career Officer
# 7
10-11-2012, 09:05 AM
well i for one dont trust it. i have never trusted buttons and i never will. i will never forgive the buttons for the death of my mission
Captain
# 8
10-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Looks like it's getting removed. That's what it says in the Oct 18 patch notes, anyway.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Captain
# 9
10-17-2012, 10:54 PM
I got this response while posing this question on Tribble Discussion; I didn't know it was on live until she mentioned it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
Nah, we're removing the button from both Tribble and Holodeck, because it's not hoooked up yet.
I asked a lot of these same questions in that thread and was willing to get any answer. So, the answer of "Dunno yet" was good enough for me at this juncture. Especially since they're taking the button off since it's not even implemented properly or hooked up.