Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 125
Ok up until now I've skipped the missions between the Romulan mission and the mission with the borg console (forget the name at the moment). I decided to play, hoping there might be a KDF twist...nope. This mission is 1 for 1 cut and pasted for KDF players. Seriously.. you'd have to do some serious mental backflips to square this circle:

1) The Dominion took over DS9....why would the Klingons care? I thought they were at war
with the Federation.

2) How would the Klingon empire convince the Federation to release the founder? Laughable
even if you are Federation because it's the equivalent of releasing Hitler for a single base.
As a Klingon this is even more laughable.

3) Why would a Klingon officer get involved in prison riot control at a Federation facility?


The cut and pasted, recycled content is annoying as is, but in this case it's beyond stupid. Would it kill you to write some content?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,267
# 2
10-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbrady View Post
1) The Dominion took over DS9....why would the Klingons care? I thought they were at war with the Federation.
Remember, Kar'ukan's forces think the Dominion War is still going on. They were at fighting the Klingons during that conflict. Therefore, the Klingons want to put an end the the occupation before the fighting escalates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbrady View Post
2) How would the Klingon empire convince the Federation to release the founder? Laughable even if you are Federation because it's the equivalent of releasing Hitler for a single base. As a Klingon this is even more laughable.
The Dominion is controlled by the Great Link, not the Female Changeling. She led the war as directed by the other Changelings in the Link. So releasing her is more akin to releasing an Admiral than a Hitler.

And again, it's not just DS9 they're concerned about. The rogue Dominion forces threaten both the Klingons and the Federation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbrady View Post
3) Why would a Klingon officer get involved in prison riot control at a Federation facility?
Probably because it was the only way to get out alive.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,652
# 3
10-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Probably because it was the only way to get out alive.
He's correct. From either side of the mission, the ENTIRE facility was on lockdown because of the escaped prisoners. No one would get out or in, until order was restored.

So, in order to actually return the Female Changling, they had to restore order to the Federation prison to get out. A minor swallowing of pride in comparsion to ending a threat to the Empire... which would you do?
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,129
# 4
10-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbrady View Post
Ok up until now I've skipped the missions between the Romulan mission and the mission with the borg console (forget the name at the moment). I decided to play, hoping there might be a KDF twist...nope. This mission is 1 for 1 cut and pasted for KDF players. Seriously.. you'd have to do some serious mental backflips to square this circle:

1) The Dominion took over DS9....why would the Klingons care? I thought they were at war
with the Federation.

2) How would the Klingon empire convince the Federation to release the founder? Laughable
even if you are Federation because it's the equivalent of releasing Hitler for a single base.
As a Klingon this is even more laughable.

3) Why would a Klingon officer get involved in prison riot control at a Federation facility?


The cut and pasted, recycled content is annoying as is, but in this case it's beyond stupid. Would it kill you to write some content?

I think your over exaggerating a little by calling one changeling Hitler. Those rogue Dominion could of cause a lot of havoc. The base yes it was a federation base but also had a decent Klingon presence. It was a staging area for the Federation/Klingon allied Borg offensive.

You have to figure there were Klingons on the station when it was captured, and I don't know about you...but as a Klingon I could imagine it would piss them off. Look at the beginning of the chain...they were in the middle of a meeting to decide what to do about the Borg.

Plus the Klingons always hated the Jem'Hadar...if I recall they always thought of them as Honorless machines...which is along the same thing they think about the Borg.

The riot...well the riot was kind of in the way...I mean you think all of those prisoners would just let them pass?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,015
# 5
10-14-2012, 03:14 PM
personally i do not have that much problems with this mission, but more with the klingon-federation war in general.

i mean it can make some sense if they would just call it a "cold war" or a dispute of somekind with small incursions from time to time. Like the DOOMSDAY mission for instance.

But this supposed full scale war is just not happening for me. You can still keep any major PVP or PVE fleet action against the klingon or federation...just give some sort of explanation that undine diguised as either KDF or FED launched a small offensive. Or a mad klingon general mobilized his house and attacked a Federation Starbase or fleetbase.

It is really time to burry the idea of this "fullscale war" between KDF and Starfleet, it never seemed to work out anyway.


ker'rat for instance could be a treasure hunt (borg tech) where FED and KDF race to get the most artifacts and they just play dirty.
Go pro or go home
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 125
# 6
10-14-2012, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
personally i do not have that much problems with this mission, but more with the klingon-federation war in general.

i mean it can make some sense if they would just call it a "cold war" or a dispute of somekind with small incursions from time to time. Like the DOOMSDAY mission for instance.

But this supposed full scale war is just not happening for me. You can still keep any major PVP or PVE fleet action against the klingon or federation...just give some sort of explanation that undine diguised as either KDF or FED launched a small offensive. Or a mad klingon general mobilized his house and attacked a Federation Starbase or fleetbase.

It is really time to burry the idea of this "fullscale war" between KDF and Starfleet, it never seemed to work out anyway.


ker'rat for instance could be a treasure hunt (borg tech) where FED and KDF race to get the most artifacts and they just play dirty.
Ok I see your point about the prison riot, but I was just watching DS9 so it's fresh in my mind. The changeling ordered the dominion forces to "wipe out the Cardassian people" No you're right, she's not Hitler because Hitler killed 6 million, this freak of nature was talking about killing at least 6 billion people. She makes Hitler look like a boy scout. The dominion war killed about 500 million people. She's a war criminal. She may have been an admiral as another poster said, but...that's no excuse. They the nazi officials defense of "I was just following orders" convincing either, so...yeah let her rot in prison.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 125
# 7
10-15-2012, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
personally i do not have that much problems with this mission, but more with the klingon-federation war in general.

i mean it can make some sense if they would just call it a "cold war" or a dispute of somekind with small incursions from time to time. Like the DOOMSDAY mission for instance.

But this supposed full scale war is just not happening for me. You can still keep any major PVP or PVE fleet action against the klingon or federation...just give some sort of explanation that undine diguised as either KDF or FED launched a small offensive. Or a mad klingon general mobilized his house and attacked a Federation Starbase or fleetbase.

It is really time to burry the idea of this "fullscale war" between KDF and Starfleet, it never seemed to work out anyway.


ker'rat for instance could be a treasure hunt (borg tech) where FED and KDF race to get the most artifacts and they just play dirty.

Ding ding ding!!! That's what I was thinking as well. I can see the Federation and the Klingon empire having a dispute, but the dispute giving in the game storyline is a little weak sauce, especially when arguing for open war. Besides I thought Gowron the coward was defeated and replace by Marok (can't spell his name). Seriously they fought a long war against the dominion, that has to count for something.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,129
# 8
10-15-2012, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbrady View Post
Ok I see your point about the prison riot, but I was just watching DS9 so it's fresh in my mind. The changeling ordered the dominion forces to "wipe out the Cardassian people" No you're right, she's not Hitler because Hitler killed 6 million, this freak of nature was talking about killing at least 6 billion people. She makes Hitler look like a boy scout. The dominion war killed about 500 million people. She's a war criminal. She may have been an admiral as another poster said, but...that's no excuse. They the nazi officials defense of "I was just following orders" convincing either, so...yeah let her rot in prison.

Wouldn't you be a little pissed if your allies turned on you in a crucial battle in the war which in the end cost you the war?

I know genocide isn't right in any way, but there is a little difference between being betrayed...completed stabbed in the back and simply killing people just because you don't like them and feel superior to them.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 373
# 9
10-15-2012, 12:16 PM
They were solids and tyherefore inconsequential to the overall BIG picture....
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,739
# 10
10-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbrady View Post
Ok I see your point about the prison riot, but I was just watching DS9 so it's fresh in my mind. The changeling ordered the dominion forces to "wipe out the Cardassian people" No you're right, she's not Hitler because Hitler killed 6 million, this freak of nature was talking about killing at least 6 billion people. She makes Hitler look like a boy scout. The dominion war killed about 500 million people. She's a war criminal. She may have been an admiral as another poster said, but...that's no excuse. They the nazi officials defense of "I was just following orders" convincing either, so...yeah let her rot in prison.
it's quiet simple. if you recall, during the dominion Wars the Jem'Hadar ships were much more powerful than what the Klingons/feds and romulans, the three major powers of the quadrant, had. Even after, according to eraun.... 30 (probably closer to 40) years? those Jem'Hadar ships would still be pretty potent as enemy ships, as ship tech has not improved in major leaps and bounds.


Given the choice. would you
A. Give up one prisoner.... or
B. Face the wrath of 2800 (hence the FE seriese name, the 2800) ships? considering the war with the Borg alone, lets not add in the fact that the True Way would join in on the dominions side making it even tougher to fight. a war with the "rogue" ships would most likely open the way for the Borg to finally assimilate everything in their path?
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:16 AM.