Career Officer
# 1 Embassy Provisions?
10-18-2012, 12:29 PM
I looked at the Replicator and noticed a new item available for 750 Fleet Credits: "Embassy Provisions." It's a Very Rare pack, it seems, and says these items are used in the construction of the Fleet Embassy.

Is this a bit of a bone thrown to effectively let us use Fleet Credits instead of EC or DOFFs (or maybe even Dilithium?) in constructing the Embassy later? Any details the Devs can share?
Career Officer
# 2
10-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Or is it a credit dump? I mean its not like oyull need to buy a whole lot of things with fleet credits.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 3
10-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Embassy Provisions will be used as an input for Embassy projects. The cost is reduced as you advance your Industrial Fabricator (Starbase sub-facility) up to higher tiers. You will only see them in your Replicator if you are a member of a fleet.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 4
10-18-2012, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Embassy Provisions will be used as an input for Embassy projects. The cost is reduced as you advance your Industrial Fabricator (Starbase sub-facility) up to higher tiers. You will only see them in your Replicator if you are a member of a fleet.
So the item itself is an input? Or you open it and get some input to donate?

EDIT: And will there be other ways to get these, or is it effectively a Fleet Credit sink?
Captain
# 5
10-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Look, what am I missing? The patch notes don't mention half of this stuff, and I'm completely baffled by the talk of some Omega set changes.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 6
10-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entnx01 View Post
So the item itself is an input? Or you open it and get some input to donate?

EDIT: And will there be other ways to get these, or is it effectively a Fleet Credit sink?
The item itself is an input.

It's less of a sink, and more of a progressive synergy. You build a Starbase so that you can build an Embassy. That sort of thing.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 7
10-18-2012, 02:02 PM
Quote:
The cost is reduced as you advance your Industrial Fabricator (Starbase sub-facility) up to higher tiers. You will only see them in your Replicator if you are a member of a fleet.
Wow, talk about sticking it to small fleets. "Sorry, you have to pay more because you're a Tier 1 starbase."

Not to mention forcing people to join fleets so they can enjoy the Embassy System.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 8
10-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Wow, talk about sticking it to small fleets. "Sorry, you have to pay more because you're a Tier 1 starbase."
The inputs required on the Embassy are balanced around a base cost. Small/Low-Tier fleets are not penalized, but Larger/High-Tier fleets get a discount below that base cost

Quote:
Not to mention forcing people to join fleets so they can enjoy the Embassy System.
The Embassy is a Fleet Holding. It always has been. If you're confusing this with the Reputation system, that is something completely separate. Embassy Provisions are not required in any way (nor are Fleet Credits) in the Reputation system.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 9
10-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
The inputs required on the Embassy are balanced around a base cost. Small/Low-Tier fleets are not penalized, but Larger/High-Tier fleets get a discount below that base cost.
No offense, but that doesn't sound any better. Small fleets having to pay more than large ones? Costs should be the same or evenly scaled, as not to discriminate.

Quote:

The Embassy is a Fleet Holding. It always has been. If you're confusing this with the Reputation system, that is something completely separate. Embassy Provisions are not required in any way (nor are Fleet Credits) in the Reputation system.
Can't confuse with the Reputation system since these systems really yet to be explained.

But still solo players should be allowed to enjoy some aspects of the system.
Career Officer
# 10
10-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
No offense, but that doesn't sound any better. Small fleets having to pay more than large ones? Costs should be the same or evenly scaled, as not to discriminate.
Isn't it discrimination also to level things off and tell bigger fleets "Oh, we know you've worked hard but you're still gonna have to pay full price for the Embassy Provisions"?

If they've worked on their Starbase, they should enjoy some benefits aside from unlocked purchasable gear.

Also, think real-world...you start a manufacturing company but don't have the ability to produce your own Widget A. So you buy a bunch of Widget A from another seller. Eventually, you make enough money and grow enough to make a form of Widget A on your own for a lot cheaper.

Then another, new, less advanced manufacturer needs Widget A. Should the original supplier of Widget A then offer this less advanced manufacturer Widget A at the same price as your cost to make your own version?

Last edited by entnx01; 10-18-2012 at 02:32 PM.