Starfleet Veteran
# 101
10-19-2012, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealcrinos View Post
Seriously? If this isn't some sort of mistake I am well and truly done with this game.
This is shameless, blatant, complete and utter money gouging bull....

Just list the Tier 5 Starbase on the Zen store for like 500000 zen and be done with it.

I am not grinding dilithium - to spend dilithium on DOFFs - to put them into the starbase - along with more dilithium - to upgrade the starbase - so I can buy things with dilithium.
That's right. Because upgrading with dilithium (and a ton of other things that cost time or dilithium) to buy things with dilithium is bad enough.
Captain
# 102
10-19-2012, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonazaki View Post
Dear Craptic, for once again demonstrating that there is no limit to how far you can ram the ridiculous PWE model up your players posteriors.

....................../??/)
....................,/?../
.................../..../
............./??/'...'/???`??
........../'/.../..../......./??\
........('(...?...?.... ?~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.??
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

That is all...
I completely agree with this post.
Captain
# 103
10-19-2012, 04:46 AM
've just re-done my math from last night, i was a littile off on some of my values, (i used the purple value for blus by accident and that multiplied my purple value as well). But the minimum dil value for the c-stoere doff packs is now 6K dilithium. This jumps to 31K if you get a purple. If you get above average results in more than 1 category. Well expect huge numbers. Still means that anything around a 100 dil per zen is likliy in faviour of the store due to other thinsg that come from tem.

I also just realised why they're doing this. Mini-packs are about 1 per 2 boxes from lockboxes. Even at the 4-6 mostly white doffs a time that means most people can get VASTLY more doffs from these than they can from c-store packs for their price. Add in what else the boxes give you and it's rather easy to stack up an effective cheaper solution.
Captain
# 104
10-19-2012, 04:51 AM
This also makes the doffs you get from starbases a lot worse. Considering we are getting a felt 90% Space and Ground warfare doffs, which basically can't be sold since there isn't a f#cking category on the exchange yet (almost 3 1/2 months after their introduction) and with the recent changes it isn't worth grinding them upwards or dismissing them anymore.
Ensign
# 105
10-19-2012, 04:52 AM
lame......
Captain
# 106
10-19-2012, 04:54 AM
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord
This alongside seemingly the loss of any dilithium reward from the STF's will not have a the positive impact on sales PWE expect to have... quite the opposite if the sentiments here from the most vocal of the people who use the dOff system avidly is expressed by the wider community of this game.
--------------

Is this true ? No more dilithium reward from STF missions
That's how I make my dilithium

If this is true I'm more upset about this than
The doff doodoo.........change
Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Career Officer
# 107
10-19-2012, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord
This alongside seemingly the loss of any dilithium reward from the STF's will not have a the positive impact on sales PWE expect to have... quite the opposite if the sentiments here from the most vocal of the people who use the dOff system avidly is expressed by the wider community of this game.
--------------

Is this true ? No more dilithium reward from STF missions
That's how I make my dilithium

If this is true I'm more upset about this than
The doff doodoo.........change
No one has confirmed it but on Tribble at the moment in the rewards tab there is no mention of Dili as a reward
Captain
# 108
10-19-2012, 05:16 AM
AFAIK whats changes is that you can no longer turn any rewards from them in for dilithium. Currentlly a lot of people are running elites and turning tech in for 2K dilithium a time. That bassiclly means they ear over 3K per run whee they get said loot, a Dozen runs a week and most people are set on Dilithium for the week. Bassiclly they don;t want us to hit cap without spending all our time in game.
Career Officer
# 109
10-19-2012, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
AFAIK whats changes is that you can no longer turn any rewards from them in for dilithium. Currentlly a lot of people are running elites and turning tech in for 2K dilithium a time. That bassiclly means they ear over 3K per run whee they get said loot, a Dozen runs a week and most people are set on Dilithium for the week. Bassiclly they don;t want us to hit cap without spending all our time in game.
Well they need to get a clue because people have families, jobs and cannot spend all our time in game.

As I said though Dili isn't even a reward listed for finishing an STF atm, and of course with conversion to marks we were always going to lose the turn in rewards.
Captain
# 110
10-19-2012, 05:29 AM
WHAT...

Thats insane, even if you do the contraband mission and the mining, and the 2 dailies, (explore and officer reports), you get a max of about 5.5K Dilithum. There's pretty much no other reliable ways of getting large amounts of it. NO ONE is going to be hitting the 8K caop fed side with this. (Klinks yes as they get all those lovely nebullae missions).