Lt. Commander
# 111
10-19-2012, 04:52 AM
I'm still a newb, but am trying to read and learn as much as I can.
And I simply have to comment this move.

1. Why is it maybe a result of Cryptic's greed?

Doff packs in zen store are not selling. Why are those packs not selling? Because it's yet another lottery. I don't know what's inside, I don't want a cat in the bag, so dear Cryptic, shove off with the lottery system already. Does it have to be integral part in every single aspect of the game? Since when a MMO is not about skill but about luck? No wonder ppl are tossing more money into F2P eSports games instead of buying stuff here. Ppl know what they are buying in those games.

2. Why it perhaps is not connected to Cryptic's greed?

I don't have alts. Ppl who have alts use those alts for what? Grinding two things - free doffs and excessive dilithium amounts. And then ppl with alts are superior to those who don't have time or nerves to mess with alts. How can that be stopped? One way is putting a dilithium cost on doff grinding, right?

3. Is a better solution possible?

Yes it is. First, remove the lottery and when I'm sure I'll get a security officer and not a refugee for example in Zen store, I'll buy the pack.
And second, introduce dilithium costs only on mailing/selling doffs, not on recruiting/exhange5for1.

Last edited by joxertm2; 10-19-2012 at 04:58 AM.
Ensign
This is one of the worst ideas PWE has developed so far. Do not do this, pretty pretty please!
Career Officer
# 113
10-19-2012, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
Well they need to get a clue because people have families, jobs and cannot spend all our time in game.
They do not care about that, they care about you spending time in game so they can increase their Lock Box revenue. They are testing what happens when you place a loved IP against RL demands.
Captain
# 114
10-19-2012, 06:10 AM
There has not been a dev out here defending or explaining the decision to do this, i have not seen one and considering the large amount of opposition to this it would be nice to know what has prompted it.
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Career Officer
# 115
10-19-2012, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verlaine11 View Post
There has not been a dev out here defending or explaining the decision to do this, i have not seen one and considering the large amount of opposition to this it would be nice to know what has prompted it.
There was a Dev comment on the Borg Set Nerf, I doubt however there will be one in here, as the set Nerf can be explained by tying to balance the game. This cannot be explained that way, it's a cash grab.
Commander
# 116
10-19-2012, 06:18 AM
Bad Cryptic, bad PWE, bad.

*beats them both about the snout with a rolled up newspaper drenched in pepper spray sauce*

Now redact these changes, and stop seeing how far you can take abusing the ability to manipulate people's dopamine levels before you get yourselves sued out of existence or drive your entire game into the ground.
Career Officer
# 117
10-19-2012, 06:29 AM
I would also like to put in my displeasure and opposition for this change. The dilithium costs are much too high for something risky like trying to get certain duty officers of a good or great quality.

Please don't implement this change. The in-game economy is at stake here.
@repo_man
Paid Subscriber Since August 2010
Lifetime Subscriber Since June 2012
The 2nd Fleet -- Second to None
Starfleet Veteran
# 118
10-19-2012, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
A better solution (which has been suggested in this thread) is to put a dilithium cost on the fleet doffs. I really don't know why it hasn't been done already as everything else does.

My two EC
No, they don't need to do this. You and that other guy go on about how there is no cost (doff printer I think was your phrase?) associated with the fleet doff vendor - except there is - fleet marks.

Don't look to solve the problem on the backs of one portion of the players. Tired of seeing short-sighted people proposing "solutions" that don't negatively effect their own gameplay while totally screwing over someone elses.

The solution is to not raise the cost on the upgrinder x50.
Career Officer
# 119
10-19-2012, 06:47 AM
I was feeling pretty excited about season 7 till I came into this thread and saw the changes that are currently active. Now I am wodnering if I am going to be seriously regretting buying the LTS and all the stuff from the z-store previously.
Career Officer
# 120
10-19-2012, 07:05 AM
What a horrible change, I was excited about S7 now I'm dreading it. It is likely going to be the final nail with these changes.

The doff recruitments are already severely time limited, only the largest fleets can use them to effectively supplement their Doff requirements.

All these stealth patch notes are making me feel like they know exactly how bad these changes are.