Commander
# 151
10-19-2012, 12:18 PM
The general doff for 1k is way to high needs to be 1/4 of that.

The upgrade Doffs assignments are atm just about free so if they want to add a higher price thats probably well in line but the common white upgrade needs to not be as high maybe set them to 1/2 values if they want us to keep using them at the current rates. Though if the conversion goes out at the current prices I dont think it will slow down people much just make them slightly grouchy.
Rihannsu
# 152
10-19-2012, 12:29 PM
250? is almost non-existent. -1k every 2-3 days isn't that steep a dil cost.....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 153
10-19-2012, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
250? is almost non-existent. -1k every 2-3 days isn't that steep a dil cost.....
Yes, actually, for most of us it is. I have other things to spend my dilithium on. 1k every 2-3 days is enough to get me to stop using the General Recruitment.
Ensign
# 154
10-19-2012, 12:44 PM
If they were releasing quality fun, reasonably bug free missions and story content on a regular basis, this might not be so bad, as thing stands now this is asking way too much.
Rihannsu
# 155
10-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirai222 View Post
Yes, actually, for most of us it is. I have other things to spend my dilithium on. 1k every 2-3 days is enough to get me to stop using the General Recruitment.
So.... going from 24k each 3 days to 23k is really a major problem for you?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 156
10-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
So.... going from 24k each 3 days to 23k is really a major problem for you?
Maybe you've missed the point entirely.

There are like 5 2-day recruitment missions, so thats like 5k right there, then there is the grinder cost to upscale which is gonna be hwo much Dili from 125 whites, 25 Greens, 5 Blues to get 1 Purple...?

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 10-19-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 157
10-19-2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post

There are like 5 2-day recruitment missions, so thats like 5k right there, then there is the grinder cost to upscale which is gonna be hwo much Dili from 125 whites, 25 Greens, 5 Blues to get 1 Purple...?
Yes,on another thread it's been confirmed that the recruitment missions were going bye-bye, to be replaced with Dillithium DOff packs. That just means you have to part with even more of your hard-earned Dilithium to buy something that used to be free. And then you have to spend even more Dilithium if you want to trade up for better DOffs. That's the rub right there: now paying for something that used to be free, and paying multiples more for something that used to cost a lot less. In addition to now having to shell out Dillithium for STF and Romulan gear, starbase projects, and everything else for which one uses Dilithium (Dilithium market, Dilithium Exchange, Ships, etc.).

That LTS fiasco didn't bother me too much, but this? Now I'm starting to see the value of my monthly stipend deprecate... as in, how much will I need to convert to Dilithium to get what I want, vs. what I'd like to get on the C-Store? Or am I gonna have to shill out another $10 / month to get my rewards, in addition to what I've already ponied up for the LTS? No wonder they've got a sale on them now, if the ultimate plan is to just gouge customer on Dilithium.

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.

Last edited by obsidiusrex; 10-19-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Career Officer
# 158
10-19-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidiusrex View Post
I heard on another thread that the recruitment missions were going bye-bye, to be replaced with Dillithium DOff packs. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

That just means you have to part with even more of your hard-earned Dilithium to buy something that used to be free. And then you have to spend even more Dilithium if you want to trade up for better DOffs.
Ah yes true, very true.
Starfleet Veteran
# 159
10-19-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Ah yes true, very true.
Yeah, I had to reread what you were saying to get it, so I edited my previous post to better explain the ire most of us are expressing here in this thread.

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.
Career Officer
# 160
10-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:

Add to this that alts further impact this equation. It takes time to grind all that dilithium which significantly limits the time available in-game to do something else. Right now it's a 5 min in and out and I enjoy the rest of my time playing the game. Now it will take me hours per toon to manage the very simple task of DOff assignments.

I don't know about others here, but I have a day job and a kid. It's a tight balance already between managing my game time and personal life. This type of increase in commitment may actually force me to quit playing, regardless of if I want to or not.
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor