Starfleet Veteran
# 341
10-23-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
ZING!!!!...... Ouch, did you feel that, yep that hurts
Wow. Now I know why my toon has been walking funny. Poor, poor toon.
Captain
# 342
10-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
let me say that besides me there are a few guys I know that provide lots more doffs to the exchange then I do every day.

Come launch of season 7 and we all stop - LOL

The exchange should get interesting!!
But don't worry I will be stocking up on 1000's of greens to sell you when season 7 hits
Career Officer
# 343
10-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
But don't worry I will be stocking up on 1000's of greens to sell you when season 7 hits
yes we get it you have a huge e-peen and aren't afraid to use it! we shall duly bow down to you master of the green doffs when Season 7: Dilithium Apocalypse hits :p
Captain
# 344
10-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
yes we get it you have a huge e-peen and aren't afraid to use it! we shall duly bow down to you master of the green doffs when Season 7: Dilithium Apocalypse hits :p
No need to bow - but I will take lots of EC though! - or contraband as I go through about $5 million worth of it per day.
Career Officer
# 345
10-23-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Keep in mind, I left out ground gear.
I'll be ok, all my 3 mains have incomplete space and ground Mk12 sets that just need that "last" piece lol

And all of them have Mk12 borg weapons on several ships in the dock....

Still a sting though, kinda glad I decided to only use one main now and relegate the rest to dilithium grind only.
Everything in this game is now centered around only having one toon. You would be mad to do the new rep system on more than one toon
Career Officer
# 346
10-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Quote:
No,

Put simply that is not the reason. There is a clear ideology running through this entire season update and that is to introduce dilithium sinks into every facet of the game.
Will they be introducing a Dilithium cost to the Officer Exchange DOFF missions? The grinder might be fast and convenient, but it seems awfully wasteful to me.
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.
Career Officer
# 347
10-23-2012, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikahiro View Post
Will they be introducing a Dilithium cost to the Officer Exchange DOFF missions? The grinder might be fast and convenient, but it seems awfully wasteful to me.
In what way wasteful?

considering the inefficiency of Officer Exchange and Asylum missions, it is a lot less wasteful especially with the most precious resource of all... time.
Career Officer
# 348
10-23-2012, 03:35 PM
Quote:
In what way wasteful?

considering the inefficiency of Officer Exchange and Asylum missions, it is a lot less wasteful especially with the most precious resource of all... time.
But you can fire and forget - I DOFF then log off for the night. Next day its all done. If I get 5 DOFFs from the General Recruitment, that's potentially 5 Greens or better. Now, going higher looks riskier for obvious reasons, but even then I don't lose a DOFF, I just try again later.

If you go for the departmental recruitments, that's 2 days of waiting, plus however long the cooldown is. So those DOFFs cost even more, time-wise, to obtain.

I guess that playstyle really does factor in here. Maybe I'm simply not nearly as efficient as obtaining DOFFs, but they're a limiting factor as well.

edit: I guess the key word was, and is, "seems."
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.

Last edited by chikahiro; 10-23-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Career Officer
# 349
10-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikahiro View Post
But you can fire and forget - I DOFF then log off for the night. Next day its all done. If I get 5 DOFFs from the General Recruitment, that's potentially 5 Greens or better. Now, going higher looks riskier for obvious reasons, but even then I don't lose a DOFF, I just try again later.

If you go for the departmental recruitments, that's 2 days of waiting, plus however long the cooldown is. So those DOFFs cost even more, time-wise, to obtain.

I guess that playstyle really does factor in here. Maybe I'm simply not nearly as efficient as obtaining DOFFs, but they're a limiting factor as well.
Personally I use a combination of assignments, recruitment at sfa and buying packs for EC and I still have just 1 char out of 3 with anything close to a full roster of blues and purples.
Captain
# 350
10-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Okay very late coming back to this, had a long evening after work sorry.

@markhawkman:

There are severla points besides the Dil cost i want to adress that you put up overnight.

1. Yuor estiame on the doff numbers is IMHo wildly over optomistic.

The 2 department specific can be run every 4 days, the non-specific every 3.

Departments give 2 apeice. Exchanges 1, General 4-6. I'd say in any 12 day period i don''t see more than 2, maybe 3 green's, only if the general recruitment packs give a relaly good run will you see more than 5-8 greens a month, somtimes less.

Without general recruitment the average is 36 doff's every 12 days. or 3 a day.

2. There aren't enough embassy missions to exchange all the doffs, and white doff's without any crit traits have very poor chances of giving back a blue or a purple, and can even give back a white. Thast bassiclly another doff that has to be put through them. Your very quicklly going to find that your recruiting them far faster than you can convert them. The grinders are essential for keeping up, and from a raw efficiancy PoV it is allmost certianlly better to convert to green for any without perfect traits before shoving them through.

3. Your still going to have a hell of a lot of blues, obvioslly blues can be quite good, (I've got a nea perfect blue trader on one ton i'd be very hesistant to trade away), but just as often you'll want to start trading them up. You've admited yourself the embassy's et al are terribble for this.

@L:evi3:

1. Before you make claims abot what a fleet can and can't do. Consider that actual fleet leaders who are the ones stating this is going to kill their progress know better than you ever will what it will do to them.

2. You didn't build your T3 in anything like a normal way. 99% of fleet memebrs will not even have 1 of those Doff assignemts you ground away at on 11 diffrent toons. They won't even be able to get FM's out of Doff'ing. They won't be making and selling MkXIII Purple consles at huge prices from doffing, or otherwise be doing any of the super grindy things you have to do to make huge amounts of EC. If they want Greens for the SB they get lucky drops or they run the grinders. Stick them in the situotion of having to eithier go grind the doff syste for several hours a day, or give up their rep system progreshion for SB progreshion most will instead go. "Hey, i'm not gonna bother with the SB at all".

3. Long experiance from other games tells me, once you get all the colonial's worked out and get your commndations upto getting FM's, and sort the embassies out the aqusition rate comes in pretty god, especially across several toons. But getting there is a long ardoues slog for littile reward. Given my avalibile playing time and the % of that it would take up to do in any resonable timeframe it's just not worth the effort unless i can get decent rewards out for doing them in the first place.

4. For you STO is a main game and your a grindy personality, (as somone who's like that in other games i recognise the type ), whats easy for you is going to be an unaccpetable reality for many many others who aren't grindy types or treat SO as a secondery game.

The fact is the current grinders are vital to how smaller and even medium sizedflets aquire their green and above doff's. They're also a vital speed up for the many in aquiring a doff roster that can give back rewards sutiobale to making the system worth using in a relitivlly quick manner.