Empire Veteran
# 361
10-24-2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
Either way I don't think we should compromise on this issue at all. Chances are they will just ignore us anyways.
Exactly. This isn't a game design issue, this is PWE fishing for ways to stick it to their customers.
Captain
# 362
10-24-2012, 09:26 AM
I just posted this in the second thread regarding this issue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Most of you guys really are clueless - look they added a dilth sink to suck up lots of dilth and force people to buy more zen to convert to dilth.

Now there are thousands of people with 10's if not hundreds of million in EC - some with more than a billion - now this way duty officer prices will skyrocket(they are becoming to low now) and it will suck up a lot of peoples EC - even those with just a few million - but hey there is a solution - yes you can buy ZEN to purchase things to sell like Keys

Brilliant!!

If any of you people think feedback here will change the planned changes you are really smoking some good stuff and should really share!!
Rihannsu
# 363
10-24-2012, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Brilliant!!
But is it, really?

Because in the long run you need to keep in mind that people are playing the game to have fun. And if more and more core gameplay content is going to require them to pay real money for or grind endlessly, then it's becoming a chore, not fun, and then you lose players. Both the ones that once were willing to pay real money for in-game currency, as well as the ones who were grinding all that dilithium to put it on the exchange.

I don't wish Cryptic anything bad, but I honestly would like players to finally show them that certain practices are unacceptable in terms of pure gameplay. A sudden drop in playerbase or customers willing to pay for certain items. Perhaps then Cryptic would consider keeping the balance between fun progressive gameplay and real life money.
Captain
# 364
10-24-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
But is it, really?

Because in the long run you need to keep in mind that people are playing the game to have fun. And if more and more core gameplay content is going to require them to pay real money for or grind endlessly, then it's becoming a chore, not fun, and then you lose players. Both the ones that once were willing to pay real money for in-game currency, as well as the ones who were grinding all that dilithium to put it on the exchange.

I don't wish Cryptic anything bad, but I honestly would like players to finally show them that certain practices are unacceptable in terms of pure gameplay. A sudden drop in playerbase or customers willing to pay for certain items. Perhaps then Cryptic would consider keeping the balance between fun progressive gameplay and real life money.
This is what I mean: the only thing that will change anything is people stopping playing/paying - nothing said here will.

For every 1 person here complaing there could be 100 out there that will bend over and pay - that is all that matters - if this stops - then and only then will you see changes that some are suggesting.
Captain
# 365
10-24-2012, 09:59 AM
If anything this will give rich people a chance to get even richer not the reversed.

This tax only hurts the poor

You have people who effectively spent a lot less on the purples they need and profited largely from it.

You will be competing with those people soon.. only you are paying more than they ever did

If they ever sold a single purple console, how many doff packs will you one able to farm prior to s7.
Half you sell half you put into the fleet because you already have everything.
And that's just the packs.

Whereas people coming into doff after elevated prices will have to pay excessive high prices and get locked out from ever getting to the useful ones.

It just builds a larger gap between rich and poor and if you are not in now good luck on the outside come season 7.
Captain
# 366
10-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
If anything this will give rich people a chance to get even richer not the reversed.

This tax only hurts the poor

You have people who effectively spent a lot less on the purples they need and profited largely from it.

You will be competing with those people soon.. only you are paying more than they ever did

If they ever sold a single purple console, how many doff packs will you one able to farm prior to s7.
Half you sell half you put into the fleet because you already have everything.
And that's just the packs.

Whereas people coming into doff after elevated prices will have to pay excessive high prices and get locked out from ever getting to the useful ones.

It just builds a larger gap between rich and poor and if you are not in now good luck on the outside come season 7.

your kidding right? Where do you think most of those greens on the exchange come from - doff packs? No the bulk come from me and several other guys like me who grind commons - you think that will continue after season 7?
Captain
# 367
10-24-2012, 10:15 AM
If we assume you personally is in charge of the full delivery of green doff for sto AND the fleet projects require all greens.

AND we assume there won't be a single green left when you stop putting them up what would that do to doff packs which usually drop 1 green ?
That would put them as the no. 1 item to get, more so if we assume the above.

/edit

... which the rich will profit from by exploiting
Captain
# 368
10-24-2012, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
If we assume you personally is in charge of the full delivery of green doff for sto AND the fleet projects require all greens.

AND we assume there won't be a single green left when you stop putting them up what would that do to doff packs which usually drop 1 green ?
That would put them as the no. 1 item to get, more so if we assume the above.

/edit

... which the rich will profit from by exploiting
I did not say just me - there are many like me who spend hours grinding - so yeah we profit from it? are you saying we shouldn't?

This is going to be worse than you expect because people like me will stop grinding the doffs.
Career Officer
# 369
10-24-2012, 10:28 AM
Perhaps we should stop bickering and focus on the fact that no matter what way it may affect us personally as players it is pretty much universally something no one wants.

How many views and pages does this thread have to be before it gets *any* acknowledgement even if it's no more than a "begone peons"
Captain
# 370
10-24-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
Perhaps we should stop bickering and focus on the fact that no matter what way it may affect us personally as players it is pretty much universally something no one wants.

How many views and pages does this thread have to be before it gets *any* acknowledgement even if it's no more than a "begone peons"
I think you got your "begone peons" answer by this thread and others going this far without response.