Captain
# 61
10-18-2012, 04:36 PM
Quote:
It's just the upgrind. Turning one DOff into three lower quality DOffs is still free.
And? Thats the only one that matters in reality, the amjority of doffs you get from ANY mass source are whites.
Career Officer
# 62
10-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
And? Thats the only one that matters in reality, the amjority of doffs you get from ANY mass source are whites.
I was just trying to clear up a possible misunderstanding.

I'm not a big upgrinder myself, but I have been using it fairly often. The new prices will just kill it for me.
Starfleet Veteran
# 63
10-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Oooh no. WTF is this!?

Cryptic, have you truly lost your minds? Are you trying to kill DOFFs entirely?

Remember what happened to Crafting when you got greedy? Yeah, well... Bang up job, guys, because you're doing it again.
Republic Veteran
# 64
10-18-2012, 05:38 PM
Echoing the sentiments herein. This upchange is a BAD call.
Lt. Commander
# 65
10-18-2012, 05:44 PM
Agreed Norman...the more i hear about this patch t he more i worry about 7.
Career Officer
# 66
10-18-2012, 06:00 PM
I honestly do not have the energy to continue re-butting these silly changes brought about by some poor decisions.

I suspect the changes made to the upgrades are related to the improper way Fleet DOFFs were implemented. The first issue we saw caused the stripping of the reward for dismissal and a temporary inability to use them in Fleet Projects. Now, we are still seeing the effects with people making massive up and downgrades rather cheaply.

If Cryptic would have taken the time and released the Fleet Doffs in a similar fashion as how Ferra and Stass work, we would not need all the additional changes. Developers could work on other pressing matters rather than plugging the holes of poor implementation.

Now, for the general recruitment. I think Revo is right and this is a push to get you to "buy" doff packs with zen or to buy more zen to convert to dilithium. So I have one question here. So Mr. Stahl, how does adding a pretty steep dilithium tax on this pretty necessary doff mission count as "increasing the amount of inputs" we can get for the fleet system? Also, how did this change sneak in? I don't remember reading about it.

Last edited by commodoreshrvk; 10-18-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Ensign
# 67
10-18-2012, 06:05 PM
What is the matter with you, Cryptic? 150,000 EC white doffs not expensive enough yet? Want them to be 500k each? How about greens, a million, million and a half?

I guess you don't want people participating in the doff system at all. Mandating participation through the fleet starbase system isn't going to make people use it, it's going to make people lose interest in everything.
Career Officer
# 68
10-18-2012, 06:12 PM
This alongside seemingly the loss of any dilithium reward from the STF's will not have a the positive impact on sales PWE expect to have... quite the opposite if the sentiments here from the most vocal of the people who use the dOff system avidly is expressed by the wider community of this game.
Captain
# 69
10-18-2012, 06:15 PM
I jus did a really scary bit of math. Assuming Doff packs awarded blue only, then the combination of 1 blue, 2 green is worth 30K Dil. Or to put it another way, as soon as dil to zen falls to 109 zen per dil or less your better off getting packs for your dil. With a purple in the place of the blue the price would have to exeed 290 Dl per zen.

In fact give the probability of a purple and the other stuff that comes from them the packs are better dil value at current 150-160 dil to zen prices than this would be for high level doffs.

That dosen't just make the upgrinders poor, it makes them pointless. They'd do better to remove them alltogether in that situation.
Empire Veteran
# 70
10-18-2012, 06:23 PM
The economy in this game surely will take a massive dive
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!