Captain
# 51
10-18-2012, 04:32 PM
Eh... on the plus side, it's been a couple of months since we've had one of these. I guess that's a good sign.

As for Pie..... I think I have one somewhere...
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 52
10-18-2012, 04:33 PM
The account server handles mail and mail started borking right before it went down... Since we basically use the mail as another free bank due to the disgusting amounts of items we can end up with and no where to store them.... imagine if we just ran it out of space.
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Career Officer
# 53
My dogs are very happy that I now have to play with them. Of course, they just ran outside to chase a squirrel or something...

Still trying to figure out that big yellow thing in the sky. Has NASA been advised? The FAA?
Lieutenant
# 54
They dont care about the bugs that exist, because they want to introduce new things that are gonna make them money,(example=temporal lock boxes) ton of bugs to be fixed and addressed but nope let the boxes go out instead to make tons of money instead.
Lieutenant
# 55
10-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoxm View Post
given the amount of hours i've been on, less than 5% have contained noticeable bugs, with the complexity and scale of the game, it's a testament to good programming.
My son only stole 5% of my money this week. That's a testament to good parenting.

Only 5% of the world died today as a result of a pandemic. That's a testament to good disease prevention.

Sorry to tell you, but 5% is actually a lot.
Ensign
# 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

We're performing unscheduled account server maintenance. Players who are in the game currently should be unaffected. Players who log out, switch characters, or are logged out currently will not be able to get back into STO until maintenance is complete. Please watch this thread for updates.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
how long will it be down
Career Officer
# 57
Well i was happily playing the game after having to wait forever for it to come back online, for it then to crash and now the account servers are broke, yet again.

Click the signature to enter a world of wonder!
Starfleet Veteran
# 58
10-18-2012, 04:36 PM
Wow, so many negative Nancies!! Relax, people. It's a game, not real life!!

Branflakes, any word as to what went wrong or was it initiated to correct the fish tank not going live?
Empire Veteran
# 59
10-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Good programming? STO?

Mwahahahaha... I've been playing this game since Beta, and it's by no means, a game with "good programming". In fact, they seemingly manage to introduce a ton of new bugs with every patch, and more often than not, they end up leaving the old bugs to go un-fixed.
Yeah, reminds me everytime a dev says oh yea thats been fixed... First place I go on my KDF toons is Empire defenses and then Erikson System. Pretty much neither of those two elements of the game has ever recieved a bug fix.

Edit: BTW?!? This isn't REAL LIFE?!?!?!?
Ensign
# 60
10-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Good programming? STO?

Mwahahahaha... I've been playing this game since Beta, and it's by no means, a game with "good programming". In fact, they seemingly manage to introduce a ton of new bugs with every patch, and more often than not, they end up leaving the old bugs to go un-fixed.
And yet here you are....enough said
Closed Thread