Ensign
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 8
# 71
10-18-2012, 03:41 PM
i think they are so angry because they play this game in a daily routine... like after work. and if its down, they dont know what to do. its like a hole in time xD ...thats my opinion, because i play this game that way :-D

and BTW... it would be nice if the forum could show the timezone. there are people like me who dont live in the usa o.O
Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 61
# 72
10-18-2012, 03:41 PM
I bet your right about the featured episodes..When the new content comes out the servers will crash most likely or lag so bad nobody can play because of the strain
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 32
# 73
10-18-2012, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsonfamily View Post
Earlier today I was not able to log in then I was able too now I am not able too! GRRRR. Cryptic Studios, what's going on?
Earlier today that was regularly scheduled server maintenance. Right now is something unplanned that the Devs are trying to fix post haste.
Captain Steven "Sarge" DePoe, Senior Captain, Aurcanis Star Operations; CO USS Leyte Gulf
Captain Marida Harper, Co-Director 5th Armored Division; CO USS Infinity
Captain Gurrat Reen, member MACO 7th Fleet, CO USS Milwaukee
Commander Korn, General, House MeQ'pu'yay 7th KAG
Career Officer
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 18
# 74
10-18-2012, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

We're performing unscheduled account server maintenance. Players who are in the game currently should be unaffected. Players who log out, switch characters, or are logged out currently will not be able to get back into STO until maintenance is complete. Please watch this thread for updates.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
I assume you are a Free player. Now imagine, if you are paying a subscription fee for a service, and that service goes offline for no specific reason. Wouldn't you be kinda mad about not having access to a service you're paying for? I'd imagine you would if it meant something like your Internet connection, or your [insert favorite subscription MMO here].

Sooooo happy I no longer pay for this game. Been 2.5 years of nothing but server malfunctions, account server problems and what not. The worst was whenever a new Feature Episode was launched, and the servers were unable to handle the strain of so many players logging in to play. I wonder if that might be the reason we no longer have Feature Episodes??? The SERVERS CAN'T HANDLE IT!!!
To further emphasize this message, here are my two credits. Imagine you just bought a car, and not a cheap car, imagine if you bought a REALLY nice car, like a new corvette or camaro.

Now imagine the second day you bought the car the dealership said i'm sorry you can't drive your car today and didn't give you a very specific reason, they just said no.

How would that make you feel as a customer?
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 49
# 75
10-18-2012, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Good programming? STO?

Mwahahahaha... I've been playing this game since Beta, and it's by no means, a game with "good programming". In fact, they seemingly manage to introduce a ton of new bugs with every patch, and more often than not, they end up leaving the old bugs to go un-fixed.
Tell me about it there are bugs that have been in game now for yrs ... And your right they are in no ways in a hurry to fix them ... 2 newest bugs is I cant heal my ship while in space even tho I have all 3 heals on hand .... And my favorite is when in a PVP and I die sometimes after respawn I cant see my own ship... But are they worried about the old or new bugs ... NO the only thing I see them worry about is what new ship and console they can put into the next lock box ...
Target locked Captain....Alpha loaded....5,4,3,2,1.... Target dead captain, locking on next target
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,700
# 76
10-18-2012, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchngc View Post
Is this going to fix the Launcher remembering the old Cryptic login instead of the PWE login?
There is no one to Liberate us from the Collective
Ensign
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6
# 77
10-18-2012, 03:43 PM
i've been programming for over 10 years, and i can tell you that hunting for one misplaced comma in a 10,000 line file is not easy. games that have had 6 years of development and 100 million dollars to work with and a team of hundreds do a far worse job. These guys do very well with what they have.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,700
# 78
10-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoxm View Post
i've been programming for over 10 years, and i can tell you that hunting for one misplaced comma in a 10,000 line file is not easy. games that have had 6 years of development and 100 million dollars to work with and a team of hundreds do a far worse job. These guys do very well with what they have.
Yeah I know but its just too much fun to give them a hard time about it Its a great motivator for them to make something better than they were originally going to make. LOL
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,123
# 79
10-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
I assume you are a Free player. Now imagine, if you are paying a subscription fee for a service, and that service goes offline for no specific reason. Wouldn't you be kinda mad about not having access to a service you're paying for? I'd imagine you would if it meant something like your Internet connection, or your [insert favorite subscription MMO here].

Sooooo happy I no longer pay for this game. Been 2.5 years of nothing but server malfunctions, account server problems and what not. The worst was whenever a new Feature Episode was launched, and the servers were unable to handle the strain of so many players logging in to play. I wonder if that might be the reason we no longer have Feature Episodes??? The SERVERS CAN'T HANDLE IT!!!



Indeed, here I am. As a FREE player. Not a chance in hell that i'd willingly put out any additional cash on this game. If it were still forced to pay subscription, I would've been gone looooong ago. What's your excuse for staying around?
And if you pay for anything and expect it to never break down ever, well buy me that car, phone, toy,TV, all these magical items you can buy without it ever breaking down.

It's been a long time since we had a surprise maintenance

and what's you excuse for spending your time on this game...i mean you could spend it somewhere else like inventing the unbreakable cell phone.


Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 44
# 80
10-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Good programming? STO?

Mwahahahaha... I've been playing this game since Beta, and it's by no means, a game with "good programming". In fact, they seemingly manage to introduce a ton of new bugs with every patch, and more often than not, they end up leaving the old bugs to go un-fixed.
Why don't you try coding something half as complex as STO! I'm a programming student in college. ****s hard, man, ****s hard.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:52 PM.