Survivor of Romulus
# 81
10-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by criss11 View Post
yesterday i was disconnected more than 5 times in 1 hour from server.Ppl were lagging since 2 days ago..
PWE bought Cryptic for 56 mil. USD from ATARI and saved them from bankruptcy (in the last 2 years ATARI lost over 25 mil USD with Cryptic games..) and i bet STO is still a Cryptic game not PWE.PWE collects their share but STO still have some server issues.When the game became free-to-play the server put us on waiting list on login and i remember the record login waiting number of mine was 1026 ...
When PWE will take attitude and change some things on Cryptic, perhaps some old servers... or change the expiring game engine ?
The servers are updated often, like every other game out there.
The game engine is better than many other games out there (look at TOR, LotRO and a few others) unless they're SP (some SP engines actually fail and must submit to Cryptic's engine).

i3-2100 3.10GHz
8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM CL9
ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
Career Officer
# 82
10-18-2012, 03:46 PM
Only thing they are in a hurry to fix is the C-Store stuff. Ninja quick to add stuff that you have to purchase, to heck with the rest of it. So this? Yea this is no surprise here. Off to TOR we go for the night
Career Officer
# 83
10-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Reading the arm-chair quarterbacks with their "black helicopter" stories is great. Almost makes not being able to log in enjoyable.
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Ensign
# 84
Well this makes my gaming decision for the evening easier. Doom 3 it is. Hope all those suckers who dropped 200 bucks on an LTS are enjoying themselves.
Starfleet Veteran
# 85
quotes are messed up.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Career Officer
# 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
The server is up, so it will remain green. We've added a notice to the launcher and the site, though.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
An ETA on the launcher would be nice. Thanks.
Career Officer
# 87
Wow, I haven't felt so sorry for someone nor laughed so hard at a post in a very long time. Thank you.

So lets start shall we.
Point by point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0lmustard View Post
Did you see them say that specifically? I didn't...
With regards to this being about helping us.
All day long, people have been experiencing an inability to get in the game.
The "cannot authenticate" problem.
So, because they haven't said specifically , we are bringing the server down to actually fix a problem that is affecting the player base, because all they said is "server down for emergency maintenance" it isn'y about helping us.
Fixing a bug that is keeping large numbers of players from enjoying the game isn't helping us ?
Okay.
Cartoon Logic at best, but you are entitled to your ... I'll call it an opinion to be nice.

Quote:
The only "very big problem" i have seen since I've been able to login again over the past couple weeks, is cryptic sold (out) to perfect world.
This has nothing to do with the fact that the latest patch introduced a problem that is causing many of the players of the game to be unable to log in. To bring up the tired "perfect world is evil" argument here is simply foolish and has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Quote:
For some people, this is the only game they play. Or can play. Perception is reality, and the reality is that this sucks.

I have 3 dogs that like to play frisbee actually. Since this has been down for the past FEW HOURS with no official update as to an ETA or any other type of consideration for the people who USE THE PRODUCT, the frisbee you speak of is completely torn up.
First, I feel INCREDIBLY bad for someone whose ONLY form of finding fun is playing STO. It's a very imperfect video game, that sometimes provides fun , distracting , pew pew entertainment.
You are right.
It sucks.
Oh well.
Toughen up, princess.

Sorry that you can't exist without an official update.
The server will be back eventually.
Once they get the MAJOR BUG fixed, so that the game that comes back is actually, you know, able to be accessed by the players.
I for one am happy to wait.

Quote:
You're just reaching now.
So watching a movie you enjoy with a bowl of popcorn isn't fun for you ?

Quote:
This made me lol.
So as examples of something fun. Having a talk with family or playing a favored board game with some friends make you laugh ?

I am actually beginning to feel pity.
Is anything besides Star Trek Online actually fun in your life ?

Quote:
Exactly what is it, that in this "pie" of yours?
Currently apples, some cinnamon, some sugar, a bunch of crust, thinking about adding some strawberries actually.

Quote:
Get a haircut, hippie!
I'm bald.

Seriously , the day that STO becomes something worthy of inciting anger or rage like feelings in me anymore , is the day that I uninstall the game because my priorities and understanding of fun will have obviously slipped all out of order.

Go have fun people !
Yeah , definately gonna add some strawberries to this pie.

Peace
Lieutenant
# 88
10-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
And people, please understand they are doing this to help us.
This maintenance needs to happen to fix a VERY big problem.
Don't RAGE at them for trying to help us.

Just a moment of take a deep breath, remember this is only a game.
We play it for fun.
Other things can be fun too.
Go outside and play frizbee with a friend, or your dog.
Make some popcorn and watch a movie.
Call your family just to say Hi.
Play Settlers of Catan with someone.

The server will return eventually, and we will all get to go pew pew the bad guys.
There will be another Tour the Galaxy.
There will be another STF.
The Sky ... is not falling.

Have a nice day.
Me, I'm gonna go bake a pie.
Yummmm ... Pie

Mmm... delicious pie.
Also, I agree.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
|User:| Sarek2165 |Join Date:| Feb. 2010

Akarian@Sarek2165
Starfleet Veteran
# 89
10-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3drag0n1977 View Post
Why don't you try coding something half as complex as STO! I'm a programming student in college. ****s hard, man, ****s hard.
Sounds like we need to leave programming to the machines now.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Lieutenant
# 90
10-18-2012, 03:49 PM
Hmmm i did programming for Symantec for 4 years and if a bug in there was allowed to be there that long there would alot of infected computers for starters...Imagine Symantec acting Like PWE..."We are sorry our product has malfunctioned but unfortunately we cannot help you Sorry" They would lose 90% of there customer base... PWE is doing just that most of the time with most of people's customer complaints or problems. Or my favorite" Sorry thats a known bug in the game so we cannot help you get you back your latinum. Please file a bug report instead. If you handle customers like this for too much longer PWE this game isnt gonna last. Look at all the complaints on your own forums PWE and fix the issues your customers are telling you about.
Closed Thread