Captain
# 31
10-19-2012, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
Aceton Assimilators' drain is broken. Against a ship with no skill points in Power Insulators, it drains 50% of what it says it will do. At 6 Power Insulators, it is resisted 100%.

The only thing you have to worry about those is someone firing energy weapons on a tactical buffed Assimilator.
So you're saying if you have 6 power insulators and you're in the middle of a field of aceton assimilators, it drains nothing? I find that hard to believe, but at this point anything is possible it seems. And where in its description does it say that aceton assimilators magically gobble up mines? Mines should counter assimilators, not the other way around. I wonder if this aspect of them is working as intended or if it's some strange bug that just happens to make mines useless against assimilator users.

Last edited by skurf; 10-19-2012 at 03:12 AM.
Career Officer
# 32
10-19-2012, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post
[...] And where in its description does it say that aceton assimilators magically gobble up mines. Mines should counter assimilators, not the other way around. I wonder if this aspect of them is working as intended or if it's some strange bug that just happens to make mines useless against assimilator users.
Well, acetone assimilators do a small amount of AoE damage over their lifetime, which is sufficient to work as "point defense" vs mines and heavy torps.
Captain
# 33
10-19-2012, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Well, acetone assimilators do a small amount of AoE damage over their lifetime, which is sufficient to work as "point defense" vs mines and heavy torps.
Well if that isn't just the most annoying thing ever. Only 1 weapon type in the game can kill them, and you have to waste a high yield volley on them to make sure they go down. It's like you have to carry every freakin' weapon and potential boff layout in the game if you actually want a chance at surviving. I'm sure this is old news to you vets, but man it seems like a lot of work just to be able to pew some peeps.

Last edited by skurf; 10-19-2012 at 03:19 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-19-2012, 03:16 AM
great

you ran like a chicken for the hills

faced the klingons in a shuttle and won a few times

defense point turret - tell evberyone on the team - "hey , put in a defense point turret"

if everyone had a defense point turret like the masked shuttle man then sextra ships get exploded and you donlt have to cray home to mama and can try to win

in a shuttle, with maybe one or two players not afraid to lose

its being seen losing that bothers most peolp[l -not losing

which is why the shuyttle man is king
Captain
# 35
10-19-2012, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treffell View Post
great

you ran like a chicken for the hills

faced the klingons in a shuttle and won a few times

defense point turret - tell evberyone on the team - "hey , put in a defense point turret"

if everyone had a defense point turret like the masked shuttle man then sextra ships get exploded and you donlt have to cray home to mama and can try to win

in a shuttle, with maybe one or two players not afraid to lose

its being seen losing that bothers most peolp[l -not losing

which is why the shuyttle man is king
u da man. mad props homie
Lt. Commander
# 36
10-19-2012, 03:27 AM
(lol)

thats what i'm talk'n

its like "oh boo hoo, siphboin drones and like 7 year old teammtes"

whereas the glorious shuttle man is like, "bring it"
Lt. Commander
# 37
10-19-2012, 03:36 AM
"How to Sink the Titanic"

which may be more fruitful or somethng and if not then at least an attempt at tactics that are not "run like a yellow belly and complain with words"

oh yeha, how to counter the siphon thing and klinks

one tactic is psychologivcal, type all kinds of stuff in zones, get them mad or somethng and have them focus everyitng on a fast ship , preferabley a shuttle

that lures away stuff

and never attavck, let thme attack, and run, run some more and head for rocks - you choose the ground

this is be superior to floating in a circle and exploding and then quitting after rays from floating apparati are hitting all over the place

the best makeup tream wise is someone with a brain and like a couple others in whatever ship
Lt. Commander
# 38
10-19-2012, 03:47 AM
- "Gas, Mines, Rocks" - Seneca - 453 AD

thats what he would have said iuf he knew english and played star trek online pvp
no beam no matter hpw strong can go through a giant floating space rock

the first wave of torpedo planes that attacked the jhapanese at midway all gots blown up

fortunatley the other pilots didn;t point their craft in the other direction and cry home to mama
Starfleet Veteran
# 39
10-19-2012, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
Nah, the Feddies just use their sci spam BS and subsystem targeting to disable and hold ships while bludgeoning them to death. They don't need energy draining.

I love it when Feddies complain about KDF drain abilities, but don't seem to see a problem with pre-made sci spamming teams that also toss in a few pay-to-win abilities (graviton pulse being one). I don't do either, tbh. The only P2W I use is Impulse Capacitance Cell (which can be overcome with sci spam or subnukes). Other than that, I just rely on decloak alphastrikes, skill, and a bit of luck.
wow troll posting much? my buddy muz has a sphion carrier build. sub target with energy sphion with aa and leach. dude are you nuts? all feds have in terms of lame consoles is ams. not counting crap from lock boxes. trust me klinks cry all the time because pvp takes so long for them to pop. thought they would learn by now its just not a fun game......
Captain
# 40
10-19-2012, 06:26 AM
First things first:

I have always been a strong supporter of using the skills availble to a player/team to the best degree, and win on it. Energy drains is just the newest trend, CPB+Tachyon before that. Then its just up to the opposing player/team to find some counter to it and take it from there. People who complain and whine about it, and do not adapt are called scrubs and deserves to be defeated, over and over.

BUT...

The second note.

Problem with the drain builds is that there are no viable hard counters to it. With the introduction of a new skill set that adds resistance to sci powers (which i find utterly ridiculous) this will only provide a soft passive mitigated counter, where the are no real active abilities to prevent getting annihilated. A good balanced game provides abilties to use and active abilities to counter it with. Unfortuantly there are none here. A second problem is that this build is a klingon only build causing pvp imbalance, and makes FvK pvp matches moot as the feds cant do **** to counter it. Another growing trend as ive seen and experienced is that certain Fed fleets (which i wont mention) is starting to adapt a mini version of the energy drain builds, and is rather encouarging people to use it then dettering.

The solution:

If you cant beat them, join them is the slogan for many. As mentioned before using an energy drain build to counter it could work but can you imagine how loooooooooong those matches will last when no one is capable of doing anything? Add them doffs to the picture and you can play for 1 hour and the score is still 0-0. Hardly fun and hardly a solution. A second solution will be to remove aceton assimilators, plasmonic leech and the energy siphon drones from the game completly , problem solved. It will restore balance to the game and FvK pvp will have meaning. A third possible solution as being enforced today is to sanction both feds and klinks using explicit energy drain builds to win.

Conculsion:

Cryptic, get your **** together and stop giving one side the advantage, cause you cant find a proper solution on how to fix klinks! What makes you think you can release romulans as a playable faction when you cant fix klinks who has been there from day 1?

Edit:

Restore the game back to 1.2! Everything got screwed past that.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!

Last edited by devorasx; 10-19-2012 at 06:31 AM.