Career Officer
# 41
10-19-2012, 07:14 AM
what i will say is pandas have met these builds and has beaten them, its about team deliverance and anti power builds.
Empire Veteran
# 42
10-19-2012, 07:17 AM
The KDF has the Carrier drain builds and the feds have the Carrier TB+BTsS lockdown builds.

The TB danube shuttles where tweaked when they where too OP and the Siphon drones, Aceton assimilator and even the Plasmonic leech have all been nerfed as well from when they where OP.

I don't see what all the whining is about.
The OP got beat by a team that was built to a purpose of a single game mechanic.
That is all. No OP, No exploitation, NO special "KDF" advantage.

Its like crying over being Focus Fired upon in PvP as being OP.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Lt. Commander
# 43
10-19-2012, 07:21 AM
Nadion inversion? Works for me.
Empire Veteran
# 44
10-19-2012, 07:23 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post

Would the game not be better if these 3 items were entirely removed from the game and the previous owners of them compensated in dilithium/zen?
No. If the KDF is to lose out on some items that the community finds to be too much, then the feds can lose the same amount as per the community finds to be too much, like danube TB shuttles or some such.
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 45
10-19-2012, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
wow troll posting much? my buddy muz has a sphion carrier build. sub target with energy sphion with aa and leach. dude are you nuts? all feds have in terms of lame consoles is ams. not counting crap from lock boxes. trust me klinks cry all the time because pvp takes so long for them to pop. thought they would learn by now its just not a fun game......
Nah, I'm just pointing out that a lot of Feddies like to whine about how 'OP' the KDF is without really taking a look at their own methods. I've personally experienced these sci-spam teams, and they are rather effective. Again, you have to have a competent and prolific cross-healing cruiser or sci-based ship around to really try combating it, because they throw around more disables and confuses than most ships can really counter (trying to carry just one copy of sci team along with 1-2 tactical teams is a pain in the butt). That kind of setup usually only happens with pre-mades.
Career Officer
# 46
10-19-2012, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the4monkeys View Post
what i will say is pandas have met these builds and has beaten them, its about team deliverance and anti power builds.
This is no solution in PuG-matches. But i can understand that players demand seperate PvP-queues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
... and the Siphon drones, Aceton assimilator and even the Plasmonic leech have all been nerfed as well from when they where OP.
Just to remind that siphon drones r totaly broken crap.

Quote:
But look at 1:48, powerlevels r down to 14/max. Im using shieldbattery - nothing happens:
1:48 shieldbattery

At 1:52 im using EPtS3 - still nothing happens.
1:52 EPtS3

At 2:33 im using uber EPS-Powertransfer - and nothing!
2:33 EPS-Powertransfer

At 2:09 i try to kill the syphons, using faw+ spread. but hey - not much happens.
shooting the siphons

full viedo
Empire Veteran
# 47
10-19-2012, 07:49 AM
Quote:
It's like you have to carry every freakin' weapon and potential boff layout in the game if you actually want a chance at surviving.
Exactly. The PvP game is designed for teamwork through build choices working to a team dynamic but sponsors solo play and when that teamwork dynamic is finally needed at the endgame, the weeks of solo play have spoiled the chance of any good teaming becuase everybody is only playing for themselves and one can't counter all builds by oneself.
Commander
# 48
10-19-2012, 07:52 AM
One word.

Repulse.

TRH has effectively countered the OP builds revolving around vampire carriers.

Challenge us.
Captain
# 49
10-19-2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the4monkeys View Post
What and who Pandas or TSI or whatever top notch fleet can beat is irelevant. The issue is that an average klink team can run energy drain builds and beat any fed fleet, (mayhap not the very best of the fed fleets) and that is alarming as it breaks pvp play.
What would be more beneficial and helpful to the pvp community is to provide information as to how and what to do when encountering this setup. That approach is more useful then saying that >insert fed/klink team here< can beat said energy drain build and not telling how. Its sounds so arrogant and so DoB like. And a repeat of DoB is the last this community needs.

And this goes for everyone.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Empire Veteran
# 50
10-19-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingscorpio78 View Post

Just to remind that siphon drones r totaly broken crap.
Right. Becuase you are suppossed to survive being focus fired upon by a Drain team and suffer little or no effect from having multiple drain powers on you from more than one foe (at least 4 by my count).

Thats like me being attacked by 4 feds and saying DPS is unfair becuase I died.

Last edited by bitemepwe; 10-19-2012 at 08:06 AM.