Captain
# 11
10-18-2012, 08:24 PM
I really hope the 'no dil from STFs' is just speculation. . .because that will really piss me (and others) off. That's, like, the only convenient source of dil grinding that I use right now. I don't tinker with doffs, and you'd have to do a lot of 'dailies' (which usually reward 480 dil) to reach the 8k cap without the 1k reward you get from Elite STFs.

Barely any dil from PvPing, and a nerf/removal of the dill from STFs will make me, as a player, very unhappy.
Career Officer
# 12
10-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Also, there appears to be an over supply of DL as the DL exchange would suggest, but only those at cryptic really know the real numbers. They may need to take steps to correct this, but I think they are swinging for the fence and should take more baby steps. Rather than making things more expensive... they should add more things worth spending DL on. They should add a high number of items rather than a neat or good item that is insanely expensive...
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Career Officer
# 13
10-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomeight View Post
Also, there appears to be an over supply of DL as the DL exchange would suggest, but only those at cryptic really know the real numbers. They may need to take steps to correct this, but I think they are swinging for the fence and should take more baby steps. Rather than making things more expensive... they should add more things worth spending DL on. They should add a high number of items rather than a neat or good item that is insanely expensive...
Unfortunately, it's much easier to create One Expensive Item, than Several Inexpensive Ones.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
10-18-2012, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
I really hope the 'no dil from STFs' is just speculation. . .because that will really piss me (and others) off. That's, like, the only convenient source of dil grinding that I use right now. I don't tinker with doffs, and you'd have to do a lot of 'dailies' (which usually reward 480 dil) to reach the 8k cap without the 1k reward you get from Elite STFs.

Barely any dil from PvPing, and a nerf/removal of the dill from STFs will make me, as a player, very unhappy.
barely any dil from PvPing? really?...I make MORE dil in an hour of pvping than i do running a set of stfs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
10-18-2012, 09:11 PM
I'm with Sekret with the news of what's currently happening on Tribble, with the growing emphasis on the more stuff costing Dilithium. It's bothering me so much that for the first time, I am actually thinking of leaving STO.

Perfect World has ruined STO with it's greed and it's blatent disregard for it's customers. They said when they bought STO that they would work with us and adjust to the Western market, they didn't. There is no freedom left and STO is nothing but a Theme Park game not an MMORPG.
Captain
# 16
10-18-2012, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
It's getting so that the only really FUN way to play the game now, is to keep creating new Alt's...

Then just dismiss them when ya hit level 50 and start another.

The leveling missions are still the best part of the game.
Have you turned 56 yet? Are you still going to chastise me for saying the game might not be around for your 60th?
Career Officer
# 17
10-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Well best I can tell the STF's not giving dilithium is rumor-mongering.

However, the Borg set is now just 3-pieces (Shield, Engine, Deflector), and the Assimilated Console has been added to another set. Presumably with one or two weapons like the lock box/lobi ones.
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
10-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodoreshrvk View Post
Well best I can tell the STF's not giving dilithium is rumor-mongering.

However, the Borg set is now just 3-pieces (Shield, Engine, Deflector), and the Assimilated Console has been added to another set. Presumably with one or two weapons like the lock box/lobi ones.
Thats exactly how it is...the borg console + the kinectic cutting beam and yet another plasma torp launcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 19
10-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Haven't you heard the new rumor? Apparently it's going to cost 10 dilthium a min to play!! Even if you are a LTS!!
Career Officer
# 20
10-18-2012, 09:29 PM
Please don't come in to troll. Add to the discussion or go away.