Rihannsu
# 21
10-18-2012, 10:33 PM
*applause*

Quite the amusing plight of digging out the negative of just about everything..

''Ohh we got free ships but they didn't stay available long enough, DAMN YOU CRYPTIC Y U SO GREEDY TO GIVE US FREE SHIPS?!?''

Honestly, how the hell could you have expected otherwise, they went F2P, that means the majority of subscription income disappears, they replace that with micro transaction (ergo, typical cash shop) income.
Captain
# 22
10-18-2012, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekritagent View Post
Please don't come in to troll. Add to the discussion or go away.
While my comment was just a joke - or trolling as you claim - it brings up the interesting idea that several Chinese MMO's charge players by the minute to play.
Career Officer
# 23
10-18-2012, 10:39 PM
Nobody begrudges PWE or Cryptic income from their F2P conversion, the point is they've gotten overly aggressive and it's now just excessive. It was barely tolerable in Season 5, something you could ignore easily enough in Season 6, and the hammer appears to be dropping in Season 7 and for the first time I'm at my limit.

If you are happy to keep at it, do you, but this is starting to be a "game" I don't care to play.
Shout out to the developers who are logging in and actually trying to communicate with us.

Last edited by sekritagent; 10-18-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodoreshrvk View Post
Well best I can tell the STF's not giving dilithium is rumor-mongering.

However, the Borg set is now just 3-pieces (Shield, Engine, Deflector), and the Assimilated Console has been added to another set. Presumably with one or two weapons like the lock box/lobi ones.
I am on Tribble at this moment. The filter for selecting PVE missions by reward DOES include dilithium as an option, but when I select for that, nothing comes up.
I think it's one of 2 things, 1) The filter is bugged, and needs work . 2 ) Dilthium reward will be time-gated for special events only.
Then again, it could be both.
Career Officer
That dilithium you get from doing STFs? Gone in S7

Want to grind and upgrade your doffs to a higher quality? Frak you, pay me. It will cost Dilithium now.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Guys, pipe in and show Cryptic ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ffs.
Rihannsu
# 26
10-18-2012, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvlar View Post
I am on Tribble at this moment. The filter for selecting PVE missions by reward DOES include dilithium as an option, but when I select for that, nothing comes up.
I think it's one of 2 things, 1) The filter is bugged, and needs work . 2 ) Dilthium reward will be time-gated for special events only.
Then again, it could be both.
IF Dilithium is removed from STF's, it makes them even less worth grinding, new system or not.
Captain
# 27
10-18-2012, 10:54 PM
I disagree completley with removing dilithium from STFs and am neutral in the duty officer thing, but where does it say they will do that?
Career Officer
# 28
10-18-2012, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplegamer View Post
Nailed it, OP. This sums up my problems with the game perfectly; I'm tired of being charged multiple times for the same thing. Items and ships should either cost time or money, but not both.
Agreed. Mods, go ahead and delete my thread.
Captain
# 29
10-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
Thats exactly how it is...the borg console + the kinectic cutting beam and yet another plasma torp launcher
Oow jeez, your kidding right ? They nerfed plasma torps into the toilet and even the garbage REMAN set dont buff em enough , and now they're going to add a second one ? I'm so glad I don't run torps on my main anymore.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Captain
# 30
10-18-2012, 11:03 PM
I created a whole thread just the other day about them removing the "console clicks" for the investigate officer daily mission for 1440 dilth - community Mod 'syberghost' agreed that this "was" going to happen. Then Branflakes came on and posted that this was false and that we should stop listening to zone chat - then he close the thread.