Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lieutenant
We still need one more moderator. Please PM me if you're willing to volunteer for this duty. Please be aware that as a moderator you are not permitted to participate as a PvPer, to maintain neutrality.

Important Note: the tournament has been delayed for one week due to Cryptic's new patch. Hopefully by that time all participants will be able to get a handle on the new mechanics.

In the meantime, I will be hosting a practice tournament this weekend (Saturday, 10/13). No prizes, unfortunately, but you can get some practice in against your opponents, and get some fun pew-pew as well.

Moderators
@Alecto has offered to moderate this event.

Voice Chat
PaxOttomana from Turkish RP Heroes has offered their international PVP Teamspeak for this event. Please visit internationalpvp.typefrag.com:62245 when the tournament starts and we can get you set up.

Fleets and Teams Currently Participating
This list will be periodically updated as fleets/teams are formed.

Guide: Bold indicates definite participation, italics indicates potential participation, underline indicates individual participation, and * (star) indicates team leader.

Turkish RP Heroes - The following will be participating from Turkish RP Heroes:
Jedi Master Yoda
Hank
Delta
Savannah
PaxOttomana
Chorkswald
Draco
Kaysee
Chansu
Strike

Show Me Your Critz - falloutx23 has indicated Critz will participate, now awaiting team member names.

Federation Emergency Services - guriphu has indicated FES may participate,
now awaiting team member names.

Lafamilia - The following will be participating from Lafamilia:
@ZackerySS
@hulkhogan.ita
@taninar
@dev1961
@SmeagolSneak (fish eater)
@captaincandyman1
@slamdunku
@powerbomb256

-X-treme - The following will be participating from -X-treme:
@nixtux *
@chaplin_charlie2011
@amidoinitright *
@spacepenguin121
@koopa27

Sad Pandas - The following are participating from Sad Pandas
@marctraider (MT)
@naz1911 (Naz)
@hurleybird (Jorf)
@bmr1580
@tick0 (Tick)
@USSEnterpiseZ (Bieber)

SVR - The following are participating from SVR
@hellspawny
@redricky
@havam

Date and Time of Tournament
Note: The host (me, Hunter@ProjectOctober) is in Eastern Standard Time, just for reference.
The tournament has been postponed to Saturday, October 20th due to the recent patch. Time is to be determined, but I'm leaning toward 1:00PM, Eastern Standard Time.

If you want to sign up, please fill out the following form and post it in reply to this thread, and I will add you to the list:

Team <name>: - this will be your team's name. This is just a formality, to make it easier on me , so that I don't have to refer to you as "Naz and Jorf and ...". If you are not a fleeted team that's OK, that's what the next part's for, but you still need a team name, like "Pax's Team".

Team Members: - List the @handles of the members that will form your team. Please indicate which member of the team will serve as the team's leader (for organizational purposes).

Pledges: - Please indicate any pledged amounts of EC (if any). This is not a requirement, but if any participant would like to pledge some EC to the prize money, please indicate here the @handle of that participant and the amount of EC pledged.

Time Zones & Dates: - Please indicate here the best dates and times that your team can play. If possible, list several, because I'm going to be using this to pin down a time to host this thing.

Rules of the Tournament
Ban List: The following Duty Officers and Consoles are banned as Tier 1. No captain participating in this tournament is permitted to carry any number of these.
- Subnucleonic Beam Duty Officer
- Siphon Drones
- Aceton Assimilator
- Graviton Pulse

Question: What happened to "Tier 1" and "Tier 2"?
Answer: Too confusing and difficult to enforce. I've reduced it to just a single list of banned items.

Time Limit: In the interest of keeping this tournament from being one 8 hour snorefest after another, I'm imposing a time limit on the matches. If a match goes beyond 45 minutes (this is subject to change, you guys tell me what you think is fair), the team with the highest score wins. If the teams are tied, then the match goes into sudden-death overtime (next kill wins).

NOTE: each participant gets a say in the tournament rules. I am not interested in dictating these rules; I believe for everyone to have fun, they should have a voice in what rules they will be fighting under. These rules are subject to change until 48 hours before the tournament, at which point they will not be changed further.

Last edited by ertihan; 10-19-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 2
10-04-2012, 06:44 PM
-X-treme

@amidoinitright or @nixtux for organization.

@nixtux
@chaplin_charlie2011
@amidoinitright
@spacepenguin121
@koopa27

Pledges: TBA

Times seem fairly flexible. The roster may change as RL comes first.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Going to add so notes for rules here instead of making a new post.

1: I'd agree with Jorf and Min regarding Grav pulse.
2: Teams should be limited to one carrier or one carrier producing NPCs. it is PVP, afterall, and not PvPvE. Not sure on the current change to NPCs and phaser proc rate, but regardless, a screen with massive NPCs overshadowing the opposing team isn't really fun.
3: Thoughts on tric mines?
4: Team batts/jevonite (sp)
-X-/Pandas - Pheo - Didn't watch your stream but was told about it by a little birdie. Since you want this public and all. Lulz. BTW we never wish death on any of you. And wanting a fight so you aren't pugstomping isn't a crime. kkthxbai Hai Pax, Priest, Neo.

Last edited by xtremenoob1; 10-06-2012 at 05:47 AM.
Career Officer
# 3
10-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Hmmm, I'd say that GPG is quite a bit worse than AMS or Leech, but that's just me.
Captain
# 4
10-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Hmmm, I'd say that GPG is quite a bit worse than AMS or Leech, but that's just me.
I'd be very much inclined to agree.

Also, you may as well add me to that list of Pandas who will be playing. In-game handle, @bmr1580
Rihannsu
# 5
10-04-2012, 11:58 PM
I'd be up with either a sci or eng, if anybody has a spot. Will sese if SVR has a team to field.
No class restrictions?
Cross faction OK?

@havam
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Career Officer
# 6
10-05-2012, 04:58 AM
Sounds awesome, I intend to play. Will see if anything resembling a team can be motivated.
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Lieutenant
# 7
10-05-2012, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
I'd be up with either a sci or eng, if anybody has a spot. Will sese if SVR has a team to field.
No class restrictions?
Cross faction OK?

@havam
Correct. No class restrictions, and cross-faction is perfectly fine. However, certain consoles and duty officers will be off-limits for the tournament (which ones, specifically, is still to be determined, but the ones hammered out so far are up on the page).

Glad to have you join us!
Captain
# 8
10-05-2012, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
No class restrictions?
Cross faction OK?

@havam
My Tac is in SVR and I'd be honored to take the field with or against the people already listed in this thread. I can bring any class, though I think my Eng is actually in Xtreme, but I haven't logged into him in forever. I'm on 9p-2a Eastern if that works for trying to practice.

Is there a time of day we're leaning towards yet for the actual tournament?

If I can't get with a real team then I'll just go into DS9 and post up in zone chat that I'm putting together a team for The Cure Normal and we'll join. Failing that I'll head to Drozana and say I need 4 people to team up to come to my bridge for RP.
Rihannsu
# 9
10-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
My Tac is in SVR and I'd be honored to take the field with or against the people already listed in this thread. I can bring any class, though I think my Eng is actually in Xtreme, but I haven't logged into him in forever. I'm on 9p-2a Eastern if that works for trying to practice.

Is there a time of day we're leaning towards yet for the actual tournament?

If I can't get with a real team then I'll just go into DS9 and post up in zone chat that I'm putting together a team for The Cure Normal and we'll join. Failing that I'll head to Drozana and say I need 4 people to team up to come to my bridge for RP.
sounds great, that makes us @hellspawny, @redricky, and @havam for SVR I'm optimistic that we'll get a proper team, i ll give peeps some more time before organising some practice runs.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
# 10
10-05-2012, 04:47 PM
1 pm Eastern works for me. I have to log by 4 pm to get kids to a costume party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremenoob1 View Post
3: Thoughts on tric mines?
If you land them on this crowd god bless you.