Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
In this day is their any viable niche for the old hegtha and brel bops? What are u rocking in that uni commander slot, and why?

Im still running my ancient kit, but i can still get kills with a little luck, and alot more skill than the enemy (usually jem ship nowadays)

do tell, if anyone still flies em
What do you bop and why
Empire Veteran
# 2
10-19-2012, 04:01 AM
My T4 heavy BoP still kicks the **** out of fleet ships, I fly it because it is awesome
Link to build here
Former Ausmonaut Turned Space Pirate
Captain
# 3
10-19-2012, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
My T4 heavy BoP still kicks the **** out of fleet ships, I fly it because it is awesome
Link to build here
Saw you in Kerrat, and I can state that indeed, your build is a fearsome build.
Ensign
# 4
10-19-2012, 04:27 AM
I still fly a B'rel retrofit with usually positive results. My commander slot is tactical with APO3, BO3, THY2, and TT1.

Basically I run a slightly modified version of Thisslers build but customized to my playstyle. While I would LOVE another tac console slot and would gladly pay for a fleet version of the B'rel retrofit with the EBC and another tac console and/or another universial lt. commander slot (Are you listening Cryptic?) I still do well with the B'rel as is. It's not always easy, but it's always fun.
-----------
A'jora
Career Officer
# 5
10-19-2012, 04:45 AM
I'm still in my hegh ta and using a cmdr tac, of all things.

Nearly unlocking the t3 fleet bop with shuttle hull and shields, and I intend to float between sci cmdr and eng cmdr when i'm in that.
I have a sneaking suspicion that the hegh'ta will be better... 16500 hull is just... BO I to a full facing teritory
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.

Last edited by dantrainor; 10-19-2012 at 04:51 AM.
Captain
# 6
10-19-2012, 05:43 AM
Against good players in z-store and up ships yes, w/certain b'rel ships being a situational acception.

Imo, even for Sci now the vet ship is better for most builds use the KDF Vet ship.

For tacs KDF Vet or Fleet Torkaht.

BoP/Brel not really good for Eng compared to Cruisers/Carriers.
Commander
# 7
10-19-2012, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoejoe View Post
In this day is their any viable niche for the old hegtha and brel bops? What are u rocking in that uni commander slot, and why?

Im still running my ancient kit, but i can still get kills with a little luck, and alot more skill than the enemy (usually jem ship nowadays)

do tell, if anyone still flies em
What do you bop and why
The Jem you fought yesterday is a veteran 1v1er (Draco). He rarely speaks, and has never been in a PvP fleet until now. He spars with Yoda on a regular basis, as well as myself. He's mostly low on the radar for these reasons.

Your bop is not obsolete, the bop is a very elegant ship. It's role is probably best executed by yourself and a few others. Mostly Kerrat dwellers from ISC and Devils Rejects have built some of the most interesting BoPs I've seen.

Although, a fleet variant will give you an extra console and some more HP, you know as well as I that the main defense on a BoP is the battle cloak. This does not change in the fleet version.

That very same pilot lost to ZackerySS the same day 5-3 in a 1v1. Everyone has a counter, everyone has a weak point.

I hope your confidence in your stuff isn't shaken up by one match.

Take care Minimax.

-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes.

Last edited by paxottoman; 10-19-2012 at 06:29 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
10-19-2012, 06:58 AM
Also, where a battle cloak really shines is in Open PvP, which is at present only Ker'rat. But we'll get more. Eventually.
Banned
# 9
10-19-2012, 07:06 AM
Mini the Modern Bop's best use is as a science deliverance engine. It's bee that way for a long long time.

The newer fleet bops are better in every way mind you. But if you're going to fly bop that's really it's best use, sadly.
Captain
# 10
10-19-2012, 07:14 AM
yo mini

i love my b'rel. although my klingon main tac is rocking the fleet vorcha right now, i have my b'rel in the hangar ready to go when i feel like a stroll though kerrat. its the perfect kerrat ship, but in the arenas it pops like a shuttle sometimes....so, i built her really engie heavy to keep up....check it out:

Qen Oy (tac) - IKS Soghloch Et

Disruptor DBB accx3
disruptor DHC accx3
2 x Quantum Torps accx2 crtD
2 disruptor turrets of "meh"

KHG shields, engine.
Borg def

Aux batteries, Subspace field modulator

1 x Neutronium, 1 x plas leech, 1 RCS
2 x shield gen, 1 x borg console
3 x Disruptor coil

3 purple torp cooldown doffs
2 purple evasive cooldown doffs

TT1, HY2, BO3, APO3
TT1, HY2, BO3
EPTS1, AUX2SIF1
EPTS1, RSP1

typical BOP mindset for piloting. all spike and agility with no silly sci frills. evasive every 25 seconds lines up with aux2sif a lot believe it or not, which hardens my hull along with the subspace field modulator (devidian missions i think?) for alternate hull hardening for battlecloak.

a BO3 and HY2 every 15 seconds. boom boom. extra torps flying out all the time. keep your distance once and a while and just fire off streams of HY quantums on the focus target of another ship.

epts up all the time..... RSP to get you another 6 seconds to hopefully get out and cloak if you've been smacked around by sci CC too much.

i like this build. been flying it for over a year. land the torps and the overload at the same time between your target's tac team cycle and watch them melt.

have fun kill bad guys

Last edited by thishorizon; 10-19-2012 at 08:08 AM.