Starfleet Veteran
Not sure if this goes here in the C-Store portion of the Forums or in the Art portion. I'll start it out here, and if it's in the wrong forum, feel free to move it, Mods.

Anyway, we all know the Bajoran Earrings - it's their trademark, basically. From what I've gathered from both watching TV and reading books, the earring is a sign of their belief in the Prophets - non-faithful don't wear them, and those who have been declared apostate by the Vedeks aren't allowed to wear it.

However, that raises a question: what about non-Bajorans (such as Humans, Vulcans, Klingons, etc.) who convert to the Bajoran Faith? If the Earring is that kind of a symbol, would they be granted the right to wear an Earring? I think so.

However, in STO, the types of Earrings that could be considered Bajoran are ONLY available for Bajoran characters and BOffs (at least as far as I know - haven't experimented enough with the Alien Character Options enough, but every other named race doesn't have those Earrings).

So, would it be possible to open up the Bajoran-Style Earrings to other Races, for the sake of RPers and Story-Driven players who want that aspect for a non-Bajoran? It could be done as a C-Store item if needed, so that Cryptic gains a bit of a profit.

I look forward to reading the discussion on this issue, as well as perhaps an official statement regarding this possibility.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"Close Air Support covereth a multitude of sins." - Maxim 4, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
Captain
# 2
01-27-2015, 01:31 AM
I have a full crew of Mirror Universe Bajorans On the KDF side.

You have to use the Alien Template, Humanoid Head Humanoid Ears.

That Being said I dont remember if you have to purchase the Deep Space Nine bundle or not. I bought it when I first started playing, so cant remember. Same with the Bajoran Militia Uniform. I looked in the z store to see and neither mentions the earings.

(In the earing drop menu the Bajoran ones are not listed as a purchase so you have that going for you.)

Good luck

May the Prophets guide you.

May the Prophets guide us in these cryptic times....
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
01-27-2015, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admrenlarreck View Post
I have a full crew of Mirror Universe Bajorans On the KDF side.

You have to use the Alien Template, Humanoid Head Humanoid Ears.

That Being said I dont remember if you have to purchase the Deep Space Nine bundle or not. I bought it when I first started playing, so cant remember. Same with the Bajoran Militia Uniform. I looked in the z store to see and neither mentions the earings.

(In the earing drop menu the Bajoran ones are not listed as a purchase so you have that going for you.)

Good luck

May the Prophets guide you.
Thanks for the advice.

To be honest, I have a Human character - a human who converted to the Bajoran Religion.

If you've read any of the Masterverse stories over in Ten Forward, specifically Faces in the Flames, you'd recognize her - her name is Tiana Lanstar.

Her wife, Sobaru, was Bajoran, and died in an early stage of the climactic battle in that stories. In-Universe, I have it so Tia wears an Earring designed just like Sobaru's, to honor her - however, I can't mirror that in-game with the restrictions I've already listed.

And I can't be the only one who has characters that are converts to the Bajoran religion - we need those Earrings in order for proper story immersion.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"Close Air Support covereth a multitude of sins." - Maxim 4, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries