Ensign
# 111
10-20-2012, 06:47 PM
I don't mind grinding for edcs, salvage or tech drops, I just wish that the items were account bound rather than character bound. I would have full MK XII sets on all 10 of my characters if this was the case.

"KILL EM ALL AND LET Q SORT EM OUT"`~ DANO
Lt. Commander
# 112
10-20-2012, 06:52 PM
Make the stores available from the start you are making us pay dilithium to rank up and earn the store. This is not nice because the items in the store cost dilithium so in theory we are actually paying more for gear that we can already by on Holodeck and grind STF's to get EDCs and Rare salvage to get the mk xi and mk x weapons, why is Season 7 better in all reality it is just saying guess what grind some more and spend a lot more to unlock the stores to buy the gear ( This is really just making everything more expensive in no way is this update any better than what we have.)

Captain
# 113
10-20-2012, 07:02 PM
is it just me or is tribble empty atm ? , been waiting for 58 min for a game of the minetrap ground map and still waiting . is this cause of the extra grind needed that players are unwilling to play on tribble ?
Career Officer
# 114
10-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usscapital View Post
is it just me or is tribble empty atm ? , been waiting for 58 min for a game of the minetrap ground map and still waiting . is this cause of the extra grind needed that players are unwilling to play on tribble ?
Well, I can only talk about our fleet, after all these delicious news and taking a personal look on tribble, half the active members have been starting to look for other games to play. our Teamspeak server was a very interesting place this evening and I doubt I can say here what was said about cryptic and perfect world without getting banned.

We will be taking a closer look on some of those games and decide in a few days our course of action.
Career Officer
# 115
10-20-2012, 08:13 PM
What the Dev Team should be doing is have the Omega Reputation complement the revised STF system, not redo it (again).

For instance, the new Omega Reptuation's Anti-Borg buffs work nicely along the STF system, but replacing the STF store does not. The more STFs you play, the more the system unlocks. So by the time you get the Medal of Honor, the entire store becomes fully available for you.

But the way it is now..........just going to antagonize the majority of the player base. So much, some of those new lifetimers very well might regret their decision and try to get their money back.

BTW Cryptic, why the need to redo the STFs?
Starfleet Veteran
# 116
10-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koltoroc View Post
Well, I can only talk about our fleet, after all these delicious news and taking a personal look on tribble, half the active members have been starting to look for other games to play. our Teamspeak server was a very interesting place this evening and I doubt I can say here what was said about cryptic and perfect world without getting banned.

We will be taking a closer look on some of those games and decide in a few days our course of action.
Cryptic wants Feedback? How is this for Feedback? I left WoW to play STO (couldn't afford 2 monthly subscriptions, and even after getting my LTS to STO didn't have time to play both). After last season and the resource black hole that is Starbases, and seeing that all that is being added next season is more resource black holes I decided to purchase Mists of Pandaria (for those who don't know, the newest expansion there) and rejoin my friends there that Cryptic/PWE have already driven away from STO and back to WoW. Personally, I would rather pay monthly for a game I actually enjoy playing than play a "game" for free that is more like work than fun. How is that for Feedback?

(No this isn't an "I Quit" post, as a LTS I will check in from time to time to convert my stipend into Dilithium and donate it to the fleet I'm in, and if things change (highly unlikely given the Cryptic/PWE track record recently) I may return to play again some day)

Looks like yet another Star Trek that won't be making it past 7 seasons...

Last edited by switchngc; 10-20-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Captain
# 117
10-20-2012, 09:10 PM
i expect tubleweed to be blowing around ds9 as soon as season 7 hits holodeck
Career Officer
# 118
10-20-2012, 10:15 PM
Hmmm... the rep system... On the face of it, I like that it gives me set objectives to get things. No more random chance, and I might be able to finish off the Omega Mk XII ground set I currently have 2/3rds of!

T1 costs seem fairly low, but at the same time, you expect us to use nonsense like Entertainment Provisions? They cost 1200EC each if you don't know the tricks and just use your replicator, unless you do DOff assignments, and why would I do DOff assignments (which can require these very provisions in the first place or latinum - which is such a non-currency I refuse to make any of it) when I've donated all of the relevant DOffs to the fleet star base to try and get that moving again as the fleet's apathy towards it has set in?

How am I going to generate enough EC to buy the provisions/hypos/regens/whatever in the first instance? I could sell the stuff I get as "rubbish" loot in my STF bag at the end on the Exchange... It's how I generate most of my EC. No, wait, I can't do that as I don't get it any more, it's only Omega Marks... I could vendor the rubbish I no longer need. Except, I've already had to do that to buy DOffs for the Fleet Starbase when the Academy DOff stuff didn't work out as I needed.

I could sell the stuff I get from playing the other missions, but they seem to be either batteries (which I have a surplus of and are required for some Fleet projects) or Lockboxes, which don't sell very well (until they're replaced by the new lockbox), or real rubbbish that no one buys anyway because their levelling gear will do just fine.

But the bonuses are nice. I just have to wait for over a day to be able to start a new project so I can sink more dilithium, that I don't really have as it is used for everything and is limited by how much I can refine per day, into it to spend dilithium on getting the rest of my set.

That was pretty much my train of thought as I set up my first Omega Rep project...

Hmmm... Really Cryptic? I play to have fun, and this whole thing removes quite a lot of the fun aspect.

Yes, there's an initial excitment at doing something new and interesting, but when you realise that essentially you're doing your own version of a Starbase, it just settles into a routine of mind-numbing boredom.

Tim

P.S. I know, I forgot 'Tour The Universe' as a way to generate EC, but given the current load-in times for ESD and the random 'Server not responding' messages, I've given up on that as anything meaningful.

Edit: I realise this is a post of doom and gloom, but it's just me being negative. The costs are fairly affordable, provided you stock up on EC/provisions/whatever on Holodeck before Season 7 goes live. They're certainly a lot more affordable than the Fleet Projects, which I predict will grind to a halt until folk have maxed their rep (a view echoed by more than one in my fleet during a fleet senior officers meeting we had earlier). After all, whilst we're a sociable bunch of people, we want to win the missions, and if I can do my own thing and be a better asset to my fleet, why wouldn't I do that first before contributing to the fleet projects?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
-Sela now has a cape.
-She'll be starring in a 3-part miniseries on the Elements Network (Entertainment for Romulan Women) called "How Sela Got Her Cape Back". It's a feel-good story about women's empowerment and the importance of a good wardrobe for military leaders.

Last edited by tmichc; 10-20-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Lieutenant
# 119
10-20-2012, 10:33 PM
Finally got a chance to look at the reputation system on tribble.

From a KDF perspective the Romulan system seems in conflict with the Path to 2409 back story. The empire was seizing territory 20 years ago: (2388)

Quote:
The Klingon Empire takes advantage of the confusion with lightning strikes into Romulan space. The empire takes control of the Tranome Sar and Nequencia systems in a matter of days, and is poised to strike deeper into Romulan territory. The Klingons temporarily halt their advance when Starfleet sends a fleet to protect the Romulan/Klingon border, but tensions remain high and there are reports of minor skirmishes between Federation and Klingon starships.
The campaign to conquer Romulan space is not the only military conflict the Klingon Empire is engaged in during 2389.
and a few years later, 2393 the romulan position was ....
Quote:
Tebok swayed a portion of the RCOC with his argument that far-flung areas of the Empire, particularly the areas near Klingon space, could and should be sacrificed in the short-term to strengthen the position of what are now the Romulan core worlds,but Taris countered that it was the duty of the Romulan fleet to keep fighting for every world.
There might be more back story to this, so perhaps others can add to it.

From the KDF side, and the romulan episode story arc (from what I can remember), the KDF might be much more inclined to work with the Remans then Romulans as a way for further weaken a fractured enemy.

Tribble text for the 'personal' reputation system says......
Quote:
Assist the colonization and restoration projects on the new homeworld of the Romulan Star Empire.
Fleet Embassy missions:
Quote:
Send necessary supplies and aid to local star systems as a show of diplomacy.
Recruit track talks of possible romulan DOFFs for KDF captains?
Quote:
Romulan Duty Officer Recruitment Contact
Diplomacy track talks of romulan ship reinforcements to defend KDF starbases?

This is an affront to the empire and does not fit in with with KDF portion of the Path to 2409 backstory at all.

The Martok made the definitive statement of the Empire's view of the Romulan Star Empire in 2388

Quote:
The Klingons will offer no treaty, no aid, and no hand that is not holding a blade

In the coming weeks, I would strongly expect to see backstory to fit S7 in with the STO history as KDF players know it. The current S7 offerings seem like they work for the federation much more then the empire.

As I see it, the empire would at best do nothing to help the romulans. At worst we would trying to thwart the them. Perhaps we would be supplying Remans against the new romulan empire.

Thoughts?

Last edited by qutoth; 10-20-2012 at 11:29 PM. Reason: typo/grammer issues
Lieutenant
# 120
10-20-2012, 10:55 PM
Reflected on this a bit more while reading path 2409 backstory.....

As the federation/klingon war progresses, the romulan story could be a good proxy war add-on to the main war.

While the federation supports the romulans. The KDF decides to support the Remans. Both the federation and klingons are getting worn-down by the war. So they wage it with proxy nations (Romulans-Remans). The corollary being the US-Russian cold war. Us war in Vietnam or the Russian war in Afghanistan. This allows the fed-kling front to cool down a bit while supplies are funneled to proxy nations.

IMO every season should be story driven. this is just one possible take on S7......

edit: Looking at the S7 rewards for fleet/reputation looks like there are a sprinkling of duplicate romulan/remain rewards already. Split those into romulan for federation, and reman for KDF and it would just take a bit more work to have full duplicate romulan/reman rewards for both factions.

In a later season, if the romulan/reman factions would even be playable in game. The romulans could be federation faction and remans the KDF faction. Their civil war becomes an extension of the Fed/Klingon war. This could also be an interesting way to introduce territorial holdings into STO without fully implementing it for fed/klingon factions, so as to work out and refine the system before deciding to expend it. (just a bit of free thinking)

Last edited by qutoth; 10-20-2012 at 11:12 PM.