Career Officer
# 121
10-20-2012, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qutoth View Post
Finally got a chance to look at the reputation system on tribble.

/snip

In the coming weeks, I would strongly expect to see backstory to fit S7 in with the STO history as KDF players know it. The current S7 offerings seem like they work for the federation much more then the empire.

As I see it, the empire would be at best do nothing to help the romulans. At worst we would trying to thwart the them. Perhaps we would be supplying Remans against the new romulan empire.

Thoughts?
I would have to agree with you there. It would be nice to have a contra-system where we're helping the Remans instead, to destabilise the Romulans. Hopefully they will explain the sudden about-face performed by the Klingon Empire... Maybe something about using diplomatic means to destroy the Empire from within? That would be interesting, and provide something nicely different for the Empire, especially as J'mpok got into power as Chancellor based on his hardline anti-Romulan stance (as well as stabbing Martok).

But then, isn't everything after the 'Alpha' pretty much a complete 'copy & paste' from the Fed-side, despite the fact that some of it makes no sense? Why would this be anything less?

Tim

P.S. I am massively cynical about the whole of Season 7. Maybe it's just the additional dilithium costs to pretty much *everything* that makes the game fun. And as I've stated elsewhere, life's too short for me to continuously grind dilithium.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
-Sela now has a cape.
-She'll be starring in a 3-part miniseries on the Elements Network (Entertainment for Romulan Women) called "How Sela Got Her Cape Back". It's a feel-good story about women's empowerment and the importance of a good wardrobe for military leaders.
Ensign
# 122
10-20-2012, 09:55 PM
BOTTOM LINE-- Perfect World calls it ZEN because they desire to be ONE with YOUR money

"KILL EM ALL AND LET Q SORT EM OUT"`~ DANO
Starfleet Veteran
# 123
10-20-2012, 10:06 PM
From what I have seen so far the population in these STFs is abysmal.

I hope it's just Tribble that's the graveyard and not Season 7 content.

I can't afford to wait an hour in the que.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Captain
# 124
10-20-2012, 10:30 PM
when season 6 hit tribble it was fairly full and nothing like what is on tribble with season 7 , i just hope things change soon because if devs stay on this path sto will not reach season 8
Ensign
# 125
10-20-2012, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martakurill View Post
You know, there is one thing that could be done to make A LOT of people less unhappy about this.

How about giving some reputation tiers to those of us old timers who have the different MACO accolades, like UFP Medal of Honor, the Silver Star, etc...this way we feel like the time we've already put in is really worth something?

I don't think this is an unreasonable request, and I'm not asking to start at Tier 5. But I know it would make me feel like Cryptic really does value the time I spend with their game.
consent

i want buy LTS, but now forget it, my subs. is expired and i pay no cent more to the Game!! and I have spent a lot!
I have 4 Toons with all Mk XII sets Space and Ground, all Accolades and i play over 4000 stfs and when i not start with Omega Tier 5 Reputation i leave this S... Game kidding another

Last edited by arwed1; 10-21-2012 at 12:51 AM.
Captain
# 126
10-20-2012, 11:28 PM
So, Borticus has said that they wont be awarding any reputation to anyone who has either partial or full sets of the STF gear because; "they already have their reward" and "it would be double dipping."

Thanks for the kick in the face Borticus... thats a supremely boneheaded decision. I have 2/3rds of each Mk XII MACO set... and now I have to play for (potentially) several more months to complete them... oh... and I need to save up dilithium because each Mk XII piece is going to cost 36,000 and 5 elite marks? Bull... I should get some reputation tiers for what Ive already put in to get that far in either set.
Lt. Commander
# 127
10-21-2012, 01:39 AM
Guys the current math says that Reputation and Marks are not an issue.

The total reputation is 40000.

Projects that add +2000 reputation costs 19 Marks.

That is 20projects total that require 380 marks.

You get 60 marks for an ESTF.

That is 7 ESTF.

So: S7 goes live. You play 7 ESTS that day and that's it. You are done for forever! Now you wait 40days to convert all Marks into reputation and buy everything with dilithium. The end. Sounds weird? Yes, it does.
Career Officer
# 128
10-21-2012, 02:35 AM
Instead of dil why not use latinum ...
Career Officer
# 129
10-21-2012, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allocater View Post

That is 7 ESTF.

So: S7 goes live. You play 7 ESTS that day and that's it. You are done for forever! Now you wait 40days to convert all Marks into reputation and buy everything with dilithium. The end. Sounds weird? Yes, it does.
You're not accounting of the increase of project costs with higher Tiers. So what you project is going to be a lot more complicated than you make it out to be.

Simple or not, what Cryptic is doing is WRONG! Suddenly charging us massive ammounts of Dilithium out of the blue, then the DOFF Factor, and complete disregard of players who worked literally for 11 months and still trying to get those Elite Sets. And so far, 99% of people in-game and on the forum, and even the podcasts, these decisions are extremely unpopular. If Cryptic goes ahead as is, people will leave.

Last edited by azurianstar; 10-21-2012 at 02:49 AM.
Captain
# 130
10-21-2012, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allocater View Post

That is 7 ESTF.

that's only the tier 1 projects if it's like the starbase when you hit the tier 2 projects the amount of reputation you get will go down but the amount you have to put in will go up