Career Officer
# 131
10-21-2012, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
From what I have seen so far the population in these STFs is abysmal.

I hope it's just Tribble that's the graveyard and not Season 7 content.

I can't afford to wait an hour in the que.
I don't speak for everyone on tribble, but peeps do not want to test stf's if they have already done hundreds on holodeck

I will test the rep system when the devs open up the solo story missions that award marks for it.
Also waiting for the conversion to take place to see how much we get screwed over....

Borticus said that it will cost 3000 Omega Marks and 100.000 Dilithium for 1 Omega/Maco/KHG Mk12 space or ground set.

That is 50 Elite stf's for ONE set, yeah the new system is'nt looking like it will be worth my time....

Last edited by darkenzedd; 10-21-2012 at 03:24 AM.
Rihannsu
# 132
10-21-2012, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
I don't speak for everyone on tribble, but peeps do not want to test stf's if they have already done hundreds on holodeck

I will test the rep system when the devs open up the solo story missions that award marks for it.
Also waiting for the conversion to take place to see how much we get screwed over....

Borticus said that it will cost 3000 Omega Marks and 100.000 Dilithium for 1 Omega/Maco/KHG Mk12 space or ground set.

That is 50 Elite stf's for ONE set, yeah the new system is'nt looking like it will be worth my time....
Compared to the old way where you may not get it after 500? I'm cool with the changes.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 133
10-21-2012, 04:45 AM
Make it an accountwide system and not one were every character has to do it.
Commander
# 134
10-21-2012, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Breen Set can easily be earned solo.

KHG (and its Adapted MACO counterpart) takes a full team concerted effort, as you have to have achieved at least two pieces of a set which requires Elite STF runs to earn.

The Breen and Jemhadar sets were not intended to be considered "end-game" sets. They are intended to be more of a step between typical Mk X-XI gear, and STF equipment.
From this we can extrapolate that the KDF are getting a Maco-like shield, probably the power level effect, and that the T4-5 reputation projects will require Prototype Tech-like drops to complete.

I must say I'm impressed how you guys have managed to take something that was already a grind and made it 10x more grinding. Its incredible.
Career Officer
# 135
10-21-2012, 05:19 AM
I do believe devs do suffer from "0" problem. U need to take one "0" out of each amount required to progress towards new tier/assignment. This is a joke.
Rihannsu
# 136
10-21-2012, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rybaksix View Post
I do believe devs do suffer from "0" problem. U need to take one "0" out of each amount required to progress towards new tier/assignment. This is a joke.
I looked at the amounts on tribble, they're pitifully cheap for tier 1 assignments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgern View Post
Make it an accountwide system and not one were every character has to do it.
you've got to be kidding..... If it was done that way I could have all my chars work together and clear tier 1 in 2 days. boring..... and kinda unfair to peeps who don't have as many chars.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Empire Veteran
# 137
10-21-2012, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Compared to the old way where you may not get it after 500? I'm cool with the changes.
I've fully stuffed most of my chars (ie space and ground) with less than 50 STFs... So that's definitely not a cool change for lucky people!
Career Officer
# 138
10-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post

Except for all the people who have already done 500+,may now have to start again from zero.

I'm really not holding my breath for the conversion rates.

Career Officer
# 139
10-21-2012, 07:05 PM
Good systems are often spoiled by bad rollouts. This is the kind of thing where the PR team should really get involved and take point. It's a small team overall but I think it's a mistake to put producers and designers on PR detail as much as Cryptic does, anymore than the typical aircraft engineer should be the one who goes before congress to ask for defense contractor funding.

Being smart or a good writer doesn't make somebody the ideal salesperson. Nor does releasing stuff to Tribble before we've had an explanation for what we're testing or why the changes have happened. We spend a week having to guess and in that time, most of our interaction winds up being with "straight shooter" style communicators. Being the frontlines doesn't make them happy (I think) nor does it make us happy either.

It's like making Worf the counselor. I have a feeling his response would be Klingon versions of "walk it off." (It'd be a funny episode, come to think of it, if Worf had been assigned to deal with Barclay's phobias.)
Lieutenant
# 140
10-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
It's like making Worf the counselor. I have a feeling his response would be Klingon versions of "walk it off." (It'd be a funny episode, come to think of it, if Worf had been assigned to deal with Barclay's phobias.)
Mister Barclay, you will endure!