Career Officer
# 161
10-22-2012, 09:21 AM
So is anyone else noticing that the Normal ITH gives no Omega marks?

Also Defera missions and Red Alerts aren't giving Omega marks either.
Captain
# 162
10-22-2012, 09:24 AM
not been turned on yet. the bog and undine story missions do not give marks yet either
Rihannsu
# 163
10-22-2012, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgern View Post
Look like the only think Cryptic is doing Grind System, Grind Missions and nothing else were are the prommised Story Missions.
It's an MMO. grind is part of life....

Wait for it.... Season 7 isn't done yet.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 164
10-22-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post

Grind may be a part of (most) MMOs, but it doesn't need to be.

As for Season 7... Well, it ain't done yet, but if released using similar systems and values to what we are currently seeing on Tribble, Season 7 will be the end of STO. In a way, I guess that follows traditional Trek on TV, which never lasted more than 7 seasons.
Commander
# 165
10-22-2012, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post

That's a meaningless argument. I play both LOTRO and the soon to close CoH and have never felt the need to "grind" anything, although you certainly can if you choose to.

In LOTRO, I level traits, reputation, legendary weapons, etc., through normal gameplay (i.e., running quests and storyline missions). I never go out on the landscape and kill mobs just to gain kill traits and such. I don't have to. It might take a little longer to level up said traits, but it doesn't hurt my character any.

In CoH, I never felt the need to grind anything, ever.

Both LOTRO and CoH have a wealth of storyline content. LOTRO adds new quests and storylines several times a year, both in new and existing regions.

Do I expect some mindless, hamster wheel grind in an MMO? Yes -- but only some. If it is the focal point of the game, then the game ceases to be worth my time and money. I play games for action, immersion, and entertainment, not as a second job.
Career Officer
# 166
10-22-2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadnax View Post
That's a meaningless argument. I play both LOTRO and the soon to close CoH and have never felt the need to "grind" anything, although you certainly can if you choose to.

In LOTRO, I level traits, reputation, legendary weapons, etc., through normal gameplay (i.e., running quests and storyline missions). I never go out on the landscape and kill mobs just to gain kill traits and such. I don't have to. It might take a little longer to level up said traits, but it doesn't hurt my character any.

Both LOTRO and CoH have a wealth of storyline content. LOTRO adds new quests and storylines several times a year, both in new and existing regions.

Do I expect some mindless, hamster wheel grind in an MMO? Yes -- but only some. If it is the focal point of the game, then the game ceases to be worth my time and money. I play games for action, immersion, and entertainment, not as a second job.

Agreed.

Some posters just want to apologize for everything, rampantly spamming every thread available to say how wonderful it is.

Cryptic continues to just add new systems, new ships and new stuff to buy but with no really engaging content to use any of that stuff in.

We're getting a new Reputation system for STFs but only 1 new STF!

I'm hoping that the Romulan content will at least be enjoyable and not the story-less, big empty room shooting galleries that the Fleet Events are.

Career Officer
# 167
10-22-2012, 10:30 AM
And we can't even use our ships in it.
T6 Miranda and T6 Oberth FTW!
Captain
# 168
10-22-2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadnax View Post

Grind exists in CoH. Want to get the best powers in City of Heroes, then you need to do countless incarnate raids to craft the best powers. If you are doing F2P, then that grind doesn't exist.
Commander
# 169
10-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Grind exists in CoH. Want to get the best powers in City of Heroes, then you need to do countless incarnate raids to craft the best powers. If you are doing F2P, then that grind doesn't exist.
I didn't say it didn't exist, just that it's not necessary. A lot of CoH players including myself have never touched incarnate content and felt no need to.

That's the point. Having grind is okay *as one optional playstyle component*. But if the bulk of the game becomes heavy grind, it ceases to be a game. It ceases to be fun.
Commander
# 170
10-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
I'm hoping that the Romulan content will at least be enjoyable and not the story-less, big empty room shooting galleries that the Fleet Events are.
This. More immersive content is what I'm hoping for.

Reputation systems and such are okay for side games. I like how LOTRO gives rep for doing quests for each faction, but these are mostly encapsulated by storylines, not just dailies. Can you gain more rep doing some daily or landscape hunting? Sure, but it's not required.

Now if the Romulan content works like that, it will be nice.