Captain
# 201
10-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marctraiderz View Post
My feedback? Again crap, no PvP, more grind.

Oh wait, you need to grind in order to get the highest gear right? Dang.
Ahh, but no grind, no PvP.

read all 20 pages as well as S7 blogs and haven't found anything redeeming in S7. I've ground STF's like crazy past couple months saving for STF set for PvP play- S7 should kill my savings instantly, I've got enough EDC's for complete Mk11 set but S7 set changes make the set I've been saving for useless to me now, as well may have to respec to use any of the 'new' sets. Have ground Fleet marks to buy fleet ship for PvP, cryptic STILL hasn't addressed KDF discount rate for T5 upgraded ships- So no PvP ship. Also have been waiting for SB unlock of space weapon provisioning- appears S7 may nerf that too.

Looks like PvP in STO won't be happening for me, and with my monthly sub expiring soon I just don't feel a need to renew, much less play.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Captain
# 202
10-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
It really is quite great except for the fact that it resets people's progress and doesn't recognize that progress at all.

And as a trend in Cryptic planning, it's part of a serious problem they have. Whenever they reheat leftovers, they take your old plate away.

It's like saying, "Man. I have the best wife in the world. Except for all those times when I woke up with waving a knife in front of my face. What was that about? Oh, well. It's in the past."
I think Cryptic should take characters STF runs into account towards Omega Fleet Reputation progress. They have already done the grind. IF Cryptic really wants to make it user friendly. Offer player a one-time choice or being granted the reputation progress.
Ensign
# 203
10-23-2012, 08:35 PM
Completely agree. In this game in particular the KDF shouldn't have so much that is identical to the Federation in behavior. They are still warriors; the storyline should still be about conflict. "Execute for incompetence" is a great example and the only reason why I play a KDF character instead of sticking with Federation ones; different perspectives. I don't see different perspectives except in Foundry Missions like The Computer's Daughter/The Computer's Son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qutoth View Post
Finally got a chance to look at the reputation system on tribble.

From a KDF perspective the Romulan system seems in conflict with the Path to 2409 back story. The empire was seizing territory 20 years ago: (2388)....

Thoughts?
Captain
# 204
10-24-2012, 08:44 AM
I do think it'd be a good idea for some retrospective STF rewards. Say if you have all Mk XII MACO and Omega, space and ground sets you should get 30 elite omega marks (enough to but 6 set pieces) and enough omega marks to get you to tier 2.

Cryptic will never reward us fully for our past achievements in STFs, not only because of the new rewards but because once we do reach T5, which won't take that long, we'll be able to get full sets with little trouble.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai
Lieutenant
# 205
10-24-2012, 09:19 AM
I actually enjoy the reputation system. Only a couple of things I think needs to be changed:

1.) Cooldowns: Now I understand the need for them but 1d 16h??? That just seems really too long. Maybe 20hrs or even 1d would be better.

2.) Cost at higher tiers: I don't mind the materials we have to give for leveling but please don't make it astronomical at the end. I would say just keep it how it is for Tier 0-1.

3.) Keep item costs down in Romulan and Borg store: I really don't want to pay 32,000 dilithium for a MK XII item, especially if I have to spend around 50,000 in basically TAX to open it.

Overall a great system. Can't wait to see it polished.
Lt. Commander
# 206
10-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Ok I really like the Romulan reputation, but some of the requirements for the projects need to be lowered. For example the Requisition Scorpion Hanger (uncommon) doff requirement for 30 Engineer or Operations doffs needs to be lowered to maybe 15. 30 doffs is a lot and it is only a green quality items your common STO player only has 100 doffs the limit without buying more. Just saying the amount should be lowered to be more in line of with casual players; which I believe was the intent of the Reputations system.

Career Officer
# 207
10-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsmith View Post
Ok I really like the Romulan reputation, but some of the requirements for the projects need to be lowered. For example the Requisition Scorpion Hanger (uncommon) doff requirement for 30 Engineer or Operations doffs needs to be lowered to maybe 15. 30 doffs is a lot and it is only a green quality items your common STO player only has 100 doffs the limit without buying more. Just saying the amount should be lowered to be more in line of with casual players; which I believe was the intent of the Reputations system.
WTF?? Seriously? 30 Doffs? The cheapest you can buy a common Doff for on the Exchange is about 18000 EC - so we're talking 540,000 ECs (at current rates - they're gonna explode when S7 goes live) - for one project??
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Captain
# 208
10-25-2012, 04:01 PM
really?

that's a bit excessive. and by a bit i mean completely excessive
Career Officer
# 209
10-25-2012, 07:09 PM
the prices for the items themselves looks kinda strong, perhaps a small decrease in the price would be cool cause you be needing just under 1000 marks to get a full set or so.
Captain
# 210
10-25-2012, 11:54 PM
I don't see nor have I heard anything fun
Or immersive about this new system

However your ( cryptic ) is ramming this new
System down our throats while Nerfing our current system which
Which Is a lot more fun than this system

My advice is as follows

Add the new missions content with current
Rewards

Scrap this horrible idea and use the Delete key