Empire Veteran
# 241
10-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
Ohh you mean even less fun than they allready are with their insane one shots and other nonsense...

Anything that aliviates ground difficulty will make me want to play it more. Right now it's a pure clusterf****.
Current ground STFs are a walk in the park. I've not been one shot ina while, at least not since i learnt how to play them. And my fleet and I always get the optionals, except if we have a new member in our instance.
Captain
# 242
10-30-2012, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
I think the rep system is far too fast and the costs too low, especially the dilithium. Maybe instead of increasing the amounts across the board (except for dilithium, please keep those costs as high as possible) add more necessary inputs, like bridge officers and Mark XII blue and purple equipments.

People need to work hard for these rewards, and I'm just seeing more instant gratification here.
I couldn't disagree more, it takes 59.5 days to get through the reputation system if you run projects back to back. Every reward costs a significant amount of dilithium or EC resources. As you level up a tier, the inputs become more expensive. Players already have to work very hard to advance tiers in this system, it costs around 120K EC in other resources to kick one tier II project off, plus the marks and dilithium. And to propose the addition of blue/purple Mk XII gear in the cost? Where would the average player get this gear to turn in for the project, blue/purple Mk XII gear is already in the millions on the exchange due to rarity.
Captain
# 243
10-30-2012, 03:01 PM
yeah right wehatever , i'll belie that the same way i'll belive in santa clause. there are too many ground enemies that if they crit are an automatic one shot gg no re. ou are not getting that lucky in a month of sunday's.
Empire Veteran
# 244
10-30-2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
yeah right wehatever , i'll belie that the same way i'll belive in santa clause. there are too many ground enemies that if they crit are an automatic one shot gg no re. ou are not getting that lucky in a month of sunday's.
If you've properly chosen your skills and get decent (ie blue Mk X or above) anti plasma shields and armor, you CAN'T get OS. That's not possible, unluss you generate an insane amount of threat, which is very unlikely unless you are a very skilled tac player.
Starfleet Veteran
# 245
10-30-2012, 04:20 PM

PvP sucks even more than before due to new system. Trophies are ignored. I ask the Devs not to kill Starbases and drops so they can remove appeal of the game to all but the highest of limit Visa based players.

1. Keep gear independent related to each particular style of playing (ground vs space)
2. Remove dilithium requirements altogether for gear
3. Keep dilithium flowing and do not add more competition for it and kill fleet projects
4. Add some new featured episodes and content
5. Fix the trophy missions

PvP is dead and if we dont do these things PvE goes away also.

And Cryptic will follow "City of Heroes" into the realm of failure.
Captain
# 246
10-30-2012, 04:29 PM
Quote:
If you've properly chosen your skills and get decent (ie blue Mk X or above) anti plasma shields and armor, you CAN'T get OS. That's not possible, unluss you generate an insane amount of threat, which is very unlikely unless you are a very skilled tac player.
Mate even with all that, (or more specificlly the STF MkXI sheilds)m, on normal there are a wide range of things that will come within a hair of one shotting you even if you have decent points in the relevant ground skills. Elite ramps the damage up. I don;t care if you've got the best possibble sheilds and armur out there and perfect maxed ground skills. A crit from some of those WILL OHKO you. It cna't not given the degree of damage increase vs the degree, (or lack of), scaling in sheild capability. You just can't get enough raw HP's that an Elite Tactcal or Armek can't crit you for more than you have. He cna allready strip a sheild and 90% of your health on normal, Elite Tac's aren't quite so hard hitting but a crit is still 75% of total effective HP gone.
Career Officer
# 247
10-30-2012, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
With a team of 5 tacs it can be insane. It can be permanently activated.
As far as I know, Tactical Initiative does not stack. TI reduces a power to X% of its standard recharge time; it does not subtract from the current cooldown. Example: I've got 6 Ranks in whatever skill boosts TI; most people don't go that high. My TI reduces Ambush to 15s Cooldown. If somebody else uses a weaker TI and pushes my Ambush to 20s, if I use my TI, it pushes the cooldown to 15s (that its, it doesn't reduce it to X% of 20s or set the CD to 20s - (1-X)60s). And If I use TI when Ambush is lower than 15s, the remaining cooldown time is unaffected.

Last edited by atatassault; 10-30-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Captain
# 248
10-30-2012, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
I couldn't disagree more, it takes 59.5 days to get through the reputation system if you run projects back to back. Every reward costs a significant amount of dilithium or EC resources. As you level up a tier, the inputs become more expensive. Players already have to work very hard to advance tiers in this system, it costs around 120K EC in other resources to kick one tier II project off, plus the marks and dilithium. And to propose the addition of blue/purple Mk XII gear in the cost? Where would the average player get this gear to turn in for the project, blue/purple Mk XII gear is already in the millions on the exchange due to rarity.
It will be an adventure obtaining those items. You may think it's a grind within a grind within a grind within a grind, but this is AAA MMO content that will keep people playing for YEARS!
Survivor of Romulus
# 249
10-31-2012, 03:49 AM
I have made it to Romulan Rep Tier 1, did the "upgrade" to accept tier 1 (very lame BTW)

Tier 1 is supposed to give you more upgrades than this, which there is none, along with the Store button being grayed out and non clickable.
Lieutenant
# 250
10-31-2012, 04:05 AM
You need to run Store unlock Projects in order to unlock the Store.