Rihannsu
# 281
11-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Just did a quick log-on Tribble and noticed I'm finally at Rom Rep T1. Disappointed you don't get free stuff when you complete a tier, instead you got to unlock everything.

Furthermore, projects go from 2 Common DOFFs in Tier 1 to 2 Uncommons in Tier 2? So that means when you hit Tier 3, you have to cough up 2 Rare DOFFs per Project? Then Coughing up 2 Very Rare DOFFs for Tier 4 and Tier 5?

That's getting extremely costly, especially when you have to do more projects at higher Tiers.......
I think that's just for a few specific projects. I only remember seing one project that required greens.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Commander
# 282
11-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Requiring the lose of VR doffs strikes me as to high a price. Losing Uncommon I could make peace with, Rares, if the reward was truly Epic i'd consider it. But VRs? Thats a lot resources a lot of effort down the drain.
Starfleet Veteran
# 283
11-02-2012, 08:26 AM
As far as I'm aware, store unlocks are one-time after which you buy your stuff with dilithium, correct?

What about moving these to the Upgrade category? This would have a very small impact on progression speed (which could be adjusted by cutting the XP), but mainly... With holdings, there's always that trickle of upgrades after a major upgrade - you get your base tier, then you've got to get your contacts and facilities unlocked. In reputations, the upgrade project slot seems to be completely unusued except for the upgrade project each tier, during which you're often not doing much else.

Single-item requisitions would stay on regular slots, but any one-time upgrade would be an upgrade.
Republic Veteran
# 284
11-02-2012, 08:28 AM
Just unlocked the Rifles in the Romulan Store and I am a bit disappoint that theres' only High Density Rifles. I would have also expected split-beam and sniper rifles, as well as full-auto rifles. I will be equally disappointed if the Assault Weapons store doesn't include pulsewaves.

We have nothing. Nothing but our anger. We will take that spark and start a fire which will become a great conflagration!
Cryptic Studios Team
# 285
11-02-2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alastorforthrigh View Post
Just unlocked the Rifles in the Romulan Store and I am a bit disappoint that theres' only High Density Rifles. I would have also expected split-beam and sniper rifles, as well as full-auto rifles. I will be equally disappointed if the Assault Weapons store doesn't include pulsewaves.
We may choose to add more variants of all types of weaponry to these stores in the future.

If that comes to pass, they will automatically be added to existing unlocks, not put in as additional projects.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 286
11-02-2012, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
We may choose to add more variants of all types of weaponry to these stores in the future.

If that comes to pass, they will automatically be added to existing unlocks, not put in as additional projects.
I'm confused. How are items claimed in the new rep system?

For that matter, if they are "unlocked" does this mean that multiples of STF item sets (for bridge officers, for example) will be either easier or harder?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 287
11-02-2012, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
I'm confused. How are items claimed in the new rep system?
There are two different methods:

1) Store Unlocks

This method is used for most consumables and algorithmically-generated items, due to the number of options presented to players. Separating them out as individual projects would have caused far too much UI bloat (which is still an issue under review, but in a far better state than it could've been).

Store Unlocks are all related to the "Store" button on your Reputation UI. Each Reputation has its own separate Store.

2) Direct Rewards

These projects will not auto-clear upon completion, but instead pop up a little "Claim Reward" button that waits for the player to interact. Upon clicking that button, the reward of the project is placed directly into the player's inventory. As an additional feature that was just added, these projects will display the reward as an item that can be hovered over for complete statistical information.

Quote:
For that matter, if they are "unlocked" does this mean that multiples of STF item sets (for bridge officers, for example) will be either easier or harder?
Set Gear will be Direct Reward projects and not Store Unlocks. That said, we just recently did a pass on Ground Set Items and reduced their prices dramatically with the assumption that players would be interested in getting extra sets for their Bridge Crew.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Commander
# 288
11-02-2012, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Set Gear will be Direct Reward projects and not Store Unlocks. That said, we just recently did a pass on Ground Set Items and reduced their prices dramatically with the assumption that players would be interested in getting extra sets for their Bridge Crew.

Just how dramatically (old costs vs. new costs), for those who don't have the original Tribble costs handy?
Career Officer
# 289
11-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Quote:
There are two different methods:

1) Store Unlocks

This method is used for most consumables and algorithmically-generated items, due to the number of options presented to players. Separating them out as individual projects would have caused far too much UI bloat (which is still an issue under review, but in a far better state than it could've been).

Store Unlocks are all related to the "Store" button on your Reputation UI. Each Reputation has its own separate Store.

2) Direct Rewards

These projects will not auto-clear upon completion, but instead pop up a little "Claim Reward" button that waits for the player to interact. Upon clicking that button, the reward of the project is placed directly into the player's inventory. As an additional feature that was just added, these projects will display the reward as an item that can be hovered over for complete statistical information.

Are Direct Rewards unique? They sound like what a lot of the more desirable gear will be.

I guess what I'm saying is:

What happens to someone with two Mk XI Omega Sets...? And, under the current build, is it possible to claim two?

If you can outfit all your BOs when hitting max tier in OF at no additional charge, that's a great perk. If you can't claim a set more than once, that's something that could be handy to know now for people who want BOffs to have their own duplicate OF/MACO sets.
Career Officer
# 290
11-02-2012, 09:16 AM
I missed that last part.

So Direct Reward items do have a price. I'm a bit fuzzy on this point.

I think we may have stumbled onto something that deserves a dev blog:

Claiming rewards in S7.

I think the case can be made that a lot of it is simpler... and the queue system makes reward types easier to find. But this is a topic that will need some documentation, IMHO.