Cryptic Studios Team
# 291
11-02-2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
I think we may have stumbled onto something that deserves a dev blog:

Claiming rewards in S7.

I think the case can be made that a lot of it is simpler... and the queue system makes reward types easier to find. But this is a topic that will need some documentation, IMHO.
Play with the system on Tribble. I believe it will be clear enough once you've seen the system first-hand.

Just to clarify though, Direct Reward projects can be repeated. Store Unlocks (and Costume Unlocks) are only ran a single time.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 292
11-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
...with the assumption that players would be interested in getting extra sets for their Bridge Crew.

now that they display the visuals, yes very much, a full MACO Crew should look neat!

has there been any progress in making the Set Powers usable by BOffs?
AFAIK they can only use the passive abilities but not the ones that would go in the Power Bar.

(as in: Jem Hadar set would make your BOff use invisibility randomly, and Omega Set not).

i also would like to know how the Costume Unlocks work exactly for the BOffs, do i need a Set for every boff and it displays when a BOff wears it, or is the Accolade Unlock of the first set from your captain enough to use the visuals via the Tailor?
Career Officer
# 293
11-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Play with the system on Tribble. I believe it will be clear enough once you've seen the system first-hand.

Just to clarify though, Direct Reward projects can be repeated. Store Unlocks (and Costume Unlocks) are only ran a single time.
I was out of town last weekend and am concerned I won't be able to before it goes live. I'd welcome any illumination from people who have gotten further along.

As a side note: I think it would be a strong choice in the future with reputation systems to have a final round of testing where you offer reputation boost items on Tribble and/or Redshirt to get more feedback on higher tiers, as we get closer to patch deployment.
Career Officer
# 294
11-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
now that they display the visuals, yes very much, a full MACO Crew should look neat!

has there been any progress in making the Set Powers usable by BOffs?
AFAIK they can only use the passive abilities but not the ones that would go in the Power Bar.

(as in: Jem Hadar set would make your BOff use invisibility randomly, and Omega Set not).

i also would like to know how the Costume Unlocks work exactly for the BOffs, do i need a Set for every boff and it displays when a BOff wears it, or is the Accolade Unlock of the first set from your captain enough to use the visuals via the Tailor?
They display the visuals now?
Captain
# 295
11-02-2012, 11:00 AM
I have a question.

You are removing the old ground MK XII visuals entirely from the game right, replaced by the tron "variant"

Isn't that just making the old ground set even more exclusive, since it's then impossible to get and becomes a unique item for those who earned it ?

You want people to go after the new set to feel special but you are making the old set the special one...

I picture a server filled with "tron clones" and then a select few with the actual cool set, how do you picture it.

Rendering the whole concept of "easier to get", as sold on the blog, useless, ironic ?

Or is it just me
Cryptic Studios Team
# 296
11-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
You are removing the old ground MK XII visuals entirely from the game right, replaced by the tron "variant"
Where do these rumors start?

We're removing nothing from the game. Anything you have, you keep.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 297
11-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:

People always assume the worst. To be honest, Cryptic gotten some bad rep from some recent events, and I can't say I blame them. A great many of recent decisions have been disagreeable (Bind to Character, Dilithium in Crafting, the unwarranted Retro Set nerf, just to name a few). But, some people jump to conclusions too much. The fears were unwarranted, just as you just said.

On a slightly off-topic note, I have a question about the Acamar System Patrol. Are there plans to add Diplomacy/Marauder XP to it (FED)talking the rebels down or (KDF)crushing them within a certain amount of time?
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Career Officer
# 298
11-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Quote:

And this is where the rumors confuse me.

I get that we keep what we have but is there a new visual for the new versions of the sets? TRON variant? Huh?

I thought it was the EXACT SAME SETS with the EXACT SAME COSTUME UNLOCKS for completing a set and that the only difference was how you access the store.

Before, you traded in EDC for requisitions.

Now you complete reputation for an item unlock or access to store.

I don't know what the talk of TRON variants or gear having default visuals started. I'll look into what I can this weekend as I test but I am CONFUSED.
Empire Veteran
# 299
11-02-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:

but but but you are removing everything else... so its gotta be true! j/k lol
Captain
# 300
11-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Yeah I am talking about "being removed" as in no longer obtainable, therein the question.

I am asking, can you still GET the old ground set visuals ? NOT if you are still allowed to have them or keep them...

Albeit I of course don't know if the tron variant isn't unlocked till you do all optionals and the set otherwise looks the same, that would make more sense, so you don't have old school ground people walking around looking unique - so that's what I am asking.

Mainly because if not, you are just making the old set even more special.

Stoleviathan99, If you go to facility 4028 you can see the new "tron variant", they used the guards' uniforms