Career Officer
# 301
11-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
Yeah I am talking about "being removed" as in no longer obtainable, therein the question.

I am asking, can you still GET the old ground set visuals ? NOT if you are still allowed to have them or keep them...

Albeit I of course don't know if the tron variant isn't unlocked till you do all optionals and the set otherwise looks the same, that would make more sense, so you don't have old school ground people walking around looking unique - so that's what I am asking.

Mainly because if not, you are just making the old set even more special.

Stoleviathan99, If you go to facility 4028 you can see the new "tron variant", they used the guards' uniforms
Yes but what makes you think players are getting visuals that are any different?

The TRON costumes have nothing to do with Omega Force.

They're tied to NPCs in Facility 4028 and a Lobi store bridge officer.
Career Officer
# 302
11-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
People always assume the worst.
Only some do that. The rest of us call them "jaded".
Rihannsu
# 303
11-02-2012, 12:15 PM
My question is, these new Kits we can get via the Reputation system, are they actually New Power combination Kits.. or just rehashes with perhaps different energy types?

Also, will this be a way to get the Borg Medical Analysis Kit? Or has that been truelly retired?
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Career Officer
# 304
11-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
now that they display the visuals, yes very much, a full MACO Crew should look neat!
I don't like the way its handled. For one, if you want any Mk 12 parts on your Boffs, you need to give it a Mk 12 Armor. Two, its an all or nothing deal. If you put 12 on your boff for the chest piece, you get the helmet whether you want it or not.

There's also weird clashing with other costume pieces. My Female Orion in Mk 11 Omega still used Orion Shoulders and necklace. Skirts override STF bottoms.

Boffs should just be able to have a costume type option in the tailor pulldown just like your character.
Quote:
has there been any progress in making the Set Powers usable by BOffs?
AFAIK they can only use the passive abilities but not the ones that would go in the Power Bar.
Boffs *can* use the set clickies. Mine use the Omega Cloaking Device. I brought this to Bort's attention a while back, and apparently the Boffs just don't realize the STF auto remodulate is a power than can be used for remodulation. I don't know if he got around to flagging it as such yet.
Captain
# 305
11-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Yes but what makes you think players are getting visuals that are any different?

The TRON costumes have nothing to do with Omega Force.

They're tied to NPCs in Facility 4028 and a Lobi store bridge officer.

Because I saw the uniform on the test server and recognized them ?
And even before that I read in the blog, probably you did too, it clear states that the reputation system sets are a "varient" of the omega/honorguard/maco.

So the question is are the old visuals replaced by the tron set, are they the "varient", new standing MK XII...
Career Officer
# 306
11-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Because I saw the uniform on the test server and recognized them ?
And even before that I read in the blog, probably you did too, it clear states that the reputation system sets are a "varient" of the omega/honorguard/maco.

So the question is are the old visuals replaced by the tron set, are they the "varient", new standing MK XII...
Okay. But are costume unlocks for owning a set going away? Or is the costume unlock in addition to the sets having a visual?

And are you sure you didn't see someone with a Lobi BOff?
Career Officer
# 307
11-02-2012, 12:45 PM
I forget where to find it, but it was explicitly stated that they were removing none of the costume unlocks from the game, but that there would be new ones added to go along with "new" sets that have the same functionality as the sets that are currently faction-locked.

In other words, all the old unlocks are still there but now we can get a second MACO set that has the same stats and bonuses as the KHG set if we're fed or a second KHG set that has the same stats and bonuses as the MACO set if we're KDF. Each of these new sets has a new costume unlock associated with it.
Captain
# 308
11-02-2012, 12:57 PM
I am not sure about anything, heheh.

I am asking if the new "varient" is replacing the old set in the store, in so you can only get the new set (whatever is it, tron or not, albeit I think tron we will see).

As far as the old visuals you keep what you have and so also my point; if you cannot get the old visuals under the new system, the old visuals are the new elite!

They will be an un-obtainable trophy and perhaps even the biggest in the game, for what they represent and since they are gone (from requistion not from wearing them)
Career Officer
# 309
11-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
We may choose to add more variants of all types of weaponry to these stores in the future.

If that comes to pass, they will automatically be added to existing unlocks, not put in as additional projects.
Do it now.
Career Officer
# 310
11-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Quote:
I am not sure about anything, heheh.

I am asking if the new "varient" is replacing the old set in the store, in so you can only get the new set (whatever is it, tron or not, albeit I think tron we will see).

As far as the old visuals you keep what you have and so also my point; if you cannot get the old visuals under the new system, the old visuals are the new elite!

They will be an un-obtainable trophy and perhaps even the biggest in the game, for what they represent and since they are gone (from requistion not from wearing them)
You still get the old visuals as a costume unlock for completing a set, don't you?