Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,254
# 311
11-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Adapted MACO Ground and Space Set
o These sets of gear will reflect the same stats currently available only on the Klingon Honor Guard equivalents.
o Visuals of the Space Set will be the same as the existing Mk XII MACO Space Set
o Visuals of the Ground Set will be an entirely new variant of the existing Mk XII MACO Ground Armor

Adapted Klingon Honor Guard Ground and Space Set
o These sets of gear will reflect the same stats currently available only on the MACO equivalents.
o Visuals of the Space Set will be the same as the existing Mk XII Klingon Honor Guard Space Set
o Visuals of the Ground Set will be an entirely new variant of the existing Mk XII Klingon Honor Guard Ground Armor
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=726221

I definitely read that as you can no longer obtain the old visuals, which was the whole rationalization behind converting the stf system, easier access to the ground sets, right ?
I am pretty sure if you got 2 costume unlocks with each set the blog would brag about it, don't you

Well anyway if this is true, you now can't get them at all, ever, forced into a plastic replica that reads wanna-be on the back, stallowned
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 500
# 312
11-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=726221

I definitely read that as you can no longer obtain the old visuals, which was the whole rationalization behind converting the stf system, easier access to the ground sets, right ?
I am pretty sure if you got 2 costume unlocks with each set the blog would brag about it, don't you

Well anyway if this is true, you now can't get them at all, ever, forced into a plastic replica that reads wanna-be on the back, stallowned
I have no idea why you read that to say that the old visuals are going away - the old costumes are tied to accolades, which are in turn tied to getting the set items themselves, not the Prototype tech drops, so, since you can still get the old set items (as in 'they will be available in the reputation store'), you can still unlock the costumes by getting the accolades, unless the devs very deliberately went in and disabled those accolades.

To be clear, the new sets are new options being added to our current ones, they are not replacing anything.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,669
# 313
11-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=726221

I definitely read that as you can no longer obtain the old visuals, which was the whole rationalization behind converting the stf system, easier access to the ground sets, right ?
I am pretty sure if you got 2 costume unlocks with each set the blog would brag about it, don't you

Well anyway if this is true, you now can't get them at all, ever, forced into a plastic replica that reads wanna-be on the back, stallowned
Adapted MACO is for Klingons. Adapted Honor Guard is for Feds.

The new visuals basically just mean that Feds won't be running around in a PURE Honor Guard costume and KDF won't be running around in a pure MACO suit.

Adapted are "opposite faction only" variants.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,254
# 314
11-02-2012, 02:34 PM
I see no new accolades in regards to stf minus "adapted commando" with is collect the adapted set.
I am new here but I didn't know you could earn the sets doing accolades ?

Saying you think they are going to be in the store is certainly possible and of course I cannot know before I spend the 3 months or w/e.

However if you look on tribble now in the reputation system under unlock it doesn't read 2 sets per. unlock, it reads 1. (minus the last tier where you get an extra unlock for optional, like now)
And since that quote clearly says the visuals are new what else can I assume

/edit

That changes nothing if it's a hybrid set or not - you still missing the old kling and fed visuals

Else it should read "adapted kling, kling, omega... etc"

Last edited by vestereng; 11-02-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,669
# 315
11-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
I see no new accolades in regards to stf minus "adapted commando" with is collect the adapted set.
I am new here but I didn't know you could earn the sets doing accolades ?

Saying you think they are going to be in the store is certainly possible and of course I cannot know before I spend the 3 months or w/e.

However if you look on tribble now in the reputation system under unlock it doesn't read 2 sets per. unlock, it reads 1. (minus the last tier where you get an extra unlock for optional, like now)
And since that quote clearly says the visuals are new what else can I assume
Okay. Let me explain:

The armor now have visuals. That's new. They also unlock as editable costumes when you get a complete set. The accolade unlocks the costume. The accolade is awarded for acquiring a set.

Adapted Honor Guard is a new FEDERATION ONLY set.

Adapted MACO is a new KLINGON ONLY set.

Collect the set. Get the accolade. Get the costume.

Same as before aside from the addition now that you can display a set you don't have editing rights to by putting on armor.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,669
# 316
11-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Most importantly: An armor visual is not a costume. A costume is not an armor visual.

Armor visuals come from wearing armor. Costumes are not tied to wearing the armor, are editable, and unlock when you complete a set.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 33
# 317
11-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Two things I found so far (posted on another thread which was not official):

Reputation Screen - Some items are adding very slowly when you contribute in the new reputation screen. Ex. Romulan Marks

Old Borg Trade Items - Not sure if this is something that got missed or not, but [Encrypted Data Chip] ,[Prototype Borg Salvage] , etc are still in my inventory. What do you do with them now?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 33
# 318
11-02-2012, 02:59 PM
B'Tran - Battle Group - Mission for terradome not showing any updated rewards such as Omega Marks.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,254
# 319
11-02-2012, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Okay. Let me explain:

The armor now have visuals. That's new. They also unlock as editable costumes when you get a complete set. The accolade unlocks the costume. The accolade is awarded for acquiring a set.

Adapted Honor Guard is a new FEDERATION ONLY set.

Adapted MACO is a new KLINGON ONLY set.

Collect the set. Get the accolade. Get the costume.

Same as before aside from the addition now that you can display a set you don't have editing rights to by putting on armor.
Well if you've tried it on tribble you of course know what's what.

And I get you are saying the armor slot alone now unlocks a visual, just like lower level gear always did.
But you are saying "that's new", is that the armor that's now of the feature.
But at what point does the old honorguard and maco become a costume set, editable, and not an "armor slot" replica ?

If that's how you unlock the old visuals they aren't editable right and I haven't seen it explained anywhere in my defense

If you can't edit the whole set it's still the same point

/edit

So you unlock the old accolades for the full editable old visuals getting the new full sets ? Is that it

Last edited by vestereng; 11-02-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 500
# 320
11-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
Well if you've tried it on tribble you of course know what's what.

And I get you are saying the armor slot alone now unlocks a visual, just like lower level gear always did.
But you are saying "that's new", is that the armor that's now of the feature.
But at what point does the old honorguard and maco become a costume set, editable, and not an "armor slot" replica ?

If that's how you unlock the old visuals they aren't editable right and I haven't seen it explained anywhere in my defense

If you can't edit the whole set it's still the same point
The COSTUME unlock is like we said - from accolades for getting the sets. Right now, when you get the Mk XII MACO, Omega, or Honor Guard set for ground, you get an accolade, and that accolade then unlocks a costume slot and the special costume to go with it, which you can then edit in the tailor. That part is NOT changing, so when you purchase a Mk XII set from the new reputation store, you will unlock the appropriate look as an editable costume. To get the 'Elite' look, you need to have a complete set, AND will have to have completed the optionals on Infected Ground/Space elite, Cure Ground/Space elite, and Khitomer Accord Ground/Space elite.

Presumably, the NEW sets will operate largely the same way - you get a costume unlock for getting the full set. What is also new is that each armor now has the 'default' look attached to it, so you can put it on your BOFFs and have them 'match' you. As you say, though, this look is NOT customizable, it will simply be the normal 'default' look.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:24 PM.