Career Officer
# 91
10-21-2012, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
Kinda have to agree. So, I can log in, have a look at my boffs, see they're still looking pretty as ever, and... yeah, what exactly? LOL.

I was sorta hoping we could set doff-missions from there. Likely never going to happen, though. In EVE Online, for example, CCP even openly said they will never let you queue your skills remotely, as it would prevent people from actually playing the game (the "If you have em in your store, they're likely to buy something" rationale). I suspect it will be no different for STO.

We can hope, though. After all, it's still in Beta.
I'll bet access to the C/Z-store will be one of the first things added.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Lt. Commander
# 92
10-22-2012, 05:37 AM
I copied my character over, and took a look at the Gateway. It's a great idea, relatively easy to navigate. I'm really hoping we'll be able to do DOFFs, and manage inventory from it. I'd love to be able to manage my DOFFs when I'm unable to get into the game to do that (which is most of the time lately) That would be a big, big plus for the game.
Commander
# 93
10-22-2012, 07:45 AM
Obvious copy of EVE gate is obvious...

am i really the only one who thought that the second i saw the title of the blog???
"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Career Officer
# 94
10-22-2012, 10:51 AM
Tried linking it on my iPhone with safari but it wouldn't load the whole popup for the account guard info and so I couldn't click through once entering the code.

Can't this just be made another page or load in a smaller field or something instead of how it is?
Captain
# 95
10-23-2012, 05:01 AM
I'm happy to see this but trust it to come out when my gaming time has been greatly reduced since I don't use Tribble I won't use this until it becomes available on holodeck and some more options like doffing become available.
Ensign
# 96
10-23-2012, 07:03 AM
Ya, I'm only getting my test server character. How can I get it switch over to the holodeck?
Captain
# 97
10-23-2012, 08:34 AM
It's just the beta version at the moment OI believe and may not go on holodeck until Season 7
Lt. Commander
# 98
10-23-2012, 09:17 PM
A few notes of importance:
  • This needs to be an encrypted and secure site.
  • Site certificate is unverified.
  • Need a button to go back to the character list without having to log out.
  • Need to have a "save password" check box as well.

Love the Star Trek feel of it. Nice, crisp and clean with loads of accessible info.

Over-all, well done. Looking forward to having this on Holodeck so I can view my real characters. That is of course as long as the first two things in my above list have been met.

Also, would love to see DOFF integration to assign and claim DOFF missions.

[ Raptr ] [ @zebular | Join Date: Dec 2007 | @Captain_Ralubez ] [ BIOs ]

Last edited by zebular; 10-23-2012 at 09:25 PM.
Captain
# 99
10-23-2012, 09:27 PM
Some of the information there could be better served on a public domain. I'd love to share the effort I put into writing career profiles for captain and crew with the world!

Really love the look, either way. Now if only it would show my current status. I've come a long way since May...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Ensign
# 100 Sigh
10-23-2012, 09:46 PM
I can't seem to get into the thing. Everytime I put in my information in, it tries to access and then disconnects,
Closed Thread