10-20-2012, 01:08 PM
ive used IE, firefox, chrome, safari... and keep getting this:
http://www.freewebs.com/jetairliners/stog.jpg
Starfleet Veteran
# 62
10-20-2012, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by afalconer View Post
I cannot get past the "Accessing the Secure Personnel Files" window. I'm on Chrome.
I'm on chrome and can get in. I did notice that once you pick a character, you can't use the back browser button to get back to character selection. Return to Main Screen brings you back to main character screen. You have to log out, and log back in, in order to choose another character.

When I tried back browser button, I got stuck on the "accessing " screen. Holding down the ctrl key while refreshing brought me back to the login screen. Maybe that will help in your case?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
Lt. Commander
# 63
10-20-2012, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by afalconer View Post
I cannot get past the "Accessing the Secure Personnel Files" window. I'm on Chrome.
same here. i am using IE9
Starfleet Veteran
# 64
10-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
And a day later it's *still* offline. If this level of service is in any way indicative of what we can expect from Season 7, then this game is in big trouble.
It's actually *NOT* offline. However, the "Offline for Maintenance" message seems to be a default error message. I get it any time I use the back key in my browser instead of the button in the web app UI, however I can always log back on. So I guess don't use the browser commands to navigate back and forth in Gateway, just use the buttons in the app interface.

Raptr profile
Empire Veteran
# 65
10-20-2012, 01:16 PM
I'm on chrome on a really crappy computer until my normal one gets fixed and I was able to get in. The only thing I really see it being good for is scrolling up and down going oooh ahh over your accolades lol.

If I could doff easier with it then I think it would be worth useing
Starfleet Veteran
# 66
10-20-2012, 01:19 PM
Please, no offense intended at all, just a thought - you DO have a character copied to Tribble, right?

Having lots of experience with cryptic Cryptic error messages, it occurs to me that they may have a standard 'under maintenance' redirect if something doesn't work right. Say, for example, there is no character to access, so instead of 'no characters found' it just hangs or says 'down for maintenance'?
Career Officer
# 67
10-20-2012, 01:20 PM
I can't even get to the login screen...on Lynx 2.8.3

Haven't had an issue on Chrome Dev Channel though.

The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
PS: My show is actually at 0200 GMT these days. I really need to dig up the PSD for that signature and redo it.
Career Officer
# 68
10-20-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackwidow View Post
Please, no offense intended at all, just a thought - you DO have a character copied to Tribble, right?

Having lots of experience with cryptic Cryptic error messages, it occurs to me that they may have a standard 'under maintenance' redirect if something doesn't work right. Say, for example, there is no character to access, so instead of 'no characters found' it just hangs or says 'down for maintenance'?
Wait, wha?! Character copied to tribble?! Um, no; I sorta didn't do that. :) Didn't even know that was possible, or necessary even.

I think you're onto something. :) Thx!
Starfleet Veteran
# 69
10-20-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
Wait, wha?! Character copied to tribble?! Um, no; I sorta didn't do that. Didn't even know that was possible, or necessary even.

I think you're onto something. Thx!
To sign up for the Tribble Test Server and transfer a character to it, visit http://sto.perfectworld.com/community/tribble-test

You're welcome!
Lieutenant
# 70
10-20-2012, 01:27 PM
Yes, I have 3 characters copied to tribble and did the latest patch on tribble this morning, but I still cannot get into the gateway.
Closed Thread