Survivor of Romulus
I love the new Gateway App, but I would love to see a few features added such as Doff Management, Access to Ingame mail and possibly a Native App for IOS and Android. However I have found a bug that says Cannot Post 404 / Not Found on my Android Device when logging in, posted link to screen shot below as I cannot upload the pic here

http://s521.photobucket.com/albums/w...0-19_23151.png
known as @graham6410 in game

Survivor of Romulus
# 82
10-21-2012, 02:42 AM
looks really good in my pc, using firefox and chrome.

But in android mobile browsers, I see some problems.

In my sansung galaxy 3 and in my generic tablet Genesis GT 7200, I find:

1 - Every bridge officer and the character are always smiling o.O

2 - You can't have the option to see your toon or your bridge officer fully, only a picture of the face. No problem with this, but if you are using the mobile version, someone want to show to your friends your uniforms fully, not only faces.

3 - You can't change ships. You only see the first one in your ship slots.

4 - You see no signal about your fleet. No fleet emblem or fleet name.
PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
Starfleet Veteran
# 83
10-21-2012, 02:54 AM
No issue, that I can see on my Android. I dont have to scroll on the Log-in screen, though, since my display is big enough to include the submit button.
The Gateway overrides my settings to display desktop version and only gives me the Mobile one.
I would prefer, if I could decide that myself.

And yes, before any gameplay functions come in, add our friends and fleet list and allow us to share selected information up to making the whole character profile public.
Starfleet Veteran
# 84
10-21-2012, 03:57 AM
It works well on my samsung galaxy note 2
Starfleet Veteran
# 85 IE9 is a NOGO
10-21-2012, 11:58 AM
I was able to make it work on my iPad without any problem, and was able to access the site via Firefox. However, IE9 is not able to get past the verification window; the window does not allow me to enter data. Obviously a compatibility issue.
Community Moderator
# 86
10-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel64 View Post
I was able to make it work on my iPad without any problem, and was able to access the site via Firefox. However, IE9 is not able to get past the verification window; the window does not allow me to enter data. Obviously a compatibility issue.
Do you have the latest updates in? HTML5 should prove fine in IE9 and I'm pretty sure IE9 supports HTML5 fully if updated...I'll check on my Windows machine when I boot it up next.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Republic Veteran
# 87
10-21-2012, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
I'm trying to understand what purpose this sto gateway is suppossed to be for... Is it so while you are away from home that you can see your character is still the same way you left it before you left your home?

I'm just thinking it was a waste of resources just like shooter mode and vivox chat were in season 4.
It's called "The Illusion of Content", this company is rather good at it...

Join date July 2012 ... My feckin arse ( Feb 2010 )
"The great thing about the internet is its leveling effect; online all opinions are equally WORTHLESS."-- Grant Morrison
Career Officer
# 88
10-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
I'm trying to understand what purpose this sto gateway is suppossed to be for... Is it so while you are away from home that you can see your character is still the same way you left it before you left your home?

I'm just thinking it was a waste of resources just like shooter mode and vivox chat were in season 4.
Kinda have to agree. So, I can log in, have a look at my boffs, see they're still looking pretty as ever, and... yeah, what exactly? LOL.

I was sorta hoping we could set doff-missions from there. Likely never going to happen, though. In EVE Online, for example, CCP even openly said they will never let you queue your skills remotely, as it would prevent people from actually playing the game (the "If you have em in your store, they're likely to buy something" rationale). I suspect it will be no different for STO.

We can hope, though. After all, it's still in Beta.
Captain
# 89
10-21-2012, 11:08 PM
I just tried to log-in to the STO Gateway and got the following:

Disconnected.
Gateway is currently under maintenance. Please try again later.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Starfleet Veteran
# 90
10-21-2012, 11:12 PM
Goes to 'down for maintenance' after I log in, usually when try to change pages so have not actually seen anything of the content.
Closed Thread