Starfleet Veteran
# 11
10-19-2012, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
If anything, the Aegis should be part of the revised crafting system.

Have the parts to upgrade drop in certain events (rarely), have it bound upon completion, and have level requirements and presto.
I can live with that. I have no desire to see any kind of attachment to STFs or whatnot. Of course I'm getting into my rant about how I should be able to get any set, even if it is 10 times harder for me alone. So I'll stop there.

Aside from that, this would be a good chance for the return of the Delta Flyer crafting mission, just changed for this item. 10 for the MK XI Blue upgrade, 15 for the MK XII Blue upgrade and 20 for the MK XII Purple upgrade.
Formerly: Ally_of_the_Force/Now: A Ticked Off Customer
Member Since 10-2009/Murdered 6-2012
NO TO ARC!!!
4 Year Veteran
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
10-19-2012, 11:06 PM
Aegis enhanced Omega/Maco/KHG technology.
-or-
Assimilated aegis technology.
-or-
Prototype borg enhanced aegis technologys.

Basicaly a grab bag the the 2 sets bonuses. applying the aegis tech to the existing item.
Example--

Assimilated aegis.

Assimilated aegis deflector-
+2.5 to aux and shield power
+23 to shield systems
+23 to structural integrity
+15 power insulators
+15 to inertial dampeners.

Assimilated aegis impulse engines
+ 5% defence
+ 5 engine power
+ 5.0 Turn rate
Full impulse
+85 flight speed

Assimilated aegis shield array.

+5 shield power
7500 Maximum cap
200 regeneration
Reduces all damage to shields by 10%

set bonus

2 piece
Autonomous frequency rotation
passive
+10% shield damage resistance
+10 to shield systems
When taking all damage 2% chance to apply Shield Frequency Scramble
+10% defence for 15 seconds
+10% shield damage resistance

3 piece

Autonumous Hull plating

Passive
+10 starship hull repair
+5 starship hull plating
+5 starship armor reinforcements.
When recieving all damage 10% chance to apply Reactive armor
Stacking 2% damage resistance buff to incoming damage type, stacks up to 10 times. Can resist multiple damage types.
When recieving all damage 2% chance to apply Autonomous hull repair
25% hull repair over 15 seconds

You get the idea.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Rihannsu
# 13
10-20-2012, 03:00 AM
Advanced Aegis Covariant Shield Array Mk XII

7555 standard cap
[10% Bleedthrough, 1% Absorption.]
+5 power to Shields
169.1 Regeneration

Advanced Aegis Hyper Impulse Engines Mk XII
+9 Driver Coil
+5 Engine Power
+13 flight speed
6.0 Turn rate

Advanced Aegis Positron Deflector Array Mk XII
26.2 Starship Shield Emitters
26.2 Starship Structural integrity
26.2 Starship Shield Systems
8.8 Starship Particle Generators
8.8 Starship Gravaton Systems
8.8 Starship Power Insultators
+5 Power to Aux

Set Two:
Hull Nullification Spring
when hull is less than 50% chance to summon a Vo'quv Class Dreadnaught or Typhoon class Battleship.
Chance for hull to gain 20% of hull lost with any hull heal ability

Set Three
Enhanced Reactive Shielding
When your shields are hit, Reactive Shielding has a chance to activate, increasing the resistance to the incoming damage type (to the hull, has no effect on your shields) for a short time. Enhanced Reactive shields stacks up to 6 times, and can resist against several damage types at once. With a 10% chance to adapt to said weapon for 15 seconds.

Last edited by captainbmoney; 10-20-2012 at 03:27 AM.
Captain
# 14
10-20-2012, 07:27 AM
Guys, they're never changed set bonusus between mk's before. you might get a magnitude increase but that is it.

6160 standard cap
[10% Bleedthrough]
+15 to Starship Shield System
+20 to Starship Shield Performance
100.0 Regeneration

Advanced Aegis Hyper Impulse Engines Mk XII
+30 Driver Coil
+10% Defence
+8.5 flight speed
(Efficent at High Power Settings)
+16 Turn rate

Uncapps Sector travel speed
Advanced Aegis Positron Deflector Array Mk XII
16.4 Starship Shield Emitters
24.7 Starship Shield Systems
24.7 Starship Power Insultators
16.4 Starship Inertial Dampeners
+5 Power to Aux

2-Set:

Thoron Distortion Feild:
Passive: +10% Defence

3-Set:
Reactive Sheilding:
On Any sheild Damage +20 All Resistances, stacks upto 5 times.

For those concerned about the magnitude of some stuff here./ This is all for unspecced characters. MACO sheilds at MKXII for exampl are 5910 capacity and 150 regen. Impulse are 8.9 speed, 16 turn.

In short i've upgraded the varuious stats across the board for more useful levels. I also gave people the much asked for >Warp 10 capability.
Captain
# 15
10-20-2012, 09:20 AM
Would be nice to have an upgraded Aegis set, at the moment im using an Aegis 2 piece with the MACO shields on my Galor, its not bad actually - had to look at other things since the news about the Borg set.

Ive gone from having the Hull and Shield regen from the 3 part Borg set to having +10% defence as well as the bonuses from Deflector/Engine, also going up from 14,500 shields to 15,100 (drop from 51k to 49k hull though, boo hiss)

Its a set that does need a lil bit more love and attention from the devs.
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Cryptic Studios Team
# 16
10-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Before this thread gets too carried away, I wanted to chime in on the subject...

The Aegis Set is obtained via Crafting. It always has been, and always will be.

While we're open to taking feedback on the stats and bonuses of the existing gear (let's call it the Aegis Mk XI Set, for simplicity), no new versions are likely to be introduced until we revisit the Crafting system as a whole.

And even then, I wouldn't expect this set to ever be exactly on-par with the STF sets. It's intended to be good enough to last most players until they can obtain Mk XI Omega sets. A few specific builds may get more life out of it, but that's a niche sort of thing.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 17
10-20-2012, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Before this thread gets too carried away, I wanted to chime in on the subject...

While we're open to taking feedback on the stats and bonuses of the existing gear (let's call it the Aegis Mk XI Set, for simplicity), no new versions are likely to be introduced until we revisit the Crafting system as a whole.

And even then, I wouldn't expect this set to ever be exactly on-par with the STF sets. It's intended to be good enough to last most players until they can obtain Mk XI Omega sets. A few specific builds may get more life out of it, but that's a niche sort of thing.
This smacks as another "play as intended" comment. So what it is attained via crafting? It's still only a mk x set in reality. Why NOT make it viable at endgame? Why limit the players to a handful of builds?
Empire Veteran
# 18
10-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post

That brings the issue to the issue of you can tell a vast difference between ground sets but in all honesty there is no real benefit between having a x xi or xii stf set they are pretty much the same you just get a pinch added here and there that doesn't justify its rarity of a drop. So I am guessing instead of establishing space sets to give their what you guys call "prestige" its just going to be a bunch of new grinds to collect that gear that really isnt worth going after if you already have a mk x stf space set.
Captain
# 19
10-20-2012, 10:21 AM
Again, like with the jem and breen sets, you get STF gear so fast that the priod of usefulness for this is zero. For what it takes to get it you'll have outleveled it and have better within the tinniest amount of IRL time. SImply put ANY set that's not upto STF level isn;t worth using. Becuase there's no non-STF sets you can aquire significatnly earlier.

EDIT: Also anyone in a fleet with T3 or above ha acess to better gear as well.

Last edited by carl103; 10-20-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Lieutenant
# 20
10-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
EDIT: Also anyone in a fleet with T3 or above ha acess to better gear as well.
My fleet certainly isn't T3.

I used Aegis until I got my Mk XI MACO, just like BorticusCryptic says above. I was able to get it almost immediately upon reaching lvl 50, without any grind other than Dilithium, which I'd already earned by leveling up. Seems to me that it did its job. What more do you want?

Is this just about the kick-butt Tron look? Maybe we should ask for that to be a ship Material option then, instead of having it tied to gear?