Republic Veteran
# 31
10-20-2012, 01:05 AM
When will cryptic/pwe fix their server issues before releasing new content/seasons? Will Season 7 have as many bugs as season 6? What will be done about the bugs? Slowly fixed at snail pace or will PWe/Cryptic manage to hire enough people to keep up with the bugs?

Will any of the hard questions ever be answered?

PS: I love STO and that's why I ask these questions. Thats why everyone who rages wants to know if their game will stop being a car that breaks down every week into a car that runs and purrs like a kitten.
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-20-2012, 05:19 AM
7 is supported to be a lucky number, well not for fans of R.S.E. I cannot express how disappointed, sad, angry and surprised I am.

Cryptic why do you even bother to try to add romulan (mini)faction to the game? By the time you finish your work on R.S.E. it will be romulan only in name, it will have nothing to do with the proud Romulan race we have seen on TV. Do you really believe that people wanted to play as Romulans only for the v-shaped forehead ridges and to fly D'deridex?

I have been begging for romulan faction, or even mini-faction, since beta, how could I knew I will get the opposite? The death of R.S.E. Please cryptic, do not add playable Romulans to the game in this way. Even better don't touch the romulan storyline ever again, cause with every update you only make it worse.

This is the first time I felt regret that cryptic acquired Star Trek license.
I live in an alternate universe, where j.j. abrams and cryptic never existed,
where R.S.E. is what it always should be.
Survivor of Romulus
# 33
10-20-2012, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
I for one though, welcome more content in this game, no matter the form (and yes that includes grind, as I don't hate or love it)
Yes, what he said!

I understand the Romulan players rage, I was supporting a full Rom. faction as well, but still I refrain myself from commenting on the Romulan issue untill I see how all of this turns out.
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-20-2012, 06:31 AM
I see a problem.

If, it is a mini faction with a group pro-KDF and a group pro-fed (alongside one staying neutral/romulan like)...

I'm sorry, since when does either group trust the Romulans? A romulan in the KDF would get nowhere in the ranks because Klingon leadership typically and utterly hates Romulans.

Federation I see it being possible, but slower then the other races of the Federation...
Empire Veteran
# 35
10-20-2012, 06:39 AM
the gorn and nausicaans fell to the kdf and a year later not only do the kdf incorporate their ships into the kdf fleet, but we bring in anyone who wants a job to fly those ships.
The klingons are an equal opportunity employer.
Also, we make a Gorn an official Diplomate to the federation.

TAKE THAT FEDERATION!
Lt. Commander
# 36
10-20-2012, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
the gorn and nausicaans fell to the kdf and a year later not only do the kdf incorporate their ships into the kdf fleet, but we bring in anyone who wants a job to fly those ships.
The klingons are an equal opportunity employer.
Also, we make a Gorn an official Diplomate to the federation.

TAKE THAT FEDERATION!

Yeah, but the Klingons don't utterly hate either race to the point of destroying entire houses merely for working with them.

They've been known to do that to houses that work with Romulans.
Empire Veteran
# 37
10-20-2012, 07:36 AM
Hmmm I don't know.
I think the kdf hate everyone.
Anti social is a religion.
Career Officer
# 38
10-20-2012, 07:36 AM
Wuho is recognize Names from the Typhoon Pact Novels, furthermore the Resistance Movement, and the Vesta Class will be in it...does that mean Season 7 will introduce us to the same "Timeline" as the Novels do? That would be so nice yeah yeha i know there shouldn?t be borg in it, but lets take that aside

Last edited by digimatl; 10-20-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Captain
# 39
10-20-2012, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szim View Post
Well this storyline makes one thing clear. Unless Sela returns with a huge Iconian fleet to reunite the Romulan Empire by force there will never be a playable Romulan faction!

And I think the real reason for it is money. If the Romulans were to be made a playable faction it would have to be free, with at least one free ship per rank. But if it's just gonna be an unlockable race for Feds and Klings you will have to pay for playing them. And you will probably have to open a lot of lockboxes to get their ships. Furthermore making the Romulans just a subfaction needs a lot less time and effort to implement.

I still hope for a full Romulan faction but I'm a lot more pessimistic now.
I am also pessimistic, but I don't think a new Romulan faction has to be free. They could do a paid expansion, or something.
Starfleet Veteran
# 40
10-20-2012, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by digimatl View Post
Wuho is recognize Names from the Typhoon Pact Novels, furthermore the Resistance Movement, and the Vesta Class will be in it...does that mean Season 7 will introduce us to the same "Timeline" as the Novels do? That would be so nice yeah yeha i know there shouldn?t be borg in it, but lets take that aside
Theres also the fact that the Federation is allies with the Cardassians, Klingons, and Ferangi and the fact that there were Some rather major changes that occurred in regards to the area around Bajor, that would have to be addressed if this was the case