Career Officer
# 41
10-20-2012, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
I appreciate the emotional enthusiasm, which is not chracteristic of autism, and the story but what about those season 7 visuals ?

No new omega visuals, no new romulan armor or uniform ?
Same same same.

Only new visuals are the cross faction Honor Guard/MACO sets which I think require a fleet embassy and maxed rep and you won't see 'em on Tribble in time.
Career Officer
# 42
10-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stf65 View Post
I am going to call BS on this one. Due to a strange quirk of fate my household has 3 ISPs. When my Comcast was down for 5 days all I received was a $5.00 credit on my bill; which did not even equate to 5 days of outage. When my U-verse was down for 7 hours I never received any credit at all. When my dial-up ISP went down they actually tried to charge me extra to fix it.

I would love to know what ISP you are dealing with. They might just become my 4th based on giving away a free month for a 2-hour outage.
Had similar responses from Comcast and AT&T in the past. I went with Charter this time and they've been a dream. 24-7 live operators. They're a bit pricier in my market, by maybe $5 a month. But worth it.
Captain
# 43
10-20-2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post
I don't have a solution, sadly. Youtube videos? Personal visits to Cryptic? Really don't know.

Until they connect with their customers and realize this is not what we want and that unilateral decisions that reset years of progress are very frustrating... we can expect more of the same.
WRONG!

Until we the customers get it through our heads that complaining about bad business practices and then continueing to support them by playing and or ponying up the cash they want above all else is what is fueling this particular fire, nothing will change.

The solution is simple: STOP PLAYING THE GAME.

If what any developer, not just Cryptic, does to a game you play is bad enough that it gets your stomach acid churning, it is no longer worth your time. It's only pixels. You have the power to see it for what it is and decide for yourself that you want no more part of it.

We are either free thinkers who see through the BS, or we are sheeple who willingly turn a blind eye to it. It's either one or the other. No middle ground.

If I went into a business establishment and the employees there jerked me around the way MMO developers in general jerk their customers around, I would march my happy little butt right out of there, warn everyone I know away from them, and report them for fraud.

But if a MMO developer does it, all they have to do is make a new promise they have no intention of fullfilling and all seems to be forgiven.

It is on US to open our eyes, accept that these are just businesses out to encourage us to part with our money, and decide that we are not going to stand for it when they try to screw us over and we see it.

If what they are doing with Season Seven is really a deal breaker for us, then we need to walk away. We don't need to try to convince anyone. If they have even the slightest glimmer of independent thought, they'll see the truth in time and come to the same conclusions.

"But this is the only active Star Trek game out there!"

So what? Star Trek is just a collection of TV shows. Gene Roddenberry did not invent Star Trek to usher in a bold new era for humanity. He invented it because he needed money to pay his bills. Sure it is entertaining, but it was not meant to be a focus for our lives, especially not to the point where we would endure unethical treatment from any business that has a product with the Star Trek name slapped on it. And leaving all that aside, is this game REALLY Star Trek, or is it merely an amalgamation of mismatched jumbled elements from all aspects of Star Trek thrown together without rhyme or reason other than to make money off us?

Many have said that Cryptic needs to draw the line somewhere. No. We are the ones who need to draw the line. Does Cryptic think for us or do we think for ourselves.

So again. IF what is planned for Season Seven is a dealbreaker for us, we need to take our time and our money elsewhere. It may not be the solution for the game's problems. But it WILL be a solution for our problems with the game.

Just a little free food for free thought.
I personally want a Star Trek game that is actually Star Trek. On a qualitative level that could be a lot of different things for a lot of different people. But on a quantitative level, if the developers were to watch star trek and make the game like what they see, then at least it will be a shot in the right direction, as far as I am concerned.

Last edited by sirsitsalot; 10-20-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Community Moderator
# 44
10-20-2012, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post

IMHO, it is not acceptable for them to refuse to let players double-dip for rewards when they double-dip for content. If these were new STFs for the reward system, it would be one thing. But people with Mk XI and Mk XII items have already run hundreds of STFs and not recognizing that in Omega Fleet reputation SHOULD be up for discussion.
OK, MK XI I'll perhaps grant you here, but MK XII was always a RNG, pot luck, chance based drop. Why should that provide anything towards the reputation system? Sure there are people who have put hundreds of hours in, myself included, to get such a drop, but there are people who got it in the first dozen, why should they get all the rewards?

I'm not saying I don't get your point, I do - I don't like double dipping, and I'd hope those with the MKXII Reman set get some recognition for it, but the MKXII Borg I find hard to justify.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Lieutenant
# 45
10-20-2012, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
He reiterated that there is no room for feedback on this point, which is why I'm not posting this in a feedback forum.
Any dev who says there is no room for feedback should not be a dev.
Captain
# 46
10-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3dz3p85 View Post
any Dev Who Says There Is No Room For Feedback Should Not Be A Dev.
Qft.

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Commander
# 47
10-20-2012, 10:23 AM
Having been a PWI player who recently uninstalled PWI, I am seeing something here even more apocalyptic:

Rep tokens in the C-Store withing a month after S7 releases.

Luckily since PvP is almost non-existent in STO it shouldn;t unbalance the game, it'll only killit like it did PWI.

On another note, PLEASE fix loot system. THIS should be the number one S7 priority. I would like to spend more time shooting at enemies than I do picking up loot boxes and chhosing "NEED" over and over again.
Captain
# 48
10-20-2012, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
I don't see the point of playing a game where you get endgame stuff only if you pay the price. Where's the pride to get endgame gear if you just bought it with some vague time caps and number of mission runs?
Where is the pride ?
At the same place Veteran Titles are .
For Sale .
Career Officer
# 49
10-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3dz3p85 View Post
Any dev who says there is no room for feedback should not be a dev.
I think people are being way to harsh on Borticus. Everyone needs to remember that like ALL of us he has people he answers to. That includes having to do things he may or may not agree with. In fact, if we think about it I'm sure we all can come up with something that we've had to do that bothered others due to our work or method of employment.
Lieutenant
# 50
10-20-2012, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
I think people are being way to harsh on Borticus. Everyone needs to remember that like ALL of us he has people he answers to. That includes having to do things he may or may not agree with. In fact, if we think about it I'm sure we all can come up with something that we've had to do that bothered others due to our work or method of employment.
I agree, but none of that has anything to do with what I said. Having someone you answer to and refusing ALL feedback on a given issue are 2 completely different things.