Captain
# 51
10-22-2012, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfjkadfjkasf View Post
Not sure if this has been raised before but I'm going to raise it here.

I completed an Infected Space Elite (with optional) only to get Omega Marks and 1 elite mark, what happened to the loot box at the end? I know sometimes it contained junk but sometimes it had a nice weapon or console.

It would be a real shame if this was a permanent change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfjkadfjkasf View Post
And still no progress on my original question.

Thread has completely derailed.
I'm pretty sure it is permanent, asdfjkadfjkasf. (why the heck would ANYBODY have such a name? )
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Career Officer
# 52
10-22-2012, 07:18 AM
I'm also a little worried about what happens to ground STFs after this. Ground STFs are more fun than space, most people don't run them because they are terrible at ground. The problem is they take longer and give the same rewards, so why bother anymore?

Giving people rewards for running one easy elite STF once a week is kinda.. meh. ISE is actually a puggable elite STF, which means anyone can do it. I feel that the system really needs to check the optional accolade before letting you advance, at least you know that someone did them at least once.. and nobody stumbles onto the IGE optional. CGE, KAGE can be done with 4 people, but one bad person in IGE wrecks the optional in an instant.
Career Officer
# 53
10-22-2012, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerkorhil View Post
I believe that is the influence of an eastern-world culture.

I suspect in the future we will see more of this "do this - get this reward" kind of thing. I wouldn't be suprised if there was a server-wide removal of loot tables at some point. Meaning enemies no longer drop items at all. Ever.

Everything would be done with dilithium. EC would cease to be a currency (why would they keep it when they dont make money from it) and absolutly everything would be done with dilithium. Then and only then will the change the refining cap.

While that may sound alarmist, most things "endgame" at this point have had a dilithium cost added to them.

* Reputation system tiers = costs dilithium
* Starbase tiers = costs (massive mountains of) dilithium
* Embassy = costs dilithium
* Crafted gear = costs dilithium
* Fleet gear = costs dilithium after paying dilithium to unlock the tiers to gain access
* STF gear = now costs dilithium, for every item available

Many other items: new ships, hybrid weapons, special sets - either come out of a lockbox, the lobi store or the c-store (primarily T5 ships).

Commander
# 54
10-22-2012, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
While that may sound alarmist, most things "endgame" at this point have had a dilithium cost added to them.

* Reputation system tiers = costs dilithium
* Starbase tiers = costs (massive mountains of) dilithium
* Embassy = costs dilithium
* Crafted gear = costs dilithium
* Fleet gear = costs dilithium after paying dilithium to unlock the tiers to gain access
* STF gear = now costs dilithium, for every item available

Many other items: new ships, hybrid weapons, special sets - either come out of a lockbox, the lobi store or the c-store (primarily T5 ships).
Were you backing me up there? Seems like it lol. Thanks.

You mention the lockbox / c-store which you could easily argue cost dilithium. The one store I have a real problem with is the Lobi store. Monetaryly (made up word) speaking it is incredibly expensive. It works out at something like $60 for a console that costs 200 Lobi. (200 lobi @ 5 per box = 40 boxes = 5000 zen = about $60)

How do people not have a problem with this?

Sorry drifting off topic. If only there were something more worth saying about these changes...

Edit: Oh and about ur signature, did you see the new embassy thing has a way for you to get a console that increases threat generation? Its SCIENCE though lol. Now you get to choose between that and shield capacity. Nice choice eh?
Survivor of Romulus
# 55
10-22-2012, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
I'm pretty sure it is permanent, asdfjkadfjkasf. (why the heck would ANYBODY have such a name? )
Where is the proof. From what I have seen in the past it looks like they had to remove it temporarily but will put it back before it goes live. after all folks forget Tribble is a TEST SERVER not every change is going to stay and there is No logical reason money based or otherwise to remove loot so please dont jump to conclusions its like saying "Oh the cstore doesnt work fully on tribble thus they are removing it" iboth you assumption and the example are conclusions jumped to hastely.
Career Officer
# 56
10-22-2012, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaneth2009 View Post
Where is the proof. From what I have seen in the past it looks like they had to remove it temporarily but will put it back before it goes live. after all folks forget Tribble is a TEST SERVER not every change is going to stay and there is No logical reason money based or otherwise to remove loot so please dont jump to conclusions its like saying "Oh the cstore doesnt work fully on tribble thus they are removing it" iboth you assumption and the example are conclusions jumped to hastely.
The reason why he is saying this is because they are currently applying the fleet framework to STFs. The fleet missions have no loot bag at the end, and in light of cryptics behavior, it follows that this would be another thing they would take away from us.
Career Officer
# 57
10-22-2012, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
Edit: Oh and about ur signature, did you see the new embassy thing has a way for you to get a console that increases threat generation? Its SCIENCE though lol. Now you get to choose between that and shield capacity. Nice choice eh?
I'm waiting to see the actual consoles before I comment on it.

If they do what I think they do, which is that they most likely add threat and nothing else - while bizarrely taking up a sci console slot when threat control is a Tactical skill and also forcing you to sacrifice survivability while you intentionally accept more incoming damage...yeah that's not even remotely worth it and is completely backwards in how a threat control boosting item needs to function.

Ok, maybe I didn't wait.

Survivor of Romulus
# 58
10-22-2012, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
The reason why he is saying this is because they are currently applying the fleet framework to STFs. The fleet missions have no loot bag at the end, and in light of cryptics behavior, it follows that this would be another thing they would take away from us.

And my point still stands this is all assumption. They may they may not we DONT know and as the saying goes "asumption is the mother of all ****-ups!" and on tyhese forums folks have a astonishing tendancy to take assumption as fact. I have seen folks leave the game over one persons assumption based on a jaded opinion which later turned out not to be true.

What I am trying to say is assumptons are not helping anyone and can harm more then hekp which is why I take a wait and see attitude or give constructive feedback like in this case everyone making it clear that they DONT want loot bags gone as If I where a dev I would read this so far and go "oh another Cryptic is the devil thread" and leave it before concidering it.

Last edited by yaneth2009; 10-22-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Captain
# 59
10-22-2012, 09:13 AM
Quote:

You mention the lockbox / c-store which you could easily argue cost dilithium. The one store I have a real problem with is the Lobi store. Monetaryly (made up word) speaking it is incredibly expensive. It works out at something like $60 for a console that costs 200 Lobi. (200 lobi @ 5 per box = 40 boxes = 5000 zen = about $60)

How do people not have a problem with this?

Sorry drifting off topic. If only there were something more worth saying about these changes...

Erm, 5000 zen is only 50$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaneth2009 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
That, and I believe I read a post by Borticus that while removing the loot tables, they accidentally removed the associated dilithium. I'll go out to find and quote it.
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
Captain
# 60
10-22-2012, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
The STF reward tables were updated for this push and they contain all the omega marks and elite marks you should get. When they were updated the dilithium was inadvertently removed as a flat reward. They will be back in a release next week.

You can earn dilithium just from the run, as well as from turning in elite marks if you so choose.
Yep, here it is.

Pretty sure "updated for this push" included "We removed the random drop bags".

Edit: Ok, so it was Salami, but you get the point.

*eats Salami for tricking him like that *