Rihannsu
# 11
10-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
You will also be able to obtain Mk XII gear that cannot currently be purchased using Dilithium.
36K for a piece.

That is 225 Zen points (at 160 Dilithium per Zen), now its 3 parts unless you people started adding stuff on it so that is 675 Zen point, assuming the Exchange will not jump back to pre-season 6 rates (that can happen when the Megafleets that so far been catered for will reach Tier 5 and all smaller Fleets had either died or stopped and no, your latest sinks will not change that, if anything it will speed it up).

That is about the price of a T0-T1 ship or shuttle, I suppose those 700 Zen Environmental Suit must have sold as candy because that is pretty much the current cost of a Mk XII set.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 12
10-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
36K for a piece.
That's just for the set pieces which are definitely a cut above the rest.

More standard items, such as the Romulan Plasma weaponry you can unlock via the Romulan Reputation, currently cost 14,205 each for Mk XII.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 13
10-19-2012, 06:35 PM
Quote:
That's just for the set pieces which are definitely a cut above the rest.

More standard items, such as the Romulan Plasma weaponry you can unlock via the Romulan Reputation, currently cost 14,205 each for Mk XII.

Will romulan missions grant dilithium?

Rihannsu
# 14
10-19-2012, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Plus the cost to unlock Store Access and I suspect plus a cost in Romulan Marks.
Career Officer
# 15
10-19-2012, 06:44 PM
I said this and in other threads, its just wrong for them to suddenly charge Dilithium for these Sets.

First of all, there are still quite a bit of people who have been actively playing since December in trying to get these Elite Sets and still have yet to get them. And now, you're taking that way from. Because they now have to start over from scratch, work up that Omega reputation to unlock it, and then pay 10-20k dilthium?

That is JUST WRONG!
Career Officer
# 16
10-19-2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Plus the cost to unlock Store Access and I suspect plus a cost in Romulan Marks.
But... But... You could have all the Mk XII gear you want! You could have 20 bridge officers in it!

*rolls eyes*

Jeremy, my bottom line is that your bosses either want too much for what they're investing or Cryptic is focused on non-cost effective content (some of which may need to be written off as a loss) or your co-workers are lazy and incompetent.

And I don't believe for a second, personally, that any of you are lazy or incompetent and I don't see Cryptic producing content that isn't cost effective, except when they get distracted by shiny systems toys. So I think your bosses are demanding too much return for too little bang.

You can tell 'em I said that... and tell 'em that if I were an employee of Cryptic, I'd probably be spending 30 hours a week on side projects just to feel proud about what I do.

And I'm sure many of you guys are but if the level of reinvestment is strained too hard against the consumer value for the money and that pushes devs to overcompensate on their own time, that will have undocumented costs. And that translates into sick days, wasted training expenses, tired and unproductive workers, and -- in the long run -- employees in the hospital, substance abuse problems, and car accidents.

You can tell Dan Stahl and Jamie Macebo I said that. I'd put my sweat and blood into making these things work if I were in your position -- and I'm sure you're doing just that -- and I'd be EAGER to do that if I could. And I appreciate that you do that. I appreciate the work unsung heroes like Zero and Salami and Jheinig and Kestrel -- and all the folks whose names I don't know -- put in because I think you want to make a product that's worth the money that you can be proud of.

But if the tension to do good work becomes too great when compared to the push for returns, it has human costs and it has business costs.

And I sincerely think too much of you all not to let that be said.

Last edited by stoleviathan99; 10-19-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Career Officer
# 17
10-19-2012, 07:18 PM
So if I get this straight, reputation (which we earn from STFs, missions etc.) unlocks items which we can then buy with Dilithium?

Which means that any credit we get from our EDCs, Proto Tech etc. only gets converted to reputation? Which means even if we max out the reputation system we still have to pay for gear?

So basically you're making us grind missions to unlock an elaborate shop-front to buy gear from?

*speechless*
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012

Last edited by weylandjuarez; 10-19-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 18
10-19-2012, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
So if I get this straight, reputation (which we earn from STFs, missions etc.) unlocks items which we can then buy with Dilithium?

Which means that any credit we get from our EDCs, Proto Tech etc. only gets converted to reputation? Which means even if we max out the reputation system we still have to pay for gear?

So basically you're making us grind missions to unlock an elaborate shop-front to buy gear from?

*speechless*
You're sounding like we have to pay for this gear with real money... which is definitely not required.

I was expecting something of this sort, and I don't mind personally I'll definitely take a look at the items when I get the chance, and go from there
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Career Officer
# 19
10-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
You're sounding like we have to pay for this gear with real money... which is definitely not required.

I was expecting something of this sort, and I don't mind personally I'll definitely take a look at the items when I get the chance, and go from there
So you're fine with grinding STFs just to open a storefront that you can then spend the Dilithium you've earned from those STFs (plus considerably more) to buy gear?

It's the dumbest idea I've heard yet.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Empire Veteran
# 20
10-19-2012, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
So you're fine with grinding STFs just to open a storefront that you can then spend the Dilithium you've earned from those STFs (plus considerably more) to buy gear?

It's the dumbest idea I've heard yet.
If I'm not mistaken, most people are spending their hard-earned Dililthilum on Fleet Starbases, opening up stores that you still have to pay for the newly-opened gear, just with a different currency.

The only difference here is the currencies you're spending to unlock, you still have to buy the new stuff with that same currency. And to me, it's not enough of a difference to actually be worth caring about
Was named Trek17, but still an author.