Commander
# 31
10-19-2012, 08:37 PM
if you put in any kind of PvP specific gear in this game, and it will ruin it, DO NOT do it!

The Nerf of the Borg set is necessary and a long time coming.

Revamping old sets are suppose to be on the menu, Season 7 far as sets look promising
The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-19-2012, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Fleet Marks are rewarded by Fleet Content.
Romulan Marks are rewarded by Romulan Content.
Omega Marks are rewarded by Borg Content.

The only one of these that leaves wiggle room as a possible PvP reward is Fleet Marks, and that continues to be a topic of discussion. But it's a topic with relatively low priority when we're all running around trying to get Season 7 out the door on time.

Would it help at all if I mentioned that we've been kicking concepts for a possible PvP Reputation track?
no, but it might have helped way back if u ever gave a crud personally about pvp, like when doing STOKED or when u first got into the dev team.

thats a great summation of the way it ids, but not the way it should be. pvp should be the main driving force behind this game, not an apparent lackluster little thought of add-on
Commander
# 33
10-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Kerrat and Otha are Borg Content. Shouldn't we get Omega Marks for them?
Rihannsu
# 34
10-19-2012, 09:37 PM
Honestly, as much as I like the Idea of PVP Rep, I like the Idea MORE of being able to PVP to get access to Rep based rewards. Adding it in to the end of a Space/Ground mission (Do 3, get Dilithium and Mark/Rep of choice) would be nice.

Although I can see the problem with "Well if you can just get it from PVP, why do PVE? Simple, make it so that you can obviously get MORE from PVE, but allowing those of us that want to PVP a way to get our Fleet marks and Reps as an alternative would be EXTREMELY helpful. Also, if the Hourly/Daily time gated bonus doesn't effect the PVP mission that is another excuse to go PVE for it if you want to grind/farm for the Rep/Marks.

Either way, that's my thoughts on the subject. And at this rate, any add on like that to PVP would help it more then hurt it.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Rihannsu
# 35
10-19-2012, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guriphu View Post
Agreed. Can't believe I didn't even think of that one.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Lieutenant
# 36
10-19-2012, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Fleet Marks are rewarded by Fleet Content.
Romulan Marks are rewarded by Romulan Content.
Omega Marks are rewarded by Borg Content.

The only one of these that leaves wiggle room as a possible PvP reward is Fleet Marks, and that continues to be a topic of discussion. But it's a topic with relatively low priority when we're all running around trying to get Season 7 out the door on time.

Would it help at all if I mentioned that we've been kicking concepts for a possible PvP Reputation track?
But thats the rub its always "We plan on looking at PvP after we get the next season done" but then the seasons done and its on to the next season and when the PvP community brings up PvP its "Well were all running around getting the next season done" its all
just a little ugly catch 22........
Lieutenant
# 37
10-19-2012, 09:59 PM
Oh and another thought..........

I think they dont want to put any rewards in PvP because then when the general population
of STO start to go into PvP to get these rewards and they see the sorry state of PvP its
gonna be a s^&t storm of crying on the forums to fix it and they have no idea how to....
Banned
# 38
10-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post

Although I can see the problem with "Well if you can just get it from PVP, why do PVE?
Why would anyone want to PvE anyway. You can beat it by literally setting your weapons to max and smashing the space bar.

We PvPers should be rewarded for taking part in the most challenging content of any game. PvP. Instead cryptic keeps rewarding the moronic facerollers that barely installed the game by themselves.

You know what? Fourth Horizon.

F%&k it
Rihannsu
# 39
10-19-2012, 11:16 PM
Quote:
And while they are at it, they could make the warzone missions true dailies again. ^^
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Career Officer
# 40
10-20-2012, 02:27 AM
Quote:
BOOM we have a winnar!

then they could make a "romulan" verson of these (ie take out borg insert romulans) for the same thing. then they could do this for whatever flavor of thw eek alien they make.

problems solved- pvp gets new "content" (maps and things to do) AND we can earn rep and marks.

wouldnt you agree borticus?