Career Officer
# 41
10-20-2012, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Fleet Marks are rewarded by Fleet Content.
Romulan Marks are rewarded by Romulan Content.
Omega Marks are rewarded by Borg Content.

The only one of these that leaves wiggle room as a possible PvP reward is Fleet Marks, and that continues to be a topic of discussion. But it's a topic with relatively low priority when we're all running around trying to get Season 7 out the door on time.

Would it help at all if I mentioned that we've been kicking concepts for a possible PvP Reputation track?
I join the queues with fleet members (Just like the PVE queues)
We use teamwork in order to win (Just like the PVE queues)

I'm sorry, is that not dangerously similar to a ****ing fleet mission?!

I just don't understand. The concept seems so ****ing obvious to me. It really is! But yet here we are having this fleetmark PVP thread again.

When we first asked for it we got no answer at all, probably from hopes of the concept just going away.

When we asked again all we were told that fleet marks were too open to abuse. Despite being told that Cryptic could remove all PVP from the game and it wouldn't harm it's playerbase as a whole even slightly, be Gozer.

We get told in a blog by i think DStahl (I'll find it) that fleet marks in PVP were incoming.

Yet every week we're strung a bit more line "We're discussing it" - "It's in concept groups right now" - "We have some random new guy working on it" - "We're porting tech from NeverWinter that's now way more important then you are, stay tuned for scraps" - "It's on the back burner but expect PVP content in Season 5" - "It's on the back burner but expect PVP content in Season 6" - "It's on the back burner but expect PVP content in Season 7" - "How about 8 or 9, next year guys?"

If you look at the PVP and PVE forum sections, we have more posts and more threads then the entire PVE section, half of them are simply PVPers asking for content as back-rent from Beta.

Last edited by aquitaine985; 10-20-2012 at 03:49 AM.
Captain
# 42
10-20-2012, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
BOOM we have a winnar!

then they could make a "romulan" verson of these (ie take out borg insert romulans) for the same thing. then they could do this for whatever flavor of thw eek alien they make.

problems solved- pvp gets new "content" (maps and things to do) AND we can earn rep and marks.

wouldnt you agree borticus?
They can't even make the zone thats there work now... you think they are going to want to draw new players attention to that. lol

Ya know really though screw all the new content... take your new zone and shove it... just fix whats already out there for one "season". lol
Career Officer
# 43
10-20-2012, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Foundry daily mission is fleet content?
And pvp'ing with a fleet isn't?
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Lieutenant
# 44
10-20-2012, 05:48 AM
Quote:
The only one of these that leaves wiggle room as a possible PvP reward is Fleet Marks, and that continues to be a topic of discussion. But it's a topic with relatively low priority when we're all running around trying to get Season 7 out the door on time.
If this does not change before launch i think where going to lose what ever left of us pvpers
Rihannsu
# 45
10-20-2012, 06:56 AM
+1 omega marks for kerrat.
Also calling foundry one click dailies "fleet content" but pvp not fleet content is a bad joke.
Fleet marks for pvp wrppers need to happen, so i kindly suggest moving that up your priority list pronto. To late to change anything, it is being discussed, blah blah blah you had a whole season to do this.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
# 46
10-20-2012, 07:43 AM
That's sad to hear.

I pvp more than I pve. I wish I could be properly rewarded like pve....

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 10-20-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Captain
# 47
10-20-2012, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Romulan Marks are rewarded by Romulan Content.
Omega Marks are rewarded by Borg Content.

Would it help at all if I mentioned that we've been kicking concepts for a possible PvP Reputation track?
Why don't you give out Fleet Marks for content completed while teamed with your fleet?

So if I run a PvP session with four of my fleet mates, we'll get x Fleet Marks on completion. Fewer fleet mates would reduce the number of FMs given.

How about that?
Lieutenant
# 48
10-20-2012, 08:04 AM
I feel like this may be a great opportunity for the PvP community to think up some new PvP content, which could reward marks. Going with warzone or scenario based ideas, I'm sure we could come up with 1 new ground/space PvP match with a fleet focus, and 1/1 with a Romulan focus. Diversified PvP, and marks for PvP in one go seems like a great idea to me.

Romulan ground idea:
In a vie for favour, Starfleet and Klingon forces clash while assisting with a Romulan colonial evacuation.

Gameplay:
Defend Romulan colonists as they make their way to the evacuation zone.
Teams fight for control over the evacuation zone (king of the hill essentially).
Once enough colonists have made their way to the evacuation zone, the team with the most hold points wins.

Last edited by esuzi; 10-20-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 49
10-20-2012, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
Why don't you give out Fleet Marks for content completed while teamed with your fleet?

So if I run a PvP session with four of my fleet mates, we'll get x Fleet Marks on completion. Fewer fleet mates would reduce the number of FMs given.

How about that?
That would make too much sense. Right now the only think "fleet" missions have to do with a fleet is that you need to be in one to queue for them, which makes it all the more of a joke that you can't get fleet marks for pvp because its not "fleet" content.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 50
10-20-2012, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
Also calling foundry one click dailies "fleet content" but pvp not fleet content is a bad joke.
Ok. You got me nodding along with this.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...