Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14,497
# 31
10-21-2012, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
You can say what you will but NO ONE wants the doff grinder changes, I don't think anyone is overreacting about that.
Some people claim that this change will have a butterfly effect that will destroy fleets by causing SB/embassy progression to grind to a halt..... Thus causing large numbers of players to give up in disgust.

*chuckle snort* Yeah right.

Is it necessarily beneficial? No. Is it a player requested feature? No. It's something the Devs added because they think it will help game balance. Considering the number of players who seem to think the compactor is the number 1 source for purple doffs..... yeah it probably WAS too cheap before.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 61
# 32
10-21-2012, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klytemnestra1 View Post
Overall, from what I have seen of the release, it seems good. I did get to start my reputation missions, and I did look over the Embassy missions for the Tribble fleet.

Although some people have predicted doom and gloom, I do not share this opinion.

Into the Hive:

I did get to play this, and it seems short. The Borg Queen kept getting stuck on the level below which had caused the party to have to commit suicide which prevents the team from completing the optional task.

Mine Trap:

I had fun on this mission. It took me a couple of rounds of doing the mission to get the hang of it, but once I knew what to do, it was very easy to do.

Azure Nebula:

This was an easy mission. The players just fly around and shoot at Tholians and save some Romulans.

Reputation system

This seems strait forward to me. A player just follows the progression arc for the different tiers and gets Captain powers and a set of Omega Gear.

I still have questions about how the Expert Omega Marks are rewarded.

If this system is intended to be how future player zones and story-lines are added in the game, then I think it gives the developers a nice method for expanding the game without having to restructure the level cap. However, it does create a problem in that, the developers will have to keep coming up with new captain powers.

My only concern was the cycles between task. It was stated that Reputation task require a 40 hour cycle and the embassy task require a 20 hour cycle. This seems backwards to me. I would think a individual player would prefer a shorter cycle between task and the embassy task which involves more people would require a longer cycle.

Summary:

Right now, the new release is in fragments. Until I see the entire system in actual practice, it is hard for me to predict anything. On the test server, we do not really get to see the tasks for the embassy system as a planner. So far, I think everything I have been exposed to is okay. The Gateway system is very nice.

Thank you.
I believe idea good but they forgot small fleets working base project and new will not let really play from dailys and like to play game but it takes so long to dailys now does not let players really enjoy the game many small fleets are forcing them to bigger fleets but fleets are not taking 30 toons so we need to revamp idea for solo toons of thirty or less on a account need to really look at cost and time for them.

Last edited by kuwayuo; 10-21-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 61
# 33
10-21-2012, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuwayuo View Post
I believe idea good but they forgot small fleets working base project and new will not let really play from dailys and like to play game but it takes so long to dailys now does not let players really enjoy the game many small fleets are forcing them to bigger fleets but fleets are not taking 30 toons so we need to revamp idea for solo toons of thirty or less on a account need to really look at cost and time for them.
if i contiue the game which i to like we need better grinding and better slot that a commotities with 50 on holo deck very poor and even the 100 sloting being poor dev if i got to buy it in 1000's for bacic supplies still need better than 10 clicks to do
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 61
# 34
10-21-2012, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klytemnestra1 View Post
Overall, from what I have seen of the release, it seems good. I did get to start my reputation missions, and I did look over the Embassy missions for the Tribble fleet.

Although some people have predicted doom and gloom, I do not share this opinion.

Into the Hive:

I did get to play this, and it seems short. The Borg Queen kept getting stuck on the level below which had caused the party to have to commit suicide which prevents the team from completing the optional task.

Mine Trap:

I had fun on this mission. It took me a couple of rounds of doing the mission to get the hang of it, but once I knew what to do, it was very easy to do.

Azure Nebula:

This was an easy mission. The players just fly around and shoot at Tholians and save some Romulans.

Reputation system

This seems strait forward to me. A player just follows the progression arc for the different tiers and gets Captain powers and a set of Omega Gear.

I still have questions about how the Expert Omega Marks are rewarded.

If this system is intended to be how future player zones and story-lines are added in the game, then I think it gives the developers a nice method for expanding the game without having to restructure the level cap. However, it does create a problem in that, the developers will have to keep coming up with new captain powers.

My only concern was the cycles between task. It was stated that Reputation task require a 40 hour cycle and the embassy task require a 20 hour cycle. This seems backwards to me. I would think a individual player would prefer a shorter cycle between task and the embassy task which involves more people would require a longer cycle.

Summary:

Right now, the new release is in fragments. Until I see the entire system in actual practice, it is hard for me to predict anything. On the test server, we do not really get to see the tasks for the embassy system as a planner. So far, I think everything I have been exposed to is okay. The Gateway system is very nice.

Thank you.
it is a fragment but if you recall many fleets only want active players and large fleet are currently near tier 4 and will be able to do both while going to tier 5 small fleet like mine are just trying to get a project off with in a day or two now adding would kill small fleets and solo toons like me and i finally got all toons together and dev were promiing small fleets and by looks of it should been assimulated for there lies.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 35
10-22-2012, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnooob View Post
Changing the borg set is pointless. why fix something that isn't broken. why nerf something that really didn't need a nerf. How about instead of a nerf you offer something new a shiney for people to try and get.

It is broke. It's the defacto gear standard because it's too good. People use 3x Borg + MACO/HG shields because nothing else really compares. You can't prop everything else up because of power creep. Healing in general is already too strong, and this helps remedy that.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,502
# 36
10-22-2012, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
Thanks for your feedback. I wanted to reply to the 40 hour vs 20 hour comment. We made the fleet project timer shorter because if you're even a smaller fleet you can almost guarantee you'll have someone on every day so they can contribute. You can't guarantee that YOU will be on every day. By making the timer 40 hours we ensure that you dont have to log in every single day to be running at maximum efficiency. If you do log on every day you could run Omega one day and Romulan the next and by having the offset you'll always have a project to fill each day.

why does the Reputation System need a Timer anyway?

i'm a single player, it is not like i would require the game to tell me when or how much to play.
either i have the stuff to fill the next project or i don't in which case i will take the time that i want to spend and play, or go at it the next day.

i don't see a reason to add any kind of timer to these projects other than to stretch out the system artificially.

Anyway, i have 11 Characters, if you make me wait too long through artificial delays (for whatever type of content!) i will just jump to the next character and keep playing with that one (and yes most of my 11 Chars do the STFs).

I'm here to play, not to wait.
And that is true for people who can spend 12 hours a day playing STO and for people who can spend 3 hours every 3 days.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 37
10-22-2012, 03:23 AM
The timer is there to simply slow you down. Because if you finished everything too quickly, you might notice there is not much else to do - aka lack of meaningful content.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,924
# 38
10-22-2012, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
Tribble currently is a dead desolate graveyard with no one in the STF ques.

If it's like this when this stuff goes live we need alternate means of earning Omega marks!
---------------///////

This post speaks like a clap of Thunder
At 5:17 pm
Wow
Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,502
# 39
10-22-2012, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
It is broke. It's the defacto gear standard because it's too good. People use 3x Borg + MACO/HG shields because nothing else really compares. You can't prop everything else up because of power creep. Healing in general is already too strong, and this helps remedy that.
Not true, not true at all.

It already got nerfed to compare to the other Sets stats wise.
The Heals are not that good, and they fire randomly, usually at the worst time to do so.
The Shields are just to flimsy for anything... and the Tractor Beam is not very usefull for STFs so it's the logical choice to use a higher cap Shield.


But the real reason so many People use the Borg Set is because it is EASY TO GET. 15 EDC + 1 Mission for the console and it's DONE.
The Maco and Omega, even the Aegis Sets are HARD to get,
either because it takes lots of Time (leveling up an obsolete and outdated Crafting System because of one set) or is a Randomly dropping Item.




Add to that, that none of the Sets that have shown up recently are any kind of must have Items. They dont LOOK that awesome and the Stats are rather *meh* even the abilities are on huge Cooldowns which makes them just as good as any other C-Store console.

IMHO by now you could take a XII Purple Shield / Deflector / Engine combination that suits your skills and build and be better off than with any of the Sets this game has produced recently.
BUT that would require knowing the math behind all of the skilltree and what you are going for and searching for the right Items... and not many people really care about that kind of stuff (who would really understand, even after the skilltree noobification) what a Deflector exactly does...
and all that in a game that is so ridiculously easy that it doesn't seem to matter anyway how you are skilled or what items you have.
At worst you have to shoot the NPC 2 seconds longer.


Anyway, i don't like the Borg Set anymore since they nerfed it the first time, i'm just too lazy to get rid of it on 11 Chars.
I think 3 or 4 use something else by now, but matter of the fact is that it is a viable endgame set, even with the flimsy Shield, and that everything else is either to specific, or just too hard to get to *just swap it out*.

The Shield is usually just the first thing to get thrown out, and the rest follows when you have the complete MACO XII set or whatever.


And not to forget, those Borg Engines are the FASTEST for Sector Space travel so they are even with other Sets still a must have for many players.

And thats the next thing, it is annoying to swap out the engines every time you enter Sector Space... but you still reach your destination faster if you do it anyway.
Warp 10 and Warp 20 are a bit of a difference...
add more Warp speeds to other Sets, and mostly make the MACO set 1 faster than the Borg Set and half the user base will go for it.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,502
# 40
10-22-2012, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
The timer is there to simply slow you down. Because if you finished everything too quickly, you might notice there is not much else to do - aka lack of meaningful content.
but i notice that anyway...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:35 PM.