Lt. Commander
So I did my second rounds of Hard Deferi Invazion missions today, and on the last one I did I got my first Prosthetic drop!!!

I was very giddy at first about it, but that feeling quickly turned to disappointment when I found that its absolutely useless for fighting borg.

I mean Borg technology is kinda supposed to be the achilles heel of the Borg, and I thought part of the idea of the Ground Invasion was to get new cool rewards that would be helpful in our fight against the Borg.

But the rate of fire of the Prosthetics just ruins it.
I cannot even take out a single ordinary Borg Drone before I need to remodulate.

I think the devs needs to tweak these guns and either reduce the rate of fire and beef up the damage, or somehow tweak it so the Borg cannot adapt as quickly against them.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-27-2011, 06:23 PM
I picked up two of these tonight: the maintenance one and the medical one. They're neat weapons, but terrible for fighting the borg with them. Other factions... they rock.

I was disappointed because they're called "prosthetics" but they are just guns with a borg skin, they don't attach to your character's arm like an actual borg prosthetic would.

Other than that, nice weapons for my borg BOffs.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-27-2011, 06:30 PM
Perhaps they are supposed to be useful for PvP?

EDIT: Logically, the borg themselves would carry weapons that worked best against THEIR enemies, i.e. us, rather than weapons that worked best against them, so I guess it makes sense.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-28-2011, 01:06 AM
The best ground weapon against the borg will always will be a Tommy Gun.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-28-2011, 01:11 AM
Quote:
This!
...so when are we getting Tommy guns
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-28-2011, 01:15 AM
The one thing I don't like about the Borg Prosthetic weapons is that they aren't wrist blasters or arm attachments like the Borg have. Instead they are somekind of monsterous minigun that looks like it came out of Cog than off a Borg Drone.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-28-2011, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiang View Post
This!
...so when are we getting Tommy guns
They are the next grab bag item. So start saving your money now. :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-28-2011, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by machocyclone View Post
What she said.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-28-2011, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Vale_Cortez
What she said.
We are so advanced that a 500 year old gun is a better weapon than what we can make.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-28-2011, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
We are so advanced that a 500 year old gun is a better weapon than what we can make.
Yup. Just think about it. Trek in all of its glory is light based when it comes to weaponry and defense. Phasor and Deflector shields. So ships and people aren't actually protected from "low tech" things like a bullet.

Besides. Today in the real world we are really advanced but that doesn't stop us from dying when someone pokes us with a sharp stick. And spears are ancient of ancient tech.

Lastly I leave you with Sir Issac Newton:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLpgxry542M

EDIT: This thread has been closed due to being a "necro" thread. Remember, if a thread has not been posted to in over 30 days, please start a new thread to discuss a topic Thanks! ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 12-21-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Closed Thread