Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Ensign
There was a federation player in the Klingon homeworld shipyard killing NPC's preventing me from buying my new ship per my new rank and then from customizing my new ship. When told to leave he said a GM had granted him access because theyre fleet was supported by the GM's. His name is Sterie@krysinsk

Here are two screen shots of him and things he was saying.

http://www.theqcontinuum.com/screen shots.docx
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-20-2012, 09:24 PM
I highly doubt a GM would do that because it impacts the gameplay for those who don't know how to adjust for losing NPCs. There is a way to access KDF maps as a fed and vice versa but I'm not sure how it is done. If it happens again, just change instances and the NPC you need should still be in another instance.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-20-2012, 09:54 PM
Grob, you need to take that @handle name down, its against forum rules to post others game names, it can get you banned from the forums.

Also kdf players have been doing this to federation on esd forever, so its nice to see payback for a change, if you had a problem, you just switch instances. Simple as that and report him.
Commander
# 4
10-21-2012, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan512 View Post
Grob, you need to take that @handle name down, its against forum rules to post others game names, it can get you banned from the forums.

Also kdf players have been doing this to federation on esd forever, so its nice to see payback for a change, if you had a problem, you just switch instances. Simple as that and report him.
Reporting is utterly worthless. I've seen the same player trying to kill J'mpok multiple times after I've reported him.
Career Officer
# 5
10-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan512 View Post

Reporting does nothing. The GM's may not have the power to ban/remove them and it seems to me, and this is merely my personal opinion, that the Dev's are unconcerned that players of either faction are being griefed.

And as to the payback comment -- that is just utterly banal. I have Fed and KDF characters and I have never griefed either faction so what have I done to deserve 'payback'?

If the griefers can't enjoy the game for the game's sake then they should just leave and let others enjoy it. Ultimately, though, the game developers should fix the exploits before they create even more bad feeling from their player base!

This is not a flame or a backstab or a snide dig at either the GM's or the Developer's. I have had no dealings with the GM's to make such a dig and the developer's, in general, are doing a wonderful job. It is, however, a post based on my concern that those griefers are lessening the enjoyment of the game for many players and the cross-faction exploit is not a new one and should be addressed.

Last edited by michaelteigue; 10-22-2012 at 02:04 AM.
Ensign
# 6
10-21-2012, 06:32 PM
I have never understood the griefing mentality. I was raised to "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". I don't think it's funny or enjoyable to ruin other people's game time by killing the npc's they're trying talk to or by filling the air with smoke so that they can't see where they're going, etc. I certainly don't deserve to have it be done to me.

I've reported the griefing in Qo'nos in the hopes that if ENOUGH people complain something will be done.
Captain
# 7
10-21-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm pretty sure we're at war... Attacking another capital city is just natural. Though without an ingame achievement for that I'd rather not be bothered.

This is our reply for your fellow Klingons' attack on ESD some time ago. Much lulz were had back then, and we have to thank you for all the screenshots we got sitting in the vacant Admiral's chair!

Griefing is bad, but you can easily organize a raid yourself and counterattack.

I'm just glad no one can kill the auctioneers unlike another game where mists have parted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Captain
# 8
10-21-2012, 07:05 PM
Add a line of code giving Npc , guards included. insta kill
Attacks if there attacked
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Captain
# 9
10-21-2012, 07:07 PM
Earlier today I encountered a battle in the Great Hall on Qo'noS - a few Fed players were battling with Worf and some other NPCs. They appeared to be trying to reach J'mpok, but the Yan-Isleth were keeping them busy.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Commander
# 10
10-21-2012, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
I'm pretty sure we're at war... Attacking another capital city is just natural. Though without an ingame achievement for that I'd rather not be bothered.

This is our reply for your fellow Klingons' attack on ESD some time ago. Much lulz were had back then, and we have to thank you for all the screenshots we got sitting in the vacant Admiral's chair!

Griefing is bad, but you can easily organize a raid yourself and counterattack.

I'm just glad no one can kill the auctioneers unlike another game where mists have parted.
I might have almost agreed with you if it had just been the annoyance of some moved NPCs, but even then it's still problematic for new players. But now they're deliberately attacking other players by way of NPC chain attacks.