Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
# 11
10-22-2012, 04:51 AM
Well, I see from logging in to both factions this morning that the griefers are back. This time both KDF and Starfleet are griefing each others 'capitals'. Why? This is griefing, purely and simply. It isn't, as some have said, a raid. A raid is sanctioned and has an objective. To the best of my knowledge there is no sanctioned objective to the idiocy that is ruining this game for many.

Come on, Cryptic ... block those exploits so that the majority of your players can enjoy the game. Don't leave them open for the mindless minority. The first time it happened it may have been an amusing novelty, the second time it may have been a mild annoyance ... but as an every day event it is downright tedious.

I paid to play this game and I deserve to be able to do so without being griefed in my factions capital which, as I have already said, to the best of my knowledge is not a PvP arena nor a raid event. If you want to make it a PvP/raid event then create one instance of both First City and ESD where they can do that to their little hearts' content and let those of us who do not PvP have the rest as inviolable 'safe' environments?

I don't think that is asking too much, really.

Last edited by michaelteigue; 10-22-2012 at 05:21 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 12
10-22-2012, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamberly View Post
I have never understood the griefing mentality. I was raised to "do unto others as you would have them do unto you"
Same here, i simply cannot understand what's fun in ruining something for someone else!
Empire Veteran
# 13
10-22-2012, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
Add a line of code giving Npc , guards included. insta kill
Attacks if there attacked
They already did this on ESD where security personnel now attack KDF faction players as soon as they beam in. In Cryptic's usual manner the consequences weren't very well thought through which becomes painfully obvious if you seduce one of those ninja buffed NPCs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelteigue View Post
Come on, Cryptic ... block those exploits so that the majority of your players can enjoy the game. Don't leave them open for the mindless minority. The first time it happened it may have been an amusing novelty, the second time it may have been a mild annoyance ... but as an every day event it is downright tedious.
This would require that Cryptic maintain at least a basic QA process. They have proven over and over that revenue is more important to them than the quality of their code and the players' game experience. Personally I find this to be more offensive to Gene Roddenberry's legacy than the griefing itself. I hope CBS is clever enough to license the Star Trek IP to more companies so that the current monopoly situation will go away. Perhaps Cryptic would re-evaluate their current customer communication policy then and start listening to what their customers want.

Accolades checklist.
Broken accolades... too many to keep track of.
Zorgun is dead!
Empire Veteran
# 14
10-22-2012, 11:32 AM
Yeah just saw a fed player using a dividian gun to kill npcs required for new KDF players to turn in certain missions to move forward in the leveling progression. They really should be fixing this issue because as low as kdf population is this is unacceptable behavior. Even if majority of KDF players could do this to ESD you wouldn't see them doing it...
Career Officer
# 15
10-22-2012, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
Yeah just saw a fed player using a dividian gun to kill npcs required for new KDF players to turn in certain missions to move forward in the leveling progression. They really should be fixing this issue because as low as kdf population is this is unacceptable behavior. Even if majority of KDF players could do this to ESD you wouldn't see them doing it...
You must be new to STO. KDF players have/had been doing the same thing with ESD NOCs since 2009 closed beta
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Empire Veteran
# 16
10-22-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
You must be new to STO. KDF players have/had been doing the same thing with ESD NOCs since 2009 closed beta
New? ROFL But you got your facts messed up you might want to get them right next time

I know the bulk of the majority of people who are invested into the KDF and I can say for a FACT those people couldn't be bothered to do anything like that.

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 10-22-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Career Officer
# 17
10-22-2012, 02:22 PM
Like in most games it is the minority and their lapdogs that cause the problems and the majority that suffer. If only people would grow up and stop causing grief for their fellow players then STO would be a far happier place.
Empire Veteran
# 18
11-09-2012, 01:23 AM
In other words, still nothing is done to fix this?

Great, guess we should keep this thread active for as long as possible...perhaps "someone" will eventually listen!
Career Officer
# 19
11-09-2012, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
And yet certain instances of ESD remain naffed-up, with security teams wandering around with their weapons drawn, proving that KDF HAVE been on ESD.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Empire Veteran
# 20
11-09-2012, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
And yet certain instances of ESD remain naffed-up, with security teams wandering around with their weapons drawn, proving that KDF HAVE been on ESD.
And that makes it alright for others to do this as well?

We should stop "pointing fingers" at each other and simply urge Cryptic (or anyone) to do something about grieving!