Starfleet Veteran
# 11
10-21-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoryfive View Post
I highly doubt that the Borg have developed racism (or the species equivalent) since their last appearance on TV and in the movies.
In a recent episode of Voyager 7 of 9 said they didn't assimilate the Khazon because the Borg already had a higher level of technology so they wouldn't assimilate them because it would take away from moving towards perfection. So whether or not the Horta would be assimilated depends on if it would move them closer to perfection.

That's in the series anyway. In STO we have assimilated Tribbles so any argument is futile.
Career Officer
# 12
10-21-2012, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoryfive View Post
It was? I could have sworn they didn't kill the Horta - instead healing it - after the "No kill I" incident. Sure, they can give them a vaporization animation, but I don't recall seeing a Horta be killed like that, let alone at all during the TV series.
LMBAO!!!

I totally had it backwards...I meant the MUGATO! lol my bad!
Captain
# 13
10-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psymantis View Post
That's in the series anyway. In STO we have assimilated Tribbles so any argument is futile.

1. Tribbles are small, likely to be missed during lifesign scans.
2. This also gives them the ability to fit into ridiculously tiny places.
3. Tribbles are well known to be harmless. People randomly pick them up and kick them around all the time.
4. Tribbles can eat massive amounts of food. We see them emptying an entire starbase stock worth of food in a matter of hours.
5. Tribbles are defenseless, making them incredibly easy to assimilate.
6. It is very easy to make more tribbles.

Yes, tribbles could be very useful to the Borg...
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Really? Mining mini-game (which is essentially a modified scan mini-game), was added only a few months ago.
You just defeated your own point in the same sentence.
Career Officer
# 15
10-21-2012, 12:51 PM
I, for one, would like to see Horta duty officers. They are sentient and the Janus VI inhabitants members of the Federation, after all. Plus, there could be other Horta colonies on planets aligned with the other major powers (cf. "Enemy Mine").
Leipzig University, 1409-2409
Republic Veteran
# 16
10-21-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
3. Tribbles are well known to be harmless. People randomly pick them up and kick them around all the time.
4. Tribbles can eat massive amounts of food. We see them emptying an entire starbase stock worth of food in a matter of hours.

Did no one see GALAXY QUEST!!!!

Captain
# 17
10-21-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by standupguy86 View Post
You just defeated your own point in the same sentence.
I did? The mining mini-game is considered it's own "minigame" despite it's similarities to the scan mini-game. The mining thing came only a few months ago. Not "ages ago" like the OP suggested. Although I suppose that depends on how you define "ages ago".
Captain
# 18
10-21-2012, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post

Not necessarily.

If their tribble tendencies get into the hivemind, then we could look at a Borg collective that just sits in their cubes in space... doing little but eating what comes their way, and cooing cutely when you pet a drone on the head.
Captain
# 19
10-21-2012, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by red01999 View Post
Not necessarily.

If their tribble tendencies get into the hivemind, then we could look at a Borg collective that just sits in their cubes in space... doing little but eating what comes their way, and cooing cutely when you pet a drone on the head.
While I could argue that billions upon billions of minds could easily override anything hiccups a tribble would provide, I will admit that would be strangely adorable.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Republic Veteran
# 20
10-21-2012, 10:34 PM
I am glad this thread did not devolve into a torrent of wailing rage and angst like some other threads lately.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"