Career Officer
# 11
10-22-2012, 08:10 AM
That all tells me that IGE and CGE will probably die out very soon.

Who in their right mind would play a potentially failing STF if you get the same rewards from just playing any STF?

IGE has a high chance of failing the optional, optional in Season 7 = +25% marks, nobody is going to want it to fail now, so lets go for the stfs with the easy optionals.

CGE? Heck with Armek at the end and the possibility of the team already failing mid map at the puzzles... who is going to play that lengthy STF ever again?

For the Accolades maybe but thats about it.

Having one piece of gear at the end of every STF made a whole lot of sense if you look at it that way.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
10-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Yeah, having each STF reward somthing unique was actually what kept them alive.

If there is just some generic marks, the system will be reduced to "go the way of least resistance".
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-22-2012, 09:58 AM
i would like to give a suggestion to the devs at cryptic.

could you please remove the 8k dilithium cap as it is pointless, i mean why cap it? makes no sense at all.
if you want more people to play this game then please for the sake of the game listen to your customers/players as they know what is best for the game.

i mean c'mon don't you think you have fleeced us enough already of our hard earned wages, we spend enough of it here so why not give back what we are requesting please.

also (while i am on my preachers box) could you please for the love of god either remove the cap on the fleet banks or at least increase the slot sizes?

many thanks for your attention on this matter.

but i guess it will fall on deaf ears, as usual.

i am seriously considering dropping this game as it has turned out that the developers dont give a toss about the players to make the people fall in love with the game like we did when we first started to play this.

get back to the basics.
Career Officer
# 14
10-22-2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
That all tells me that IGE and CGE will probably die out very soon.

Who in their right mind would play a potentially failing STF if you get the same rewards from just playing any STF?

IGE has a high chance of failing the optional, optional in Season 7 = +25% marks, nobody is going to want it to fail now, so lets go for the stfs with the easy optionals.

CGE? Heck with Armek at the end and the possibility of the team already failing mid map at the puzzles... who is going to play that lengthy STF ever again?

For the Accolades maybe but thats about it.

Having one piece of gear at the end of every STF made a whole lot of sense if you look at it that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
Yeah, having each STF reward somthing unique was actually what kept them alive.

If there is just some generic marks, the system will be reduced to "go the way of least resistance".
Very good points. Not sure why the Dev Team didn't even think of that.

Which means that only ISE would be played, since that's the easiest and fastest of the STFs.

Honestly, not sure why they have to once again reinvent the STFs with this Reputation system. Why couldn't they complement the existing one and simply add new equipment that's offered when unlocking the Omega Reputation Tiers? Return old gear like the Borg Bat'elth and offer newer versions like a Mk12 version? Or the Borg Kit and add others like Engineer and Tactical versions.
Captain
# 15
10-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
As well as the marks in S7 you'll need 36k dilithium to buy one part, that's after you grind your Omega Rep to tier 5 to be able to buy MK XII parts and said grind will be around 80k dilithium total and over 1500 marks.

Source.
Currently the only real reason to grind dilithium is to convert to Zen for C-Store stuff, like ships, etc. So S7 is going to make that much harder, unless you already have that Borg gear.

With more things to spend Dilithium on we are more likely to put more real money into the game for them to profit off of or wait for the stipend to trickle in... Right?
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
Each Elite STF has a chance to award a player with 1 type of Prototype Tech that can be traded for certain elite requisition.

If you want the Elite weapon you need to run Cure Ground Elite and hope the Prototype Weapon Tech drops.

Each Elite STF has a chance to drop these as either Rare or Prototype varients:

Cure Space Elite -> Engine Tech
Cure Ground Elite -> Weapon Tech
Infected Space Elite -> Shield Tech
Infected Ground Elite -> PSG Tech
Khitomer Accord Space Elite -> Deflector Tech
Khitomer Accord Ground Elite -> Armor Tech
ok i have done the cure elite ground 1o times now and it has dropped the Prototype Weapon Tech 3 times but i am getting a bit fed up as it only seems to be the Mk XI version of the veteran and not the elite weapons Mk XII version.

i am a level 50 admiral, whats going on here?
am i missing something?
Captain
# 17
10-22-2012, 03:46 PM
The drop rates for the proto tech is very, very low. You just have to hope you get lucky as there is no real way to improve your odds of getting it.

I played 289 elite stfs before I got my complete Ground Set 12s, and that was only one set.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-22-2012, 03:48 PM
289?

man must of took you months to get your 12's
Captain
# 19
10-22-2012, 03:51 PM
Yeah, I had resigned myself to using 11s and then all of a sudden they dropped while I was chasing the accolade. Still have to get the other set though....