Captain
# 11
10-22-2012, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
It is the short side of being able to shot at pretty much anything outside their firing range...
Bingo, low DPS, high burst damage, much as it should be.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
10-22-2012, 05:55 AM
What's taking so long isn't the trigger... it is the aiming to make the shot count and effective with a relatively low damage weapon.

And I agree, a lot of the time the snipr shot is redundant with the enemies dying so fast.
but sniping from beyond the trigger lines is what enables most teams to get the optional in Infected.

Something that would be a whole lot harder if we had to move into aggro range of every single Borg in a room.

So it is situational... A good and necessary weapon in infected... a redundant one in Khitomer...
Career Officer
# 13
10-22-2012, 05:58 AM
To be honest, there's no such thing as a "sniper" rifle anyway. Its just a long rifle with a scope.
Captain
# 14
10-22-2012, 06:01 AM
i kinda agree. while it is a nice weapon how it is, i think maybe some time needs to be taken off the prefire of the sniper shot..

like many have said, by the time the gun shoots what you are aiming at is usually dead..

but then i tend to only use the sniper on bosses and they dont die so quickly.

the sniper riffle isnt meant to be an all around gun..

you really need 1 or 2 more weapon slots.. or being able to switch while in combat.. thats a real issue.
Captain
# 15
10-22-2012, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
And I agree, a lot of the time the snipr shot is redundant with the enemies dying so fast.
but sniping from beyond the trigger lines is what enables most teams to get the optional in Infected.
honestly i think splitbeams are more successful (snipers innate push-back is a hindrance to the optional)

But back to the sniper secondary fire, im honestly happy with it the way it is, you get a big ol' spike hit on an exposed enemy, if you want quick expoit attacks, use a split beam/compression bolt hand weapon
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
10-22-2012, 06:24 AM
But Split beam risks some extra aggro which i dn't always want... and that would leave high density beam for high range which has an even higher push back effect...

Damn.. why does it all have to have a downside?
Career Officer
# 17
10-22-2012, 06:57 AM
*sigh* i hate split beam.... there was never any "split beam" on the TV show, completely made up by Cryptic... who had that silly idea anyway?

As if a Weapon could identify who the enemy is on it's own... and then shoot at such odd angles.

Nah i won't use those even if they were good for something in the game they are just too immersion breaking for me ... and yes i just said that.
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
10-22-2012, 07:03 AM
Hm, I could imagine a splitbeam working if the weapon has something liek a laser tag function .

You mark the targets manually and take them all down at the same time... i could see that being a good apllication. but aiming would probably take longer than the sniper in "reality"
Empire Veteran
# 19
10-22-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
*sigh* i hate split beam.... there was never any "split beam" on the TV show, completely made up by Cryptic... who had that silly idea anyway?

As if a Weapon could identify who the enemy is on it's own... and then shoot at such odd angles.

Nah i won't use those even if they were good for something in the game they are just too immersion breaking for me ... and yes i just said that.
Actually, splitbeam mode was show on Voyager. In one episode Tuvok had to disable a room of crew members and switched his rifle to a splitbeam and pretty much shot everyone with one trigger pull.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Captain
# 20
10-22-2012, 08:31 AM
What I would like to see, is:

1.) the enemy's "exposed" state is locked in at the start of your aiming instead of being evaluated at the time of impact. In other words if you start aiming at somebody and they are exposed, your hit will count as them being exposed even if they aren't by the time the shot gets there. Having other people "steal" your expose while you're in the middle of aiming and literally can't do anything about it, is very annoying.

2.) if a target dies before you finish charging your shot, then the shot is canceled, and the cooldown time is not triggered.