Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lieutenant
I know it sound Strange but I meet a player in the Queues Last Night who I know is predominantly a PvE player.

He was in fact one of the DJ's from subspace Radio and I asked "What are you doing in PvP" when I seen him. He answered for the Dil he was doing his PvP arena dailies to get all he could before season 7 and this was his 1st time pvping since near Launch.

So with a reduction in the rewards from STF's do you think PvP will...

1 Stay the same and continue to its Demise

2 See an influx of players as more people do their PvP daily's

3 Zombie Apocalypse lots of players AFK'ing and completing their Dailies for Free.

What do you think ?
Make It STO Podcast Click Here
Empire Veteran
# 2
10-30-2012, 07:26 PM
We will see what we will see when we see it.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Captain
# 3
10-30-2012, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagolsneaky View Post
3 Zombie Apocalypse lots of players AFK'ing and completing their Dailies for Free.
This!

And yes, matches will last days - as neither side budges to do anything so the match ends.
Commander
# 4
10-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
We will see what we will see when we see it.
agreed. Once we know what we'll know once we learn it, time will then tell if time was all that was needed to fix all the crap thats happened over time. We'll see...
Community Moderator
# 5
10-31-2012, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagolsneaky View Post
I know it sound Strange but I meet a player in the Queues Last Night who I know is predominantly a PvE player.

He was in fact one of the DJ's from subspace Radio and I asked "What are you doing in PvP" when I seen him. He answered for the Dil he was doing his PvP arena dailies to get all he could before season 7 and this was his 1st time pvping since near Launch.

So with a reduction in the rewards from STF's do you think PvP will...

1 Stay the same and continue to its Demise

2 See an influx of players as more people do their PvP daily's

What do you think ?
Haha he wasn't a bad player either that's the fun part It was a good team we got running, and I hope we'll see him around more.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Career Officer
# 6
10-31-2012, 02:12 AM
Sure PvP will become more valuable as a source of Dili. This will lead to:

1. More players coming just for the dili.
2. Some of these new players will be wiped a few times, and then become regular AFKers.
3. Some will face similarly inexperienced players, and will have a blast of a n00b fight, allowing the monster of PvP addiction to sink it's claws into them!
4. = Profit!

(That said, I believe s7 will also introduse some other ways of making Dili, so maybe PvP Dili will not increase in value after all...)

What I fear is not AFKers... I fear players who will try to finish the match as soon as possible... T1 ships and no shields... charging full speed towards the enemy...
Captain
# 7
10-31-2012, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dassemsto View Post
What I fear is not AFKers... I fear players who will try to finish the match as soon as possible... T1 ships and no shields... charging full speed towards the enemy...
Hey, there's a shuttle thread around here somewhere...no?
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-31-2012, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Sure PvP will become more valuable as a source of Dili. This will lead to:

1. More players coming just for the dili.
2. Some of these new players will be wiped a few times, and then become regular AFKers.
3. Some will face similarly inexperienced players, and will have a blast of a n00b fight, allowing the monster of PvP addiction to sink it's claws into them!
4. = Profit!

(That said, I believe s7 will also introduse some other ways of making Dili, so maybe PvP Dili will not increase in value after all...)

we will fight such foul play with griefing. simply warp out on afkers so they waste an hour and get nothing. we need to fight back, if someone is so low brow they t1 no shields in pvp, hope they had fun that one time, as theyll be ostracized mass ignored and warped on.
Career Officer
# 9
10-31-2012, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoejoe View Post
we will fight such foul play with griefing. simply warp out on afkers so they waste an hour and get nothing. we need to fight back, if someone is so low brow they t1 no shields in pvp, hope they had fun that one time, as theyll be ostracized mass ignored and warped on.
hmm... reminds me of something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win'STO'n Ch'urch' I'll
We shall fight in the arenas, we shall fight in the C&Hs, we shall fight in the forums and in the zonechat, we shall fight in broken Ker'rat; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, PvP or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Devs behind STO, armed and guarded by Cryptic, would carry on the struggle, until, in Gods good time, the Perfect World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of PvP!
Empire Veteran
# 10
10-31-2012, 05:12 AM
[quote]
Quote:
4. = Profit!

I'm hoping for number 4, and that new players learn to enjoy PvP as I and others have in STO.

Maybe it'll even bring those balance changes we've been waiting for.....
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP